News 2017 St Kilda in the media

Remove this Banner Ad

Picking teams this year is like water divining, I heard the Pure footy guys talking Collingwood up for the big improver this year, the guy that picked the Bulldogs to come good who analyses teams based on historical data that a few AFL teams use reckon Collingwood have made too many changes to be stable and will falter. That guy reckons North Melbourne actually won't fall in a heap due to the stability factor though as much as I want to believe him.

Jack (Dewey) Steele “I’ve really enjoyed it so far. I’m living with Hughie Goddard and Lewy Pierce"

I thought you had found a Joel Selwood biopic there.

This guy is an idiot, that's all to be said.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
When you read through his article it's not idiotic, it was a balance argument with a lot of interesting points which he correctly highlighted.
We are up against it this year relative to last.
Where we differ to Ryan is in the conclusion in that we think the progress of the group and added depth will overcome a harder draw and possibly more injuries.
Just his opinion but he justified it fairly enough.

When you read through his article it's not idiotic, it was a balance argument with a lot of interesting points which he correctly highlighted.
We are up against it this year relative to last.
Where we differ to Ryan is in the conclusion in that we think the progress of the group and added depth will overcome a harder draw and possibly more injuries.
Just his opinion but he justified it fairly enough.

Ok, fair enough.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Alan Richardson is taking over from Nathan "shouldn't the media concentrate on something else" Buckley on AFL 360.

Should be good watching

really. all year? when is he starting?

KB very bullish about Saints on SEN this morning...even did his take on us. Couldn't quite believe what I was hearing but it put me in a good mood.

"I’m keen on the Saints to make finals for I loved the way they played last season, full of enthusiasm, full of spirit, they were entertaining to watch with quick ball movement and with an attacking mindset." – Kevin Bartlett

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all our discussions about Joey versus a young un in that back pocket, it may be a mute point. A calf is an old man's injury. He may well be injured or managed to the point where he only plays about 12-15 games anyway.
Storm in a teacup. Hardly ever been injured throughout his whole career. Super durable. Reckon its more precautionary more than anything!

For all our discussions about Joey versus a young un in that back pocket, it may be a mute point. A calf is an old man's injury. He may well be injured or managed to the point where he only plays about 12-15 games anyway.

He's been remarkably resilient injury wise. You back a solid body of any age over a consistently injured kid.

Richardson said he was looking forward to joining Geelong coach Chris Scott on Fox Footy’s AFL 360 this year, having replaced Collingwood’s Nathan Buckley.

“It doesn’t hurt to have a St Kilda person out there talking about why we do the things we do and to potentially have some thoughts on the game from a broader perspective,” he said.

“The reality is, as a football club, we have had to make some pretty hard decisions over the years with respect to the list, and your fans have got to know why you are doing the things you do. I’m looking forward to doing that.

“We have had a bit of a strategy of being a bit more open as a footy club, led by Peter Summers at board level, and Matt Finnis as our CEO, and I’ve tried to embrace that as well.

“There is a chance that we will have some challenging weeks. But I hope there will be less of those than there are good weeks.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...a/news-story/5fbda14e678fa4445aec67fac0ce4f29

Remove this Banner Ad

Back