List Mgmt. 2017 Starting 22 | + Trimming the "fat"

Remove this Banner Ad

The discussion was on Tucker and Suban, go back and read the posts. PS Those you mentioned will all play apart from Dan Pearce.;)
Go and re-read my previous post. I said Suban was probably in the 20-25 mark with Tucker, Langdon, Sheriden, D. Pearce all fighting for two spots ;)

I'm sorry mate but that's just having a laugh. Spurr and Mundy would be both be in the first ten names on the team sheet, are in the leadership and were both even talked about as potential captains a week ago before Fyfe replaced Mundy. Mundy is an AA player from 18 months ago and Spurr is amongst the best small lockdown defenders in the league. They offer way way more than the second group do with only Sheridan showing any sort of consistency. Ibbo and Ballantyne have been amongst the best of their position in the AFL. Still offer more than the kids IMO although some may disagree. D.Pearce probably the only one most would agree with you on.

Absolutely ridiculous post.
FFS read my post and I said 'based on last season and having a preference for youth.' If you look at my preferred and starting 22 I proposed, both make the best 22 easily.

I'm sorry mate but that's just having a laugh. Spurr and Mundy would be both be in the first ten names on the team sheet, are in the leadership and were both even talked about as potential captains a week ago before Fyfe replaced Mundy. Mundy is an AA player from 18 months ago and Spurr is amongst the best small lockdown defenders in the league. They offer way way more than the second group do with only Sheridan showing any sort of consistency. Ibbo and Ballantyne have been amongst the best of their position in the AFL. Still offer more than the kids IMO although some may disagree. D.Pearce probably the only one most would agree with you on.

Absolutely ridiculous post.
He mention JLT , which is reasonable hawthorn rest hodge in first game of JLT.

Go and re-read my previous post. I said Suban was probably in the 20-25 mark with Tucker, Langdon, Sheriden, D. Pearce all fighting for two spots ;)

FFS read my post and I said 'based on last season and having a preference for youth.' If you look at my preferred and starting 22 I proposed, both make the best 22 easily.

Doesn't make it any less ridiculous especially on those two.

I don't see tucker just compete with only suban , but sheriden ,d.Pearce ,Langdon,blakely also. All depend on whether the team need a flanker or winger or more inside mid in the interchange.
Yes.

Plus, I think Suban has been playing a specific role, which he is transitioning out of. He will be given a chance to show if he can perform in the new role in my opinion. At least I hope that is what is happening.

My team to take on the weagles in Geraldton next week.

Ryan Dawson Logue

Crozier Collins Weller

B Hill Blakey S Hill

Langdon Tabs Walters

McCarthy Apeness Ballaz

Ruck Darcy Fyfe Hughes I/C Tucker Sherro Mundy Hughes

I think Griffin will play in the ruck. Wouldnt mind Cox getting a game though and think Kersten needs to get games in too. Perhaps for one of the two Hughes' in the the team and Dawson with Cox playing in defence.

I think Griffin will play in the ruck. Wouldnt mind Cox getting a game though and think Kersten needs to get games in too. Perhaps for one of the two Hughes' in the the team and Dawson with Cox playing in defence.
I did notice the mistake afterwards, so yeah add Cox, Nyhuis, what is pretty obvious is that even though
I tried to rest some experienced players, there are so many players to choose from.

I can see Hayden Crozier being a future all-australian half back flanker one day for Fremantle. He's got elite kicking skills by foot and for a player who's lightly built he's an excellent contested mark.

Ethan Hughes I reckon will have a breakout season. He showed some good signs late last year and will become a solid defender.

Fremantle's forward-line with the additions of McCarthy and Kersten should improve considerably.

Taberner is the kind of player you can build your forward-line around and Walters is an elite small forward already. If it all goes well Fremantle will have a dangerous forward-line in 2017.

Fremantle's forward-line with the additions of McCarthy and Kersten should improve considerably.

Taberner is the kind of player you can build your forward-line around and Walters is an elite small forward already. If it all goes well Fremantle will have a dangerous forward-line in 2017.

Our ultimately upgrade to our forward line isn't actually the forwards, it's our delivery to them which has been atrocious for years. Brad Hill or his like have been sorely needed by Freo, thanks to the Hawks for graciously letting him go.

There are a few fixes in place for better quality forward entry, starting from the backline (e.g. better distributors with our move of Crozier and Weller) and a few fleet footed young midfielders who are pushing their way into the team from this year. The phasing out of Dawson will happen sooner or later, whilst he is great at shutting down gorilla sized forwards, his game is one sided and he doesn't offer anything offesnsively - his being replaced helps us move the ball forward better. That and presumably any changes that coaching brings, e.g. Hale and Guerra etc will hopefully start to pay off this year.

I can see Hayden Crozier being a future all-australian half back flanker one day for Fremantle. He's got elite kicking skills by foot and for a player who's lightly built he's an excellent contested mark.

Ethan Hughes I reckon will have a breakout season. He showed some good signs late last year and will become a solid defender.

We will trade you for Gunston then?

Lets assume we are powering to #1 spot on the ladder by the end of season with a home final all sewn up. A couple of senior players need a freshen up. We have an away game against no-one in particular. Then maybe Strnadica gets a game, but more likely Logue, Kersten or Darcy. Balic I think could get a game if injuries/form demand it, but for now everyone is looking pretty healthy and he has no form, and reports don't have him as a stand out at training.
You need to consider that Strnadica is a Rookie listed player who I understand played mostly Colts footy last year whereas Balic bar his old Wrist Injury which is now 100% fixed would have been a top 15 Draft pick and is on the Main list in his second year with us and played for Peel in their Grand Final win.

You need to consider that Strnadica is a Rookie listed player who I understand played mostly Colts footy last year whereas Balic bar his old Wrist Injury which is now 100% fixed would have been a top 15 Draft pick and is on the Main list in his second year with us and played for Peel in their Grand Final win.
Was there something I said that made you think I didn't understand that? Muller got a game as a rooki in a similar situation and Balic is not even close to the 22 for now.

Was there something I said that made you think I didn't understand that? Muller got a game as a rooki in a similar situation and Balic is not even close to the 22 for now.
Well why would you elevate a rookie in that situation when there are guys like Cox who can play forward. Moller played against Port for 1 game due to wholesale changes to rest players before finals abd now the rules have changed in that regard.

Well why would you elevate a rookie in that situation when there are guys like Cox who can play forward. Moller played against Port for 1 game due to wholesale changes to rest players before finals abd now the rules have changed in that regard.

Are you a bit cranky today/yesterday?

The guy asked about Strnadica, so I replied about him. If he is showing form he may be given a taste, just as Moller was. But as I say in my reply, that is unlikely because we have others who are ahead of him....... You say "guys like Cox". I said "Then maybe Strnadica gets a game, but more likely Logue, Kersten or Darcy."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wondering what you mob think of Hagdorn's 22

Fremantle's possible Round 1 "starting" line-up.

Backs: Garrick Ibbotson, Joel Hamling, Lee Spurr.

Half-Backs: Cam Sutcliffe, Michael Johnson, Tom Sheridan.

Centres: Stephen Hill, Nat Fyfe, Brad Hill.

Half-Forwards: Lachie Weller, Shane Kersten, Ed Langdon.

Forwards: Michael Walters, Cam McCarthy, Hayden Ballantyne.

Followers: Aaron Sandilands, David Mundy, Lachie Neale.

Interchange from Jon Griffin, Griffin Logue, Matt Taberner, Connor Blakely, Danyle Pearce, Nick Suban and Darcy Tucker.

Looks pretty strong in the middle and dynamic up forward, but I wonder how well that team would rebound off half back (which for mine was our biggest problem last year). I'm hoping Mundy spends some time in the floating defender/ distributor role this year, but I reckon we really need one or two blokes to step up this year into that role.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/frema...-likely-round-one-lineup-20170216-guefgr.html

Interchange from Jon Griffin, Griffin Logue, Matt Taberner, Connor Blakely, Danyle Pearce, Nick Suban and Darcy Tucker.

Looks pretty strong in the middle and dynamic up forward, but I wonder how well that team would rebound off half back (which for mine was our biggest problem last year). I'm hoping Mundy spends some time in the floating defender/ distributor role this year, but I reckon we really need one or two blokes to step up this year into that role.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/frema...-likely-round-one-lineup-20170216-guefgr.html

So after an entire preseason training off the HBF we get Weller to the HFF line. Brilliant.... keeps them guessing.

Not enamoured with it but I think it'll be close to what will eventuate for Rd 1.

Defence is a touch short, so too the forward line so we'd need either Collins or Dawson on the bench with either Griff or Ape.

I just don't think they will be the two half back flanks this year. Am going for Crozier, Weller, or even Mundy before Sutcliffe and Sheridan.

He has, though, gone out on a bit of a limb and named Langdon as a starter in the team. I reckon Tucker, Langdon blakely and logue will play more games for Freo than Peel this year. Maybe at the expense of guys like Suban, D Pearce and even Ballas.

We had already
Yep, don't think Sherro has done much work with the backline at all this preseason. I've mostly seen him working with the midfield group.
Any footy fan worth his salt would know that move already happened about a month before the end of last ******* year. Ditto Sutty. Weller and Crozier are likely to start
as our HB's this year in our effort to improve our lack of run and skill from defence. its actually mind blowing how incompetent this man is

Hagdorn has still got NFI.
I would be prepared to bet $1000.00 that Fremantle will look nothing like that line up.
I reckon he might be close on only two lines there; Centreline and Followers.

But is kind of good he gave the wrong information to the public , especially team line up .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back