Training 2017 Season Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

I know everyone is hanging out for training reports... So, starting with the important stuff:
  • No orange and chocolate muffins in the cafe - very disappointing.
  • A 'chocolate bar' may have been found in one of the pools as it was evacuated at one point - always keep your head above water in the pool with the play area.
  • None of our trade targets were spotted at the water slides - must have been there yesterday.
As for Freo's training session I wasn't watching the whole time but there wasn't much of note. Given how poorly they performed last week I was hoping to see a bit more intensity and focus than what I saw. Reminded me of the last training session last year where they seemed to be just going through the motions to end the season. But they came out and beat the Dogs that week so hopefully they follow a similar trend and come out fired up in our last game at home this season (and our last game at Subi ever). Hopefully with Crozier back, and Bennell in the mix our forward line will be more dangerous (and efficient) than last week - they all seemed to be moving pretty well at training. Of course we will have to win the ball first which might be a challenge without Neale, Blakely and Walters.

Just a quick question for our esteemed training watchers if I might - do our players actually practice kicking to a spot about 2 feet in front of a leading player? It just seems that we are really good at the kick that drops short so I assume we must do a lot of work on it at training.

Just a quick question for our esteemed training watchers if I might - do our players actually practice kicking to a spot about 2 feet in front of a leading player? It just seems that we are really good at the kick that drops short so I assume we must do a lot of work on it at training.
And kicking directly to opposition players, must be practising that too...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With a love that will shelter you. :D
Now if you feel that you can't go on
Because half the midfields gone,
And your knee has a contusion
And the umpires in collusion,
And your world around is crumblin' down;
Sandi, reach out (come on man, reach on out for me)
Reach out (reach out for me.)
I'll be there, with a bump that will shelter you.
I'll be there, with a shove that will see you through.
I'll be there with you in the rehab crew...

My daughter cracked the sads after 15mins so I had to leave. Didn't see anything more than a few runs and a bit of a kick to kick. Bennell knows how to kick a footy pretty well, that's about all I can tell you. :oops:
I was there too. I am sorry I did not get to meet you.

I had to smile to myself when there was some match sim and Sutty kicked it to Ballas, who was on the oppo team, and Ballas fumbled the mark. I thought there we are in microcosm.

And as Unique Name said Bennell is perfect off either foot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back