theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Pardon my intrusion guys i come in peace.

Mundy is doing well from what ive seen of him down at training sessions that ive been too. Ive got an afl fantasy related question. How likely are Balic and Strnadica to get early games? :)
Lets assume we are powering to #1 spot on the ladder by the end of season with a home final all sewn up. A couple of senior players need a freshen up. We have an away game against no-one in particular. Then maybe Strnadica gets a game, but more likely Logue, Kersten or Darcy. Balic I think could get a game if injuries/form demand it, but for now everyone is looking pretty healthy and he has no form, and reports don't have him as a stand out at training.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
What does Josh Deluca have to do to get into the 22 this year? What's his best bet?

Should he be trying to push Ballas out as a small forward?
He needs to show good form and fitness and take his chances if an injury or two come up. I don't think he has the skill per se to "push" someone like Ballantyne out. Ballantyne needs to lose his position with poor form or injury. Ballantyne needs a sharp start to the season in my opinion, especially if Bennell gets on the ground.

Freo Blood

All Australian
Sep 21, 2006
South
AFL Club
Fremantle
Pardon my intrusion guys i come in peace.

Mundy is doing well from what ive seen of him down at training sessions that ive been too. Ive got an afl fantasy related question. How likely are Balic and Strnadica to get early games? :)
I can't see any sarcasm (?) emoji so all I can say is you might be disappointed when Mundy your new experienced, hard bodied mid with excellent skills lines up for you in the first game.
;)

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
After reading everyone stating Suban isn't best 22 , being his buddy, i've decided to have a crack at how I think the starting line up will look round 1(based on current fitness of squad):

FB: Spurr - Collins - Sutcliffe
HB: Ibbo - Hamling - MJ (loose) - Weller
M: Hilly - Fyfe - Billy
HF: Sonny - Cam Mac - Tabs
FF: Ballas - Apeness
Foll: Sandi - Mundy - Neale
Int: Blakely - Suban - Sheridan - Croz

Preferred line up if everyone was fit:

FB: Spurr - A.Pearce - Ibbo
HB: Croz - Hamling - MJ (loose) - Weller
HF: Harley - Cam Mac - Tabs
FF: Sonny - Apeness
Int: Blakely - Suban - Sheridan - Langdon

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
After reading everyone stating Suban isn't best 22 , being his buddy, i've decided to have a crack at how I think the starting line up will look round 1(based on current fitness of squad):

FB: Spurr - Collins - Sutcliffe
HB: Ibbo - Hamling - MJ (loose) - Weller
HF: Sonny - Cam Mac - Tabs
FF: Ballas - Apeness
Int: Blakely - Suban - Sheridan - Croz

Preferred line up if everyone was fit:

FB: Spurr - A.Pearce - Ibbo
HB: Croz - Hamling - MJ (loose) - Weller
HF: Harley - Cam Mac - Tabs
FF: Sonny - Apeness
Int: Blakely - Suban - Sheridan - Langdon
So you're saying:
Suban > Tucker

I know you're his buddy so you have to push his cause...... but really? You want Suban to play games ahead of Tucker..... The kid who in 12 games has already eclipsed Suban's output.

Tell me the truth.;)

M_rash

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
So you're saying:
Suban > Tucker

I know you're his buddy so you have to push his cause...... but really? You want Suban to play games ahead of Tucker..... The kid who in 12 games has already eclipsed Suban's output.

Tell me the truth.;)
Could push up his free agency offers. Imagine Chris Mayne compo again, for Suban.

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
So you're saying:
Suban > Tucker

Tell me the truth.;)
As I said in the training thread, he's around the 20 - 25 best player with Tucker around the same bracket. In my mind, they're both playing for the same spot and i'll give Suban the benefit of the doubt being the more experienced player and that Tucker has to displace Suban from best 22. If Tucker tears it up at Peel and Suban still thinks he's a front rower for the Wallabies, i'll have no problems whatsoever. I don't think Tucker has shown more than Suban... yet...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
As I said in the training thread, he's around the 20 - 25 best player with Tucker around the same bracket. In my mind, they're both playing for the same spot and i'll give Suban the benefit of the doubt being the more experienced player and that Tucker has to displace Suban from best 22. If Tucker tears it up at Peel and Suban still thinks he's a front rower for the Wallabies, i'll have no problems whatsoever. I don't think Tucker has shown more than Suban... yet...
Totally agree , tucker show just a glimpse of what he can do, I think I said it before outside 18 players involve sutty ,sheriden,croz,d.Pearce,blakely, tucker ,Langdon . Apeness case is more about Ross preferences of forward/ruck role.

Rion

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle

I think it'll be the other way around. Tucker finished the season firmly entrenched in the side while Suban sat in the stands. Factor in natural improvement from the youngster and our need for speed/kicking skills over a blocker and I'd hope Suban is depth at best.

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think it'll be the other way around. Tucker finished the season firmly entrenched in the side while Suban sat in the stands. Factor in natural improvement from the youngster and our need for speed/kicking skills over a blocker and I'd hope Suban is depth at best.
If we're going on last season's form and having a preference for youth, then Mundy, Ibbo, Spurr, D.Pearce and Ballas (just to name a few) shouldn't be near the starting 22 and we should be starting Sheridan, Croz, Logue, Langdon and Ryan.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
If we're going on last season's form and having a preference for youth, then Mundy, Ibbo, Spurr, D.Pearce and Ballas (just to name a few) shouldn't be near the starting 22 and we should be starting Sheridan, Croz, Logue, Langdon and Ryan.

When the youth is better than the more experienced player the younger player should play. Tucker is better than Suban, pretty easy decision really. Mundy ,Spurr and Ballas are better than those pushing up at this stage ,they play . Ibbo is on the edge and Weller, Langdon B Hill have all passed Pearce IMO.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
When the youth is better than the more experienced player the younger player should play. Tucker is better than Suban, pretty easy decision really. Mundy ,Spurr and Ballas are better than those pushing up at this stage ,they play . Ibbo is on the edge and Weller, Langdon B Hill have all passed Pearce IMO.
I don't see tucker just compete with only suban , but sheriden ,d.Pearce ,Langdon,blakely also. All depend on whether the team need a flanker or winger or more inside mid in the interchange.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't see tucker just compete with only suban , but sheriden ,d.Pearce ,Langdon,blakely also. All depend on whether the team need a flanker or winger or more inside mid in the interchange.

The discussion was on Tucker and Suban, go back and read the posts. PS Those you mentioned will all play apart from Dan Pearce.;)

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
The discussion was on Tucker and Suban, go back and read the posts. PS Those you mentioned will all play apart from Dan Pearce.;)
The way I see it playing out, over a whole season you need as many possible players to put their hand up. Its more or
less your best 30-35 players, injuries, etc, the clubs that can cover loses the best usually make up the top eight.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Isn't it last year suban and tucker play together for freo and peel :p. There is every possibility that tucker and suban play together rather than one of them out.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
I would love to see Ross' reaction if you told him Mundy wasn't best 22 - he'd still be top 5, top 10 at worst (ie last year). I agree the rest are closer to fringe though but that's probably because our fringe is pretty wide given last year's performance.

I suspect all will have to prove themselves in every game they play this year or get dropped quickly as the youth has caught up to them now. I don't think Ross will hesitate dropping them to Peel if they don't step up and I think that's a good place for the team to be in - heavy competition for those 15-22 spots.

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
My team to take on the weagles in Geraldton next week.

Ryan Dawson Logue

Crozier Collins Weller

B Hill Blakey S Hill

Langdon Tabs Walters

McCarthy Apeness Ballaz

Ruck Darcy Fyfe Hughes I/C Tucker Sherro Mundy Hughes

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

I'm sorry mate but that's just having a laugh. Spurr and Mundy would be both be in the first ten names on the team sheet, are in the leadership and were both even talked about as potential captains a week ago before Fyfe replaced Mundy. Mundy is an AA player from 18 months ago and Spurr is amongst the best small lockdown defenders in the league. They offer way way more than the second group do with only Sheridan showing any sort of consistency. Ibbo and Ballantyne have been amongst the best of their position in the AFL. Still offer more than the kids IMO although some may disagree. D.Pearce probably the only one most would agree with you on.

Absolutely ridiculous post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back