2017 St.Kilda Membership Thread (CLUB RECORD 42,094 - 01/08/17)

Remove this Banner Ad

When is intra club again? Mid Jan?

GJD23 hey before i forget, this reminded me of the intraclub streaming debacle of previous years. any chance we can get in early to request its streamed for interstate/international supporters?

GJD23 hey before i forget, this reminded me of the intraclub streaming debacle of previous years. any chance we can get in early to request its streamed for interstate/international supporters?
Yep no worries I can ask for you guys, I'd like it as well as I'll most likely be at work.

So did the Club count the 31000th member then knock off and go to the pub? Seems a bit strange that we just got exactly 18 members yesterday??

FWIW...it doesnt matter at all but I do think the final count was stage managed a bit to get the total on the last day of business.
You think we got 18 members yesterday?

So did the Club count the 31000th member then knock off and go to the pub? Seems a bit strange that we just got exactly 18 members yesterday??

FWIW...it doesnt matter at all but I do think the final count was stage managed a bit to get the total on the last day of business.
I think it's more that the club revealed we got to 31k and they left the total at that. The rest will carry on in the next up date in the new year I expect!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/whe...r/news-story/1a960325e0737945ffa31631aacc72f0

All clubs current membership tallies. We're sitting pretty at the moment.
Here's hoping the momentum keeps on going! I expect it will. We have a new apparel sponsor to be revealed soon (according to Matt Finnis at the AGM), more re-signings to come (hopefully), it's looking like a record breaking membership year and of course Moorabbin getting the green light! Plenty of press conferences to be had with that lot and I'm sure there's probably more brewing. It's a beautiful thing.

Edit: just saw crasha301 's post. :thumbsu: This is the full list.

I just watched the last qtr of 2003 round 16 v north
Getting the same feelings of building towards something as back then

Everyone can sense it
We all know it
The players know it

Sept action here we come
PoppedCorn....what a cracker of a game that was.........and yes....I have the same "building " feeling now to what I had about 1/3 of the way thru the 2013 season....after we beat Carlton on a Sat night at Telstra with 45,000 there.....that's when I thought something is happening.

From memory...that North game was a heart attack finish after we kicked 10 goals in the first 1/4.With minutes to go,the G train took a pass from Banger and slotted it to put us back in front.... ....then the siren shortly after....that was the first time that I thought Joey could be a player.....in North's goal square...he fired a lightening handball to Harvs who took off and passed to the G.........arrhhh..the memories !!!!

I just watched the last qtr of 2003 round 16 v north
Getting the same feelings of building towards something as back then

Everyone can sense it
We all know it
The players know it

Sept action here we come
What a game that was hey!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Merry Xmas all!

Current Membership Tally (24/12/2016):

This Time Last Year (24/12/2015):

Difference:
+4,857

Projected Final Total:

All-Time Tally;
1. 39,276 (2011)
2. 39,021 (2010)
3. 38,009 (2016)
4. 35,440 (2012)
5. 32,746 (2015)
6. 32,707 (2013)
7. 32,327 (2006)
8. 32,043 (2005)
9. 31,906 (2009)
10. 31,301 (2017)
11. 30,739 (2014)
12. 30,534 (2004)
13. 30,394 (2007)
14. 30,063 (2008)
15. 23,626 (2003)

PoppedCorn....what a cracker of a game that was.........and yes....I have the same "building " feeling now to what I had about 1/3 of the way thru the 2013 season....after we beat Carlton on a Sat night at Telstra with 45,000 there.....that's when I thought something is happening.

From memory...that North game was a heart attack finish after we kicked 10 goals in the first 1/4.With minutes to go,the G train took a pass from Banger and slotted it to put us back in front.... ....then the siren shortly after....that was the first time that I thought Joey could be a player.....in North's goal square...he fired a lightening handball to Harvs who took off and passed to the G.........arrhhh..the memories !!!!
EDIT.....TYPO ALERT......the above should at."1/3 of the way thru the 2003 season"..

Speaking of the 2013 season....it was about 1/2 thru that season that it was becoming obvious to all that we were in deep,deep doo doo list wise......lol..

This is awesome. Take the Dogs, a similar club (Victorian, not one of the Big 4) who just won their first premiership in half a century and have some huge (deserved) hype around them at the moment, and we currently have slightly more members signed up than them for next year. The club must be doing something right with their media and image because people are buying in.

Great to see such great numbers early at the Saints. A promising year ahead and the fans rightly getting on board. Some really bold targets and milestones set to this point.... Why not chase 50,000 i. 2017? Would need some good promotion and networking but what the heck.. Why not? I'm enjoying seeing the 'red and black' (and white) going well in membership on all fronts. With Moorabbin - great times for the Saints!

Also worth mentioning, if you create on-field success (which I think you will), you'll enjoy watching the membership numbers climb during the year (better than expected).

Happened with the dogs, and was very exciting watching it climb during the season.
Yup. Success breeds success. It was fantastic for the Dogs. Living in the west the flag has been massive. Love seeing all the red white and blue and the pride out here.
I begrudge the Dogs nothing, still envious of the win though.

This is awesome. Take the Dogs, a similar club (Victorian, not one of the Big 4) who just won their first premiership in half a century and have some huge (deserved) hype around them at the moment, and we currently have slightly more members signed up than them for next year. The club must be doing something right with their media and image because people are buying in.

Their existing members are upgrading their categories in a big way though. Their social Club is up 42% and the categories that give you automatic GF tix pretty much sold out. That's big extra $ that doesn't reflect on raw membership numbers.

Just for some comparison;

Adelaide 61,093
Hawthorn 61,028
West Coast 54,545
Richmond 52,401
Port Adelaide 50,027
Essendon 46,133
Fremantle 46,028
Geelong 43,007
Carlton 32,759
St.Kilda 31,301
Sydney 31,267
Western Bulldogs 29,828
Melbourne 28,392
North Melbourne 26,895
Brisbane 14,342
GWS 10,002
Gold Coast 7,294

Collingwood N/A

What struck me was;

Saints 31301
v
Bris, GWS, GC combined 31648

And....
Saints building momentum.
Carlton way under performing.
Tigers faithful are gluttons for punishment.

Edit;
SA is defs a footy State.
NSW and QLD aren't footy States. Easy to see why GWS have been given the world looking at those numbers.

Last edited:
Their existing members are upgrading their categories in a big way though. Their social Club is up 42% and the categories that give you automatic GF tix pretty much sold out. That's big extra $ that doesn't reflect on raw membership numbers.
I remember when we were flying,people were piling into the Social Club as that guaranteed you GF tics.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back