2017 St.Kilda Membership Thread (CLUB RECORD 42,094 - 01/08/17)

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, actually, we've all said we'd chip in for some, for the poor? We could get a few 3 gamers for the last of the home games? Help some people out, and help get the club to 42K?

Well, actually, we've all said we'd chip in for some, for the poor? We could get a few 3 gamers for the last of the home games? Help some people out, and help get the club to 42K?
The lady at the club that sorts that all out is on leave at the moment, so this idea may have to be put on hold until next season - I may see if we can include it into the membership registration process for 2018 so people can simply tick a box and have $10 or so go towards underprivileged Saints supporters. Club is very keen on being an inclusive and diverse place for people so I think it'd bode well.

The lady at the club that sorts that all out is on leave at the moment, so this idea may have to be put on hold until next season - I may see if we can include it into the membership registration process for 2018 so people can simply tick a box and have $10 or so go towards underprivileged Saints supporters. Club is very keen on being an inclusive and diverse place for people so I think it'd bode well.

That's a brilliant idea, it's an extension of what the Angels do.

The whole layout is weird. Having the Social Club on the other side of the ground to the majority of reserved seats..not to mention the "elite" Social Club for those who sit on Level 2, not doubt created to maximise how much they can charge for a L2 seat.

I also hate that our Social Club makes nothing from food or drink. Hope that changes with the new stadium deal.

When we first went to the Colonial Stadium in 2000, for the first few home games our Social Club was the Crest Room on level 2 behind the Lockett end goals which had a viewing area to the ground. The problem was our non level 2 reserved seat holders (including myself) were cheeky as and snuck down onto level 2 seats between breaks. Then they opened up the Victory Room as a social club for all clubs, which extended the full length of the room if needed. So when we were hitting the big wins from 2003, that place was shoulder to shoulder chokkas as everyone was allowed in (Social club free, just flash your medallion or card) and non social club was $5. Now now that they have split the social club into categories and they no longer promote the place, it doesn't have the same feel in there anymore. I would love the club to create that vibe again.

great idea.. $5 or $10 donated by members as part of membership deduction going towards an Saints fan in Need to allow them a chance to take a break and get to the footy would be a great idea.

When we first went to the Colonial Stadium in 2000, for the first few home games our Social Club was the Crest Room on level 2 behind the Lockett end goals which had a viewing area to the ground. The problem was our non level 2 reserved seat holders (including myself) were cheeky as and snuck down onto level 2 seats between breaks. Then they opened up the Victory Room as a social club for all clubs, which extended the full length of the room if needed. So when we were hitting the big wins from 2003, that place was shoulder to shoulder chokkas as everyone was allowed in (Social club free, just flash your medallion or card) and non social club was $5. Now now that they have split the social club into categories and they no longer promote the place, it doesn't have the same feel in there anymore. I would love the club to create that vibe again.

a consolidated Social Club would be a great idea.. Victory Room is good - however at times it is not packed.

Agreed on the membership thing
I'm basically doing it so we could maybe get some kids along to the footy because their parents are struggling a little and a saints membership would be a total luxury
I'll donate a couple days overtime to get a youth membership for someone

How the angels can get 15 grand raised is beyond me
Those old ducks are a godsend and they must bake and knit their butts off!!!

Agreed on the membership thing
I'm basically doing it so we could maybe get some kids along to the footy because their parents are struggling a little and a saints membership would be a total luxury
I'll donate a couple days overtime to get a youth membership for someone

How the angels can get 15 grand raised is beyond me
Those old ducks are a godsend and they must bake and knit their butts off!!!

They have very well attended high teas and other events in addition to membership fees and donations. They are awesome and an example to all groups.

Also must correct that membership tally closes end of this month. Last year memberships still were counted after July but the AFL rolled back the figures to the 1st of August.

So there's only a week left to get to 42,000!

Also must correct that membership tally closes end of this month. Last year memberships still were counted after July but the AFL rolled back the figures to the 1st of August.

So there's only a week left to get to 42,000!
What's the best one for a Sydney based supporter? I'm already going to the game tomorrow in the members, but would like to help the 42k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be a bit late trying to get the tickets tho
Interstaters usually get their free ticket a couple weeks before hand
I got the message during this week that it was the last chance to get port tickets

migbt be able to wangle a pick up at the gate??
In some cases if you sign up in time the club can give you your membership number on the phone and can advise you on how to get into the ground. But saying that, he would've had to had purchased one today.

Hi guys, Lisa got back to me this morning.

She's advised me that we should send the money directly to her and from there she'll distribute it accordingly - however the only problem now is that we have less than 3 home games remaining in the season so would be a waste to send it through now.

I'll keep you all updated but looks as though this may have to wait until next season (Or October when membership sales start again).

Twelve to go for the target. It might be my cynical nature, but to me there's something a bit fishy about the increase in the last month or so, can anyone explain how the club has got so many new memberships in such a short time after the much gentler increase from December until May?

Twelve to go for the target. It might be my cynical nature, but to me there's something a bit fishy about the increase in the last month or so, can anyone explain how the club has got so many new memberships in such a short time after the much gentler increase from December until May?
Maddies Match

Maddies match i think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back