News 2017 St Kilda in the media

Remove this Banner Ad

I am still very concerned about that incident.
School goes to Police.
Police immediately inform Media. ( or the school did, but less than likely IMO ).

Police/Media corruption is still corruption.
Why would someone in the police tell the media unless there was something in it for them?

Let them look in a mirror and do a freaking current affair piece on themselves. ( just before they have a thinly disguised advertisement for a supermarket ).

Saints still upbeat despite winless start
DInny Navaratnam April 4, 2017 2:47 PM

A WINLESS start to the season has not changed the mood at St Kilda, forward Josh Bruce says.

The Saints struggled after quarter-time in their round one clash against Melbourne before losing by 30 points while they were overrun late versus West Coast last Saturday.

St Kilda entered the pre-season full of expectation after it won 12 games last year and missed the finals on percentage. Starting the season trailing in the win-loss ledger has not been what the club wanted.

"We're really disappointed with the way we played against Melbourne but we turned that around against West Coast and gave ourselves a chance to win," Bruce said.

"Irrespective of the 0-2, I think it's really important to continue to play our way."

Former skipper Nick Riewoldt trained on Tuesday as he bids to make a miraculous comeback to face the Brisbane Lions at Etihad Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

Another aiming to return is tough midfielder David Armitage, who was sidelined by a groin injury last Saturday.

Both will need to train well on Thursday to be available for selection.

Dynamic onballer Jack Steven flew back to Melbourne on Monday with club doctor Tim Barbour after playing the last half of the final quarter with a punctured lung. He has been ruled out of facing the Lions.

Harris Andrews will likely spend time marking Bruce on Sunday. The 20-year-old is seen as a future leader of the club and is excellent at reading the flight of the ball and taking intercept marks.

Bruce said he enjoyed the attention from opposition coaches.

"I really pride myself on taking the best defender week in, week out and setting myself against them. I'm looking forward to the challenge," he said.

"I see it as a feather in the cap. I've got a lot of support around me with Tim Membrey and Paddy (McCartin) having terrific years last year and being further big bodies down there as well."

Questions of character 'based on untruths': Dempster

RETIRED St Kilda defender Sean Dempster says it was upsetting his character was questioned in his final weeks as an AFL player.

A knock in the JLT Community Series was the latest in a number of head injuries that forced the 33-year-old into retirement on Thursday, but reports - in the lead-up to that announcement - had alleged the 222-game veteran was unhappy and considering his future after being overlooked for St Kilda's round one team.

A fiercely private Dempster told radio station SEN on Friday it was a disappointing way to end a highly respected career with Sydney and the Saints.

"Being a quiet person that stays away from the media as much as possible, to have your character questioned, for me, was upsetting," Dempster said.

"It was kind of the first time that I was questioned as a person and my character being questioned.

"I found that difficult given it was based on untruths. That was hard."

Dempster rubbished speculation he refused to play in a VFL practice match with Sandringham after missing out on the round one team, but he conceded his form, and the way the Saints handled his absence, could have been better.

Coach Alan Richardson said in the lead-up to round one he was unaware Dempster was struggling with the injury.

"I think the way we handled it wasn't the best. It allowed for a lot of speculation," Dempster said.

"I suppose the club knew where I stood and what I'm like as a (private) person, and thought (my health) wouldn't gain any (media) traction if they just don't talk about it.

"But I guess not talking about it caused more questions.

"I probably wasn't going to be picked for round one anyway, so there was an element of form to it."

Dempster is likely to be eligible for a payout, given his career has been cut short due to injury.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Damo, go **** yourself you lying piece of scum. How about you man up for once in your life and apologise, you dog.

Barrel's ...I just saw it on the club website and the new sponsors thread........GREAT CALL there !!!!!!

That's 3 new sponsors in the last 4 weeks...RSEA...Hancock Tyres and now....Holman.

FANTASTIC work by the team at the Saints !!!!!!

When it was revealed that we didn't have a shorts or coaches sponsor....I thought that's not good considering all the positive news since last NOV.

Then RSEA....and the rest.....LOT'S of behind the scenes work has been going on..

WELL DONE.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.zerohanger.com/bob-murphys-top-five-underrated-players-afl-11285/

Bob Murphy’s top five underrated players in the AFL

5. Jarryn Geary (St Kilda)

The Saints’ veteran may not fly under radar any more, following his appointment as captain, but the 28-year-old has gotten the job done for St Kilda for 141 games and gone
largely unnoticed by many opposition fans.

He plays his role to aplomb and is highly rated at his club and around the league.

1. Sean Dempster (St Kilda)

Despite announcing his retirement last week, Murphy named Sean Dempster as the game’s most underrated player.

“He retired last week, (but) ask any forward in the competition who’s played on him and said he’s a nightmare to play on,” Murphy said.

Richo on the SEN Superbox last night: https://www.sen.com.au/audio/

That segment is so much better without Malthouse in the box. I loved it in 2015 and then it was totally ruined by the inclusion of Mick last year who was under the illusion that people only wanted to listen to him.

From caro's article on age re hawks

The club's search for a new chief executive has narrowed down to two, with St Kilda's chief operating officer Ameet Bains sticking to his decision to remove himself from the recruitment process. Bains has told the Saints he will remain at the club helping to oversee the move from Seaford back to Moorabbin.

Great news if true

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

From caro's article on age re hawks

The club's search for a new chief executive has narrowed down to two, with St Kilda's chief operating officer Ameet Bains sticking to his decision to remove himself from the recruitment process. Bains has told the Saints he will remain at the club helping to oversee the move from Seaford back to Moorabbin.

Great news if true

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
And the next 10 trade periods!

Bains has told the Saints he will remain at the club helping to oversee the move from Seaford back to Moorabbin.

Great news if true
Absolutely awesome news if correct........so he'll at least be with us for this year and next.....I think the Moorabbin project is complete early 2018 season.........hopefully he'll still be with us for the 2018 draft/trade period.

Big Holmesy looking great in AFL Evolution

2u6ctwl.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back