Competitions 2017 Schache Cup #1 - (insert clever pun title here edition)

Who will kick a goal this week?

• Ryan Harwood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harris Andrews

• Daniel Rich

• Sam Mayes

• Darcy Gardiner

• Marco Paparone

• Josh Walker

• Rohan Bewick

• Stefan Martin

• Jake Barrett

• Tom Rockliff

• Ben Keays

• Jarrod Berry

• Claye Beams

• Nick Robertson

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome once again to the shortest and perhaps the most anticlimactic competition on Bigfooty! In case you've forgotten, or forced it from your consciousness this is the lions goalkicking comp, where you select one player each week and ride them home like seabiscuit to kick a goal.

Win and you get presented with a ethically questionable trophy and your names will be etched in history forever, just like last seasons winners who I can't remember.

Rules

Basic plot: You have to pick a Lions goal kicker each week. If he kicks a goal you move on to the next round. If he doesn't you're out. Can't pick the same player twice. Last person left wins.

Selections: You make your selections in this threads poll. Your selection must be in by the first bounce. You can change your selection right up until the first bounce if you get a late vibe.

Late changes: If your selected player is named in the 22 but is a late withdrawal then you get whoever comes in for him. If there's more than one late change then I'll match up players alphabetically to work out who replaced who.

Tiebreaker: As the competition goes on I will count your goals. Eg if you pick Schache this week and he kicks 5 goals then those goals go against your name. If our final participants all bomb out at the same time then the winner is whoever has the most goals up until that point. If the remaining participants are also equal on goals then each of them will get 1 point if they got the highest goal kicker for that round. If we're still tied after that we'll have joint winners who will unfortunately split the prizemoney.

Note: Once the comp has started and the first week is over that's your chance to join the comp gone for this edition. So please don't select anyone in the poll if you're not in the comp after the first week. It really pisses me off and I do have the ability to abuse my mod powers and ban you so play nice!!! But don't worry too much we're likely to be kicking off another comp shortly given our history.

So get your picking shoes on and choose your first pick in the latest edition of the Schache Cup.

Gonna go all in and putting the house on McCluggage getting his first goal at the Gabba

Might be a better comp this year, might get more than 3 goalkickers in a match

Surely last year people gave up & went back to trying to find their lost needle in a haystack ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does the winner get? a house, a car? Something magnificent like that I hope. Should be as this is a very prestigious competition.;):D

I'm keeping a list this year. I got myself confused last year not remembering who I'd picked previously etc..

Going in for Hip to be square

Bah, so predictable gents. I'm getting on Lewy Taylor.

Back