List Mgmt. 2017 Starting 22 | + Trimming the "fat"

Remove this Banner Ad

And Clarke doesn't effect that? If Apeness is playing over Taberner because Apeness can ruck and Clarke and Sandilands are playing doesn't that nullify the reason why Apeness is playing instead of Taberner?

I cbf going back and looking through every team to see if Clarke and Sandi are in the team as well as Ape or Tabs. The question was why Ape is in front of Ape. It's because he has the added flexibility of being able to both play forward and ruck. Tabs can only do one. For that matter, so can Clarke if you want to bring him into it.

Is Clarke contracted to us for 3 years is he???

I cbf going back and looking through every team to see if Clarke and Sandi are in the team as well as Ape or Tabs. The question was why Ape is in front of Ape. It's because he has the added flexibility of being able to both play forward and ruck. Tabs can only do one. For that matter, so can Clarke if you want to bring him into it.

Is Clarke contracted to us for 3 years is he???
Sounds like he's about to sign a 3 year contract with us. I think Tabs will start off in the team because of fitness, which Apeness obviously has a chance to improve over the preseason.

Spurr Hamling MJ
Mundy APearce Weller
BHill Blakely SHill
Bennell Apeness Yarran
Walters McCarthy Kersten
Sandi Fyfe Neale

Ballantyne, Langdon, Sheridan, Tucker
Emg - Crozier, Ibbo, DPearce (25)

Suban, Tabs, Dawson, Collins, Clarke,
Balic, Hughes, Sutcliffe, Griffin

Defense - If Johnson is not fit then Dawson comes in and Hamling plays the looser tall. Crozier to push for a back 6 spot and if Ibbo is switched on he should be in the mix. Mundy or Hill to play down back at times to help Weller as the rebounder.

Midfield - Walters, Weller, Mundy, Bennell plus bench players to add to the mix. Sandi fitness crucial.

Forward - more Fyfe there, id even start him there some games as a tactic but don't think RTB shares my view. Yes we've recruited ok but it still lacks the A-grade marking target.

Spurr Hamling MJ
Mundy APearce Weller
BHill Blakely SHill
Bennell Apeness Yarran
Walters McCarthy Kersten
Sandi Fyfe Neale

Ballantyne, Langdon, Sheridan, Tucker
Emg - Crozier, Ibbo, DPearce (25)

Suban, Tabs, Dawson, Collins, Clarke,
Balic, Hughes, Sutcliffe, Griffin

Defense - If Johnson is not fit then Dawson comes in and Hamling plays the looser tall. Crozier to push for a back 6 spot and if Ibbo is switched on he should be in the mix. Mundy or Hill to play down back at times to help Weller as the rebounder.

Midfield - Walters, Weller, Mundy, Bennell plus bench players to add to the mix. Sandi fitness crucial.

Forward - more Fyfe there, id even start him there some games as a tactic but don't think RTB shares my view. Yes we've recruited ok but it still lacks the A-grade marking target.
Would play Collins now ahead of Dawson. Dawson is so one dimensional and the game has passed this kind of defender by. Collins needs more game to either sign another contract or build his value in the event he requests a trade back to VIC. I actually like the idea and flexibility A.Pearce, Hamling, MJ and Collins offer; can switch opponents and cover for each other so easily.

I also think Balic sees the bench more than Ballas next season to get some gametime he missed out on this year. (Un)fortunately for our older guys, they may be playing in Peel's back to back premiership team.

Many people have Barlow in their best 22 too. Can't see him myself.

I rank him 6th out of our midfield rotation. He's still better than all of the kids (at this stage), albeit with different traits. Can argue that he shouldn't be stopping their development by keeping them out, but there's still room to play all of them plus Barlow (e.g. the side I posted).

Plenty would disagree, but I don't think he overloads the side with too many inside players or average skill/speed. Offers more defensively than any other mid we have. Allows more flexibility with Fyfe and Mundy. Then there's leadership, experience, etc.

I don't think Barlow wants to be depth, and rightly so. He should be playing every week somewhere. If another club will give him that chance and we don't, I bet he will shine.

Would play Collins now ahead of Dawson. Dawson is so one dimensional and the game has passed this kind of defender by. Collins needs more game to either sign another contract or build his value in the event he requests a trade back to VIC. I actually like the idea and flexibility A.Pearce, Hamling, MJ and Collins offer; can switch opponents and cover for each other so easily.

I also think Balic sees the bench more than Ballas next season to get some gametime he missed out on this year. (Un)fortunately for our older guys, they may be playing in Peel's back to back premiership team.

Neither are in my 22 but I still think Zac can do his job more than Collins. That's partly why I have the extra help down back in Mundy & Weller IF Johnson isn't right.

We all now how the likes of Baliantyne ,Apness Ibbotson, Pearce,Taberner etc play so lets look at others.
My starting side would look something like this.
F. Weller McCarthy Yarran
Bennell Kersten Walters
B Hill Fyfe Langdon
Johnson A Pearce S Hill
Crozier Hamling Spur
Ruck. Sanderlands, Neale, Mundy
Interchange. Clarke, Blakely, Tucker, Sheridin

I think Ballas and Spur are still best 22 because they're the best in their role, which makes it tricky..

Spurr Hamling Collins
Mundy. Johnson. Weller
Hill. Neale. Hill
Yarran. Tabs. Walters
Ballas. McCarthy. Kersten
Ruck: Sandi Fyfe. Bennell

Inter: Blakely Crozier Langdon Apeness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Ballas and Spur are still best 22 because they're the best in their role, which makes it tricky..

Spurr Hamling Collins
Mundy. Johnson. Weller
Hill. Neale. Hill
Yarran. Tabs. Walters
Ballas. McCarthy. Kersten
Ruck: Sandi Fyfe. Bennell

Inter: Blakely Crozier Langdon Apeness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ballas the best in his role, since when?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll have another crack:

Spurr-Hamling-Johnno
Crozier-A Pearce-Ibbotson
B Hill-Fyfe-S Hill
Bennell-McCarthy-Yarran
Walters-Apeness-Kersten

Sandi-Mundy-Neale

Blakely-Weller-Tucker-Sheridan

I think that Ballantine, D Pearce, Suban and Dawson are no longer best 22 if we are serious about rebuilding but of course RoLy will ensure they are the first ones picked. Other points:

Apeness keeps out Tabs and Clarke as he can play as that KPF backup ruckman that is so popular these days.
Ibbotson in because we need to retain some experience down back.

F- Yarran -Kersten- Apeness
HF - Weller - McCarthy - Walters
C - B Hill - Fyfe - S Hill
HB - Mundy - Pearce - Langdon
B - Crozier - Hamling - Johnson

Ruck - Sandilands - Neale - Blakely
Interchange - Bennell, ibbotson, Tucker, Sheridan

From AFL.com.au
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-22/dockers-can-bounce-back-off-bumper-trades

Possible team round one 2017

B: Tommy Sheridan, Joel Hamling, Lee Spurr

HB: Garrick Ibbotson, Alex Pearce, Michael Johnson

C: Stephen Hill, Lachie Neale, Bradley Hill

HF: Michael Walters, Cam McCarthy, Harley Bennell

F: Shane Yarran, Michael Apeness, Hayden Ballantyne

R: Aaron Sandilands, Nat Fyfe, David Mundy

INT: Darcy Tucker, Connor Blakely, Ed Langdon, Lachie Weller

From AFL.com.au
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-22/dockers-can-bounce-back-off-bumper-trades

Possible team round one 2017

B: Tommy Sheridan, Joel Hamling, Lee Spurr

HB: Garrick Ibbotson, Alex Pearce, Michael Johnson

C: Stephen Hill, Lachie Neale, Bradley Hill

HF: Michael Walters, Cam McCarthy, Harley Bennell

F: Shane Yarran, Michael Apeness, Hayden Ballantyne

R: Aaron Sandilands, Nat Fyfe, David Mundy

INT: Darcy Tucker, Connor Blakely, Ed Langdon, Lachie Weller

It's a fairly strong team on paper, and no Danyle!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back