2017 SuperCoach/DT/fantasy thread. Questions here! aka Rocky was tagging tonight, role may continue

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, how has Tom Cutler been as a defender, both last year and in this pre-season ? Heard quite a few people rate him but not sure how well he scores and if he's worth slotting in as a mid-priced defender.

Cheers
Hard to tell. One or two injuries down back and he'll be forced to play a lockdown role like most games last year.

Hey guys, how has Tom Cutler been as a defender, both last year and in this pre-season ? Heard quite a few people rate him but not sure how well he scores and if he's worth slotting in as a mid-priced defender.

Cheers

Like him as a player. Don't think he's imminently going to turn into a consistent premium from fantasy perspective, or to gain much fantasy value this year, so I don't think he's terribly relevant from a salary-cap perspective. Down the back end of a draft competition, sure, fill your boots.

Probably been asked alot, but why the hell hasnt Barrett been upgraded yet? the deadline for rookie upgrades is less than 2 hours away!

Probably been asked alot, but why the hell hasnt Barrett been upgraded yet? the deadline for rookie upgrades is less than 2 hours away!
The vast majority of Lions fans are wondering the same thing given he played every pre-season game. We don't technically have a free list spot so it would have to be at the expense of a player, with Skinner being the obvious candidate for the LT injury list

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if Barrett isn't upgraded, it's because he's not best 22.

The vast majority of Lions fans are wondering the same thing given he played every pre-season game. We don't technically have a free list spot so it would have to be at the expense of a player, with Skinner being the obvious candidate for the LT injury list
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if Barrett isn't upgraded, it's because he's not best 22.

The Brisbane Lions have submitted paperwork to the AFL to upgrade rookie Jake Barrett to its senior list ahead of Saturday’s round one clash against the Gold Coast SUNS at Metricon Stadium.

Barrett has been elevated as a replacement for injured second-year player Sam Skinner and is now in contention to face the SUNS.

Drafted to the GIANTS in 2013, Barrett is a tough midfielder with great work-rate and endurance.

Despite only playing one senior match in his career, he was crucial in GWS’ NEAFL victory over the Swans in September. He gathered 32 possessions and kicked two goals.

At season’s end, Barrett was given an AFL lifeline, drafted by the Lions as a free agent after being delisted by the Giants.

“Jake thoroughly deserves his elevation to the senior list,” said Senior Coach Chris Fagan.

"At every point in the preseason he has shown that he is committed to playing senior football, so I am really pleased that he now has a chance to prove himself."

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2017-03-23/barrett-upgraded-to-senior-list

How many games do you think Barrett will get and how will he score?

I think he'll keep his spot on his own merits if he's playing alright. While we have a couple of injuries Barrett was on the cards to play regardless - he seemed to be ahead of Mathieson, for example. However I don't know that he's going to be a high scorer. Probably a 50-60 point average, tops.

Very unlikely

I think Taylor will have a better year. He is one that i think will improve over Fagan. However, i saying that i dont think he will score enough to be fantasy relevant, especially in SC.

Every year I think is the year Lewis Taylor is going to explode on DT.

Am I deluded in seeing anything in him? Is he actually going anywhere as a player?

Apologies for the ignorance; I am not actually a Brisbane supporter.

Every year I think is the year Lewis Taylor is going to explode on DT.

Am I deluded in seeing anything in him? Is he actually going anywhere as a player?

Apologies for the ignorance; I am not actually a Brisbane supporter.
To be honest I'm not sure what you see in him that makes you think he will explode fantasy wise...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you have to lock something in before final teams at 5 pm?

I should be able to get on before the lockout, but not 100%.

Thinking that I hold GHS and trade one of Barrett or Pickett to WHE. Pickett is also on the extended bench and has lower scoring potential, so I would prefer to trade him over Barrett.

I should be able to get on before the lockout, but not 100%.

Thinking that I hold GHS and trade one of Barrett or Pickett to WHE. Pickett is also on the extended bench and has lower scoring potential, so I would prefer to trade him over Barrett.

It's plausible that Barrett might be out, but not certain.

Hey guys, looking at Stef Martin as a Gawn replacement in DT and SC.

Do you think Fagan will play Archie Smith at some stage in the season (thus killing Stef's fantasy production) or do you think after his strong start to the season as the solo ruck that Archie will just be left to develop in the NEAFL and only come in if Stef gets injured?

Cheers.

Hey guys, looking at Stef Martin as a Gawn replacement in DT and SC.

Do you think Fagan will play Archie Smith at some stage in the season (thus killing Stef's fantasy production) or do you think after his strong start to the season as the solo ruck that Archie will just be left to develop in the NEAFL and only come in if Stef gets injured?

Cheers.

The latter.

To be honest I'm not sure what you see in him that makes you think he will explode fantasy wise...

Ever since he got Rising Star ahead of Bont I've been keeping an eye on him. He always teases with the unexpected 90 here and there.

Is Bastinac a chance to get a game soon? Was he dropped for performance issues and do you see him as best 22 if up and firing?
Was first emergency last game and was a standout for the Reserves in the half he played. His best is good enough to play every week but he hasn't produced that consistently while he's been up here.

Hey Fellas,

why is barret out?
I haven't watched many Brissy games yet. Berry looks to be building, hows his JS? Seems as though any any of those blokes could be in out based on a fart at training.

Give the duckers hell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back