2017 Supercoach questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey, what average would you guys expect from Turner?

I'm assuming his JS is very good.

However I've always thought that he's a forward pocket player but now he seems to be playing more up the field and getting clearances. Can we expect this to continue during the regular season?

Hey, what average would you guys expect from Turner?

I'm assuming his JS is very good.

However I've always thought that he's a forward pocket player but now he seems to be playing more up the field and getting clearances. Can we expect this to continue during the regular season?
At this point it looks like he should score well enough for long enough to be worth the $170K starting price, especially with how the rookies look this year. He was never really a full time FP but despite his kamikaze style and impressive collection of solid hits didn't have the frame to spend much time in the middle. Is definitely bigger now in his 4th year. Reasonable to expect to see him up the ground a fair bit and should have tackle numbers and scoreboard impact to keep his SC scores ticking over. 70-75 average isn't beyond him.

There is a crowd of players in the small/general forward group jostling for spots, and he could be one that makes way if someone else is kicking the door down. Simpkin, Wagner, Hrovat, Thomas, Garner, Anderson and maybe Mountford all in the mix at some point. Plus Higgins and Dumont as mids rotating through.

Hi all. Was just enquiring about Goldy. Really want to start him in the ruck but am worried he isn't fully 100% match fit and maybe still
carrying some type of injury. Also the Preuss factor weighs against him also. Is he ready to rock come R1? Is there any doubts on his scoring capacity from the get go? Prefer his price over Gawn's. Sorry for the intrusion, would appreciate any adivce. Thanks.

Hi all. Was just enquiring about Goldy. Really want to start him in the ruck but am worried he isn't fully 100% match fit and maybe still
carrying some type of injury. Also the Preuss factor weighs against him also. Is he ready to rock come R1? Is there any doubts on his scoring capacity from the get go? Prefer his price over Gawn's. Sorry for the intrusion, would appreciate any adivce. Thanks.

I've had Goldy at R1 from the start. I think he'll return to his dominant pre-injury form. He seems to be over his injuries, and just took it steadily in the JLT games.

I don't think there will be any Preuss factor as such.

That makes sense I guess. Each to their own...

Personally, even though I watch a lot of football I doubt I'd watch enough to be good at this across all teams. It would be good to see some sort of supercoach style game that can reward someone's knowledge of their own team more. ie. If you're an expert on Geelong and can predict who will be the best performers or not in any given week you can beat other supporters. I'm probably one of many who would rate their knowledge of our list while happily admitting that this varies substantially when looking at other teams. I'd struggle to name 10 players for GWS for example, or even Brisbane nowadays...

Oh that game...you should really head to www.bet365.com as that is where it is played.

H2H possessions
Most goals
Most supercoach points

Knock yourself out.

Looks like EVW and Williams are going to play, does that mean Macmillan is free now? Has some scoring potential, seemingly as long as he isn't too defensive...how does he fit into the team?

Please anyone can you re-assure me that Goldy is 100% ready to roll, no inuries and should be up and running from R1? Without any bias, is there any doubt that Goldy can return to his lofty standards?

Looks like EVW and Williams are going to play, does that mean Macmillan is free now? Has some scoring potential, seemingly as long as he isn't too defensive...how does he fit into the team?
That's my thinking. McDonald and Williams lock down on small/medium players and JMac does the bulk of rebounding and also spends some time on the wing. In my SC team off the back of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please anyone can you re-assure me that Goldy is 100% ready to roll, no inuries and should be up and running from R1? Without any bias, is there any doubt that Goldy can return to his lofty standards?

From all reports he's back to full fitness so yeah, I'd expect him to return to something closer to his best form than that he displayed while playing injured in the second half of 2016. He'll need some match fitness though.

From all reports he's back to full fitness so yeah, I'd expect him to return to something closer to his best form than that he displayed while playing injured in the second half of 2016. He'll need some match fitness though.

Cheers Twinkle, much appreciated. Think i'm gonna have to lock Goldy in.
P.S. What are the chances Pruess get's named this week or the coming weeks and do you think it will affect Goldy's scores enough to maybe pass on him?

Thanks again.

Cheers Twinkle, much appreciated. Think i'm gonna have to lock Goldy in.
P.S. What are the chances Pruess get's named this week or the coming weeks and do you think it will affect Goldy's scores enough to maybe pass on him?

Thanks again.

Preuss being selected would indicate a major shift in ruck selection policy with Goldy preferring to ruck all day, but the young bloke's JLT form has him in the conversation as a possible selection, no doubt at all. I suspect they'll select Daw instead but we'll know later today. Goldy's an accumulator who's capable of dominating around the ground so if there's any change to his scores I suspect it will be minimal.

Preuss being selected would indicate a major shift in ruck selection policy with Goldy preferring to ruck all day, but the young bloke's JLT form has him in the conversation as a possible selection, no doubt at all. I suspect they'll select Daw instead but we'll know later today. Goldy's an accumulator who's capable of dominating around the ground so if there's any change to his scores I suspect it will be minimal.

Cheers twinkle.

I've had Higgins in my team all preseason as I think he'll score a fair way above his average, but am now weighing up trading him out for Roughead.

Do you guys think he's fully fit? Likely to play most games? Is he likely to be a better selection that Roughead noting that he's $50K more expensive? Will Wells' departure open it up for him to increase his role and move into the super premo category, or does it make him more likely to be tagged?

Thanks in advance. Feel free to fire any Pies questions at me.

Boris

I've had Higgins in my team all preseason as I think he'll score a fair way above his average, but am now weighing up trading him out for Roughead.

Do you guys think he's fully fit? Likely to play most games? Is he likely to be a better selection that Roughead noting that he's $50K more expensive? Will Wells' departure open it up for him to increase his role and move into the super premo category, or does it make him more likely to be tagged?

Boris
He is fit as hell Boris. He has an injury history, but the one that kept him at bay last year was an impact injury, not related to previous issues with his body.
He has to step up more than anyone to fill the experience/skill gap left with Boomer Dal Santo and Wells going, and from the pre season I would say he is well and truly ready to do it.

What's Mountford's job security like? If he's only going to play the first 3-4 games I'll be satisfied.

Bit iffy, IMO. Cunnington comes back for round 2, so Mountford might just be warming that spot (and was perhaps picked this week specifically to tag Mitchell).

Bit iffy, IMO. Cunnington comes back for round 2, so Mountford might just be warming that spot (and was perhaps picked this week specifically to tag Mitchell).
Hm okay. I'll see what other rookies will play this weekend. What's Williams or Hrovat's price? (As I assume they'll be more consistent 22)

Boris

I've had Higgins in my team for weeks, too. Expecting big things and hoping I haven't put the moz on him.

How's Josh Thomas tracking?

Hm okay. I'll see what other rookies will play this weekend. What's Williams or Hrovat's price? (As I assume they'll be more consistent 22)

You're not seriously asking one of us to go to the Supercoach site, look up the prices of two players and come back here to report them to you, surely?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back