News 2017 St Kilda in the media

Remove this Banner Ad

6a8135298c599749150202144ae96358.png

Cats out of the bag. Jack is a star.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hahahahahahahaha, bunch of **** wits. No doubt Clayton Oliver was leading the charge, that red headed dog of a bloke can't help himself. To any Melbourne supporters reading this, suffer in ya jocks! Talk about pathetic. How you missed the finals is one of the most embarrassing things to happen to a side on the football field in recent memory.

Shows how great the culture there is as well. All talk, bunch of arrogant pricks. Got exactly what they deserved.

Shows how great the culture there is as well. All talk, bunch of arrogant pricks. Got exactly what they deserved.
Geez nanganator....don't hold back there......tell us what you really think....lol.....

Didn't disagree with one word that you wrote!

Hahahahahahahaha, bunch of **** wits. No doubt Clayton Oliver was leading the charge, that red headed dog of a bloke can't help himself. To any Melbourne supporters reading this, suffer in ya jocks! Talk about pathetic. How you missed the finals is one of the most embarrassing things to happen to a side on the football field in recent memory.

I sense animosity at the edges :p

Geez nanganator....don't hold back there......tell us what you really think....lol.....

Didn't disagree with one word that you wrote!
;)
I sense animosity at the edges :p
Haha yeah, I've always disliked Melbourne but hearing that they were sledging our boys and boasting about September, only to completely stuff it up themselves and have the whole football world laugh at them was just some sweet humble pie in my books :D They got exactly what they deserved

Leigh Montagna expected to announce his retirement after 287 games with St Kilda
JON RALPH, Herald Sun
August 29, 2017 8:30pm
Subscriber only

LEIGH Montagna is expected to announce the end of his decorated career after 287 games and five top-three finishes on the Trevor Barker Award.

Montagna has his exit meeting with coach Alan Richardson on Wednesday where he is expected to decide he will retire and move into a new media career.

He was given a range of scenarios for 2018 by the club after his season-ending hamstring injury but the Saints can’t guarantee him a spot in their best 22 next year.

LIST CHANGES: EVERY CLUB’S RETIREMENTS AND DELISTINGS

AFL DRAFT: WHAT DRAFT PICKS DOES YOUR CLUB HAVE?

NO THANKS: TIGERS WANTED SAINT NICK TO PLAY ON

He could decide he will see how the club’s free agency and trade period plays out before deciding his future but is more likely to retire immediately.

His wife effectively confirmed the decision on social media during the club’s Mad Mondaycelebrations, with Richardson not denying Montagna’s intention at AFL 360 on Monday night.

Montagna still put together an excellent season this year off half-back but at 33 the Saints have the likes of Brandon White and Bailey Rice who need more opportunities.

362cd8dd295869c5636b700139fb2363

Leigh Montagna in full flight against Richmond. Picture: Michael Klein
Montagna never won a best-and-fairest award in a star-studded St Kilda side but was twice recognised with All-Australian honours.

His leadership around the club has been consistently lauded by Richardson, with Montagna already setting up a media career.

He called Friday night’s game for Triple M and is expected to quickly slot into a media role.

The Saints fell from finals contention after losing five of their final seven games this year to take a step backwards with 11 wins after last year’s 12-victory season.

But the retirement of Montagna, Nick Riewoldt and Sean Dempster will not only strip 845 games of experience, it will hand the Saints even more salary cap room.

The Roos are cashed up with millions of dollars of salary cap room as well as picks seven and eight to secure more A grade stars.

3ab64c422cbb8f2e4396425891f7561f

St Kilda’s 2001 draft picks: (from left) Luke Ball, Josh Houlihan, Matt Maguire, Leigh Montagna, Xavier Clarke and Nick Dal Santo.
Comments

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure that you can make that sort of assumption regarding what motivates people you don't know.
It was toungue in cheek but my actual point is the unnecesary pressure on the group has on them now. Due to some bullshit about when were winning our next flag. There are a lot of suspect players in our team who dont respond to pressure very well at all.

It was toungue in cheek but my actual point is the unnecesary pressure on the group has on them now. Due to some bullshit about when were winning our next flag. There are a lot of suspect players in our team who dont respond to pressure very well at all.

The good thing is that we have alternatives in most cases, and i think that's deliberate. But at the same time dropping a player when they cave under pressure is not going to help them deal with the pressure better.

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/how-billings-helped-another-jack-get-to-the-saints/

How Billings helped another Jack get to the Saints

“He would have loved to have been drafted in 2013,” childhood friend, and teammate at St Kilda, Jack Billings, told AFLPlayers.com.au.

“But I think in Year 12 he focused on having fun and enjoying his footy at school. Clubs probably didn’t know enough about him.”

And while Sinclair worked hard to create a pathway to get on an AFL list during the 2014 season, Billings was keeping St Kilda’s list management team updated on how his close mate was progressing.

“Because we were such good mates and grew up together, Tony Elshaug would often ask me a few questions about ‘Sincs’ and I tried to be as honest as I could,” Billings added. “I may have tried to pump him up a little bit as well.

“Trout asked me certain questions about Jack as a person off the field. In terms of performance, he did all the work.

“I knew that he [Elshaug] was quite interested in ‘Sincs’ so I wasn’t really surprised when we drafted him. It was all pretty special the way it worked out.”

Then the next week he interviews Kim Duthie and a flaming Dwarf.
Prime time gold:thumbsu:
He really seems very desperate for a story...any story.

I may have missed some announcement...but why is he interviewing Jim O'Dea....

All that will do is bring up very ugly memories of that game at Moorabbin in 1972.

He really seems very desperate for a story...any story.

I may have missed some announcement...but why is he interviewing Jim O'Dea....

All that will do is bring up very ugly memories of that game at Moorabbin in 1972.
Yes, I wonder if he will ask Eddie about the SBS show with Harry O and the racism directed at the club by him . I bet he doesn't

Remove this Banner Ad

Back