Preview 2017 Semi-Final: Cats v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong weekend to be 3 weeks without a cigarette.:huh:

Try getting chemo. I didn't have cancer (Had ITP, now gone) but I saw the cancer ward around the corner. Lot of smokers up there with wailing family around them. Haven't touched a cancer stick since. (sorry to be a mood killer)

Aaah fresh air.:) And another year, another Swans tilt at the premiership. :footy:

Last edited:
If we win this we will go on to win the flag

First quarter will be on!!

Only thing that can hold us up is sometimes rain causes luck at times

Just my opinion

I think we will jump the crows

The Cats were frantic last week. Only got done by a team that came up with an unparalleled level of frantic.
I hope we just batter them, with too many big guys rotating through the middle. Danger might stand up to that, but the others will wilt.

Last edited:

l

The Cats were frantic last week. Only got done by a team that came up with an unparalleled level of frantic.
I hope we just batter them, with too many big guys rotating through the middle. Danger might stand up to that, but the others will wilt.
I don't get why I'm quoted here. I'm alluding to the fact that Rohan is predominantly white with a red tip...like a cigarette:drunk:

So if we make it through this week and come up against Adelaide on Friday night. That'll make it a month since Melican has last played. I hope the selectors are still willing to show faith in him.

Yeah, bit of a worry that. But he comes in v the Crows for me. He'll be raring to go I reckon.
He'd go straight back out again though for Richmond surely so...? Actually against the Tiges we would prob do well with just Melican and Rampe...not happening but that would be good and mobile cover for them.

If we win this we will go on to win the flag

First quarter will be on!!

Only thing that can hold us up is sometimes rain causes luck at times

Just my opinion

I think we will jump the crows

Dont forget the fairytale tigers

Think Geelong will come out swinging. They'll be pumped up for this one, backs against the wall and all that. We are just a far superior team though, game will be over at half time.
No game is over by half time...ah * it, who am I kidding!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Try getting chemo. I didn't have cancer (Had ITP, now gone) but I saw the cancer ward around the corner. Lot of smokers up there with wailing family around them. Haven't touched a cancer stick since. (sorry to be a mood killer)

Aaah fresh air.:) And another year, another Swans tilt at the premiership. :footy:
I gave up in 1980. Think I'm in the clear.

Why are we kissing Selwood's fanny in the preview? The guy would be a real good player (was one years ago) if he wasn't trying to draw a free kick whenever anyone came anywhere near him. He is a dead set disgrace to the spirit of the game in my opinion.

Hands up if you drop your knees and throw your elbows up ANY time someone lays a hand on you !
r0_0_1776_2289_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
As it happens, I wasn't kissing his fanny, or any other part of him...

But he is a good player for the Cats, and to try and say otherwise is just not credible... and while it does seem to me that he plays for free kicks, I didn't think the OP was the place to say so. However, you are free to have your opinion, or put your hand up to do the OP.

I had to google that...if it's not cancer, it's ******* tax!:cool:

I'm surprised that the overwhelming view seems to be that an unchanged team is the way to go.

Grundy, Rampe, Smith as pure defenders, the rest either converted midfielders or attacking flankers.
Last year we went into the PF v Geelong, at the MCG, with those 3 plus Aliir, Laidler, Marsh (with Mills inj) and an inferior potential swingman in XR (with Reid inj).
Aliir went down injured and we had the height/flexibility to cover his loss, without affecting our overall structure (eg having to move a fwd down back).
We won that game by 6 goals. We went into this year's Rd 23 game at Kardinia Park with Grundy, Melican and Rampe and won by 8 goals.
It's not as if having too much height in our defence has been a problem against the Cats..

Cunningham is quick, but I'd suggest he doesn't offer a significant point of difference and is far from an essential part of our best 22.
Grundy/Melican could have taken Hawkins/Taylor and Rampe is good enough to take anyone from Geelong's fwd set up and provide tall cover

There seems to be some suggestion that the weather played a major part in the decision, yet it doesn't appear to have influenced our forward structure.

I think we are undersized and if I'm Geelong I'm looking at trying to exploit that. And given the height they have through their team they have plenty of options (eg moving Henderson up fwd, playing Blicavas more inside the fwd 50 or even bringing Vardy in).

If Melican isn't a late in, then I think we are making a mistake.

I'm surprised that the overwhelming view seems to be that an unchanged team is the way to go.

Grundy, Rampe, Smith as pure defenders, the rest either converted midfielders or attacking flankers.
Last year we went into the PF v Geelong, at the MCG, with those 3 plus Aliir, Laidler, Marsh (with Mills inj) and an inferior potential swingman in XR (with Reid inj).
Aliir went down injured and we had the height/flexibility to cover his loss, without affecting our overall structure (eg having to move a fwd down back).
We won that game by 6 goals. We went into this year's Rd 23 game at Kardinia Park with Grundy, Melican and Rampe and won by 8 goals.
It's not as if having too much height in our defence has been a problem against the Cats..

Cunningham is quick, but I'd suggest he doesn't offer a significant point of difference and is far from an essential part of our best 22.
Grundy/Melican could have taken Hawkins/Taylor and Rampe is good enough to take anyone from Geelong's fwd set up and provide tall cover

There seems to be some suggestion that the weather played a major part in the decision, yet it doesn't appear to have influenced our forward structure.

I think we are undersized and if I'm Geelong I'm looking at trying to exploit that. And given the height they have through their team they have plenty of options (eg moving Henderson up fwd, playing Blicavas more inside the fwd 50 or even bringing Vardy in).

Taylor will play back

Uh oh... has Horse f***ed up?

I think Melican might still be not fully fit. Dunno. Just a hunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back