Competitions 2017 Supercoach / Dream Team etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone with Paddy Dangerfield as skip in AF? With 105 at half-time you'd be doing pretty well. Although his last 3 AF scores have been 88, 119 and 76 so I wouldn't expect too many people to put much faith in him as skip.
So I drop Danger as captain this week, and he goes from crap to beast mode!!!

Great!!

Hey guys.

What's the situation with Gray? Is he injured, out of form, on the decline or are Chad's midfield minutes impacting on his scoring?

His price is tempting and is about to get even lower, but I'm a little bit concerned with his two scores in the thirties. He used to pull one of those crappy scores out every eight or ten weeks, but it's been a few years since those days.

Hey guys.
What's the situation with Gray? Is he injured, out of form, on the decline or are Chad's midfield minutes impacting on his scoring?
His price is tempting and is about to get even lower, but I'm a little bit concerned with his two scores in the thirties. He used to pull one of those crappy scores out every eight or ten weeks, but it's been a few years since those days.

Don't ask the club but there is a definite injury there. Against May of GCS he had little chance of getting the ball with our entry but against Sheppard of West Coast he should have won most of the one-on-ones.

Hey guys, eyeing off Polec as a resonably priced option with a nice break even
Any thoughts?
I haven't played SC but from a AF/RDT point of view I couldn't recommend him. Expect 85ish average for the rest of the year, his role has never changed in our side. Will get a couple of weeks of decent price rises. You should be looking to go to a true mid premium or otherwise do a double downgrade.

Edit: generic statement I know, but it works.

Curtly Hampton out for 3 weeks injured ... still have him in SC, so he is gone. Injuries starting to mount up now as players tire before the byes. I am basically OK for the bye rounds except in SC ... I am in trouble on week three, with most of my premiums not playing that week!

Hi all,

Dan Houston started the year really well, but obviously missed the China game.

How likely do you think he is to find his way back in the senior side?

Lost his spot partly due to form but mostly due to an overload of small defenders (Hartlett, Pittard, Byrne-Jones, Broadbent). Probably needs an injury or for a guy like Byrne-Jones to have a massive form slump to get back in the team.

Hi all,

Dan Houston started the year really well, but obviously missed the China game.

How likely do you think he is to find his way back in the senior side?
Needs an injury or another defender to lose form. He played real well, but too many defenders so he was dropped for team balance. He is a player though, and will get back in at some point you imagine ... but at this point he is in the 2's biding his time.

Edit ... TeeKray beat me to it ... echo!

I have a question, sorry if it has been answered but in RDT I really like the look of Pittard to finish my defense. The worry I have with him is his on-field minutes this season. He is only averaging 99.6 minutes per match well down from last year and compared to other players. He has good points per minute, but the lack of minutes is a worry compared to other upgrade targets like 2E for example.

So the question that I have is, is there a reason that Pittards time is down? ie. Coming back from injury he is being eased in, He missed a chunk of pre-season so doesn't have the fitness base, More players rotating through his position so he is on the pine more from a tactical standpoint,etc.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a question, sorry if it has been answered but in RDT I really like the look of Pittard to finish my defense. The worry I have with him is his on-field minutes this season. He is only averaging 99.6 minutes per match well down from last year and compared to other players. He has good points per minute, but the lack of minutes is a worry compared to other upgrade targets like 2E for example.

So the question that I have is, is there a reason that Pittards time is down? ie. Coming back from injury he is being eased in, He missed a chunk of pre-season so doesn't have the fitness base, More players rotating through his position so he is on the pine more from a tactical standpoint,etc.....

We've been playing a lot of defenders. Pittard, Houston, Hartlett, DBJ, Broadbent, along with Jonas, Clurey and Hombsch as talls, have all played the majority of the year, quite often all at the same time.

Ken specifically said that the reason Houston fell out of the side was because we had too many defenders. If you can track down TOG stats for individual games, I'd have a look at his TOG last week without Houston and in the Carlton game where Hartlett was a late withdrawal and compare them to his TOG in games where we've played the extra defender. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a noticeable difference. And if there is, I would take the games where we haven't played the extra defender as a better indicator of likely future TOG than games where we have played the extra defender, because to be honest I wouldn't expect to see Houston back in a hurry.

For the record I like the pick. I'd have brought him in this week myself if not for Nic Newman making himself untradeable at D6.

We've been playing a lot of defenders. Pittard, Houston, Hartlett, DBJ, Broadbent, along with Jonas, Clurey and Hombsch as talls, have all played the majority of the year, quite often all at the same time.

Ken specifically said that the reason Houston fell out of the side was because we had too many defenders. If you can track down TOG stats for individual games, I'd have a look at his TOG last week without Houston and in the Carlton game where Hartlett was a late withdrawal and compare them to his TOG in games where we've played the extra defender. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a noticeable difference. And if there is, I would take the games where we haven't played the extra defender as a better indicator of likely future TOG than games where we have played the extra defender, because to be honest I wouldn't expect to see Houston back in a hurry.

For the record I like the pick. I'd have brought him in this week myself if not for Nic Newman making himself untradeable at D6.

Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 14.50.54.png

You can see from the image, his TOG has been fairly good except for the Brisbane and West Coast games. Though, compared to his time on the ground last year where half his games were 110+ (and even had a couple over 120) they are still low numbers (He only had to sub 100 games the whole of last year). Especially when compared to other players. It is quite funny that his lowest TOG this season did produce his highest score.

I mean looking at those numbers, and his PPM, he has the capability to get that average 100+ which is ideally what I want.

He is for my D5, Newman is D6. To finish my team, I ideally need someone around his price point 2E/Harbrow/Pittard and I really like Pittard as a player and a really good POD.

I would say that backs up my point. We didn't have Hombsch against GWS (107 mins), we didn't have Hombsch or Hartlett against Carlton (107 mins), we didn't have Houston against GC (101 mins). The two games where we played 8 defenders his TOG is around 90. So he's definitely played more when we've had a 6 or 7 man defence as opposed to an 8 man defence. It looks like we'll be going with a 7 man defence going forward, so I'd expect his mins per game to stay above 100+ from now on.

I would say that backs up my point. We didn't have Hombsch against GWS (107 mins), we didn't have Hombsch or Hartlett against Carlton (107 mins), we didn't have Houston against GC (101 mins). The two games where we played 8 defenders his TOG is around 90. So he's definitely played more when we've had a 6 or 7 man defence as opposed to an 8 man defence. It looks like we'll be going with a 7 man defence going forward, so I'd expect his mins per game to stay above 100+ from now on.

That is good to hear. Cheers for the information.

hey guys, just wanting some confirmation that eddy has done his dash- been kicking goals for fun in the sanfl but not even listed as an emergency this week?

hey guys, just wanting some confirmation that eddy has done his dash- been kicking goals for fun in the sanfl but not even listed as an emergency this week?
Possibly later on in the year, and maybe as a backup only. Ken doesnt look like putting another tall in ... likes the mosquito squad!

I haven't played SC but from a AF/RDT point of view I couldn't recommend him. Expect 85ish average for the rest of the year, his role has never changed in our side. Will get a couple of weeks of decent price rises. You should be looking to go to a true mid premium or otherwise do a double downgrade.

Edit: generic statement I know, but it works.
:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back