Training 2017 Season Training Reports

PowerToThePurpl

All Australian
Jun 28, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Started with the main group, then went into running with Lachie Neale, Joel Hamling and Matt Uebergang. Looks very close to a run with Peel I would have thought.

Sandi came out very late for light workout with Zac Clark, Jon Griffin and Brady Grey.

Harley Balic pretty much as for Harley Bennell, main group then running.

No sign of Ed Langdon. Brad Hill appeared to roll an ankle but came back out. Griffin Logue got a knock on the knee but seemed to run it out OK.

Skills were generally poor with a few good patches thrown in, pretty much the way we are playing.
Fantastic insight as always DudleyDocker we really appreciate it :thumbsu:

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Started with the main group, then went into running with Lachie Neale, Joel Hamling and Matt Uebergang. Looks very close to a run with Peel I would have thought.

Sandi came out very late for light workout with Zac Clark, Jon Griffin and Brady Grey.

Harley Balic pretty much as for Harley Bennell, main group then running.

did the team "get around" Bennell ie: look happy to have him back etc?

Apr 18, 2011
Japan
AFL Club
Fremantle
Dear Hughie,
I know we haven't talked much and when we do it's mostly me calling you a campaigner for giving kids face cancer or dropping roofs on your flock or Donald Trump, stuff like that, but if you can just get Harley to play one game this season I promise I'll come to your house and say nice things about you for a time to be negotiated but probably just the rest of this month. And if the mob up the road were to spontaneously combust as well, no-one round here will say anything.
Thanks, MC.

From the outside looking at how they've responded to the bye it seems like the Brisbane game might have been a bit of a wake up call. Hope it translates on Sunday

I'm just glad we turned it around and flogged the bye. We can take that good form into our next game

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Based on nothing, looks like the team in the red vests are senior team, yellow vests WAFL. Looks like Subes is lining up again for Peel or travelling emergency. Sean Darcy to debut!!!

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Based on nothing, looks like the team in the red vests are senior team, yellow vests WAFL. Looks like Subes is lining up again for Peel or travelling emergency. Sean Darcy to debut!!!
Umm Sandi and subanman on red.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Funny looking red :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::cool:
Funny looking yellow, players always change their team in training.
IMG_20170623_114317.jpg

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fyfe out, Sutcliffe back into the 25 , Cox rucking by the look of the mid work. ,Subes and De Luca in by the high fives they received. Fyfe being rested as he kept training after the session along with Sandy, Grey and Uber. Mundy had a very short session. Reckon this game is a big cross and they are loading up for a crack at the Saints next Sunday. Balic back next week, Bennell the week after. 39 out on the track, Clark light work and Langdon plenty of running.

DudleyDocker

Cancelled
Oct 3, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NE Patriots
OK, you can all relax, I found my binoculars - thanks to Tony for picking them up at the cafe on Wednesday.

For all who are worried about Fyfe, I suspect he might have a mild case of tankochronditis. I'm sure if this was an important game that didn't already have a huge "L" chalked up against, Fyfe would play as would Sandi. But no point playing crucial stars who are even slightly sore in a game that we were always VERY unlikely to win and in conditions that lend themselves perfectly to further injury - i.e. freezing cold and windy as a hell.

Some really good signs out there today, a huge complement training and they actually seemed to be enjoying themselves. Harley Bennell looks a million dollars and I would not be surprised to see him run out for Peel in the next two weeks. Balic looks fine, but probably short of a gallop - would expect to see him at Peel next weekend. Uber continues to get lots of miles into his legs and is looking a fine specimen of a footballer. Salim commented that he has a similar body shape to Alex Rance, and he is certainly one big unit. Was displaying his goal kicking skills, so I would not be surprised to see him groomed as a KPF - he is certainly big enough and has all the attributes. Brady Grey was out running in the rehab groups, but still looks a couple of weeks away. Zac Clark made an appearance, but didn't stay out there long. Ed Langdon looks to be running pretty well, but still has a heavy bandage on the knee.

I expect the selectors to be very conservative with any injuries from here to the end of the season, and don't see them rushing any of the LTI guys back this year, there's really no point. Great to see Darcy getting a run even though he will likely get smashed, and I expect DeLuca will be in the side as well.

Not too fussed about guys like Ballas and even Suban getting a game. They are still on our list and sometimes you just need to have some experienced hardened bodies in amongst all the kids. Hawthorn brought back a lot of experience last night and it worked a treat for them. We will need to pump games into the young kids, but we also need to protect them from getting absolutely smashed and potentially injured - it's a fine balancing act.

Sep 24, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
OK, you can all relax, I found my binoculars - thanks to Tony for picking them up at the cafe on Wednesday.

For all who are worried about Fyfe, I suspect he might have a mild case of tankochronditis. I'm sure if this was an important game that didn't already have a huge "L" chalked up against, Fyfe would play as would Sandi. But no point playing crucial stars who are even slightly sore in a game that we were always VERY unlikely to win and in conditions that lend themselves perfectly to further injury - i.e. freezing cold and windy as a hell.

Some really good signs out there today, a huge complement training and they actually seemed to be enjoying themselves. Harley Bennell looks a million dollars and I would not be surprised to see him run out for Peel in the next two weeks. Balic looks fine, but probably short of a gallop - would expect to see him at Peel next weekend. Uber continues to get lots of miles into his legs and is looking a fine specimen of a footballer. Salim commented that he has a similar body shape to Alex Rance, and he is certainly one big unit. Was displaying his goal kicking skills, so I would not be surprised to see him groomed as a KPF - he is certainly big enough and has all the attributes. Brady Grey was out running in the rehab groups, but still looks a couple of weeks away. Zac Clark made an appearance, but didn't stay out there long. Ed Langdon looks to be running pretty well, but still has a heavy bandage on the knee.

I expect the selectors to be very conservative with any injuries from here to the end of the season, and don't see them rushing any of the LTI guys back this year, there's really no point. Great to see Darcy getting a run even though he will likely get smashed, and I expect DeLuca will be in the side as well.

Not too fussed about guys like Ballas and even Suban getting a game. They are still on our list and sometimes you just need to have some experienced hardened bodies in amongst all the kids. Hawthorn brought back a lot of experience last night and it worked a treat for them. We will need to pump games into the young kids, but we also need to protect them from getting absolutely smashed and potentially injured - it's a fine balancing act.

Any chance Balic will play Peel reserves?

Cowboy Neale

Senior List
Apr 13, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Geez, thanks Dudley from those of us who can't get down to training. It's much appreciated to be able to read a no spin account of what's going on down at Cocburn! Cheers

Back