FD2646

Premiership Player
Sep 11, 2008
Everywhere, anywhere
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth
Taking into account factors such as our near bottom finish, our injuries, expected list turnover, I'm interested in hearing from others about 4-5 overarching key performance targets you would set for the club to measure success next year. My targets would include the following:
1. Given Ross has stated it could take 4 years to be serious contenders, my first target would be debuting at least 3 new draftees over the course of the year, with them playing a combined 20 games (minimum) for the year.
2. Winning at least one derby
3. Re-establishing home ground dominance - winning at least 7 home
4. Increasing scoring by at least 15% on 2016
5. Finishing between 6-10 on the ladder

Some of the above could be perceived as aspirational and no doubt there are dynamic factors such as further injuries to key personnel, however life in the afl is not easy. What are your thoughts fellow freo fanatics!

Minor premier and flag for alligment club peel. With most of the draftee and rookie player improve during pre season and nab for freo.

Last edited:
1. Reduced soft tissue injuries
2. Better preseason with more on the park at every session
3. Greater consistency of effort across 4 quarters (might be associated with fitness)
4. Improved movement out of back 50.
5. Better delivery into 50.

If we do those things, the wins will take care of themselves.

I'd like to get excited by a new forward line and set up.
Finals? All depends on personnel, but I think it would be foolish to expect finals.
All things equal and if healthy I'd expect at least double the wins.
Would also love to see some draftees get game time and any new recruits make an impact.

Well that is certainly aspirational, but I like it!
Sorry just late , edit it to alligment club peel . But still good that mean improvement in kids development.

1) push for finals, but would be satisfied with a finish around 10th after this year
2) get bennell on the park and get at least 15 games into him
3) the return of fyfe to winning of the brownlow
4) games into our youngsters, and to see all our draftees get at least some game time ( if they dont succumb to injuries )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back