MVP 2017 Syd Barker Medalist - Shaun Higgins

Remove this Banner Ad

Higgins had a good season, great to see him get the reward for it. Brown top 3 is great also, as is McDonald top 5, Garner top 10, and Turner and Williams missing out on top 10 through injury only.

Votes per game would (just) have given it to Cunnington over Higgins:
Ben Cunnington - 10.550
Shaun Higgins - 10.476 [220 votes once worst game added, up from 217]
Ben Brown - 9.500
Robbie Tarrant - 9.273
Marley Williams - 8.923
Luke McDonald - 8.727
Jack Ziebell - 8.474
Kayne Turner - 8.200
Sam Gibson - 7.634 [162 votes once worst two games added, up from 161]
Taylor Garner - 7.444

Not sure how much stock to set by votes-per-game though, given Mountford (2.0) finishes below Daw (2.29) and Thomas (2.33), and Anderson (4.40) is only marginally behind Hrovat (4.41), both of which seem a little odd. Would've placed Jarrad Waite 11th (with 7.1), for what that's worth...

EDIT: Don't think it affects any of these stats directly, but there's definitely some information missing from the vote count - Mountford is on 13 votes on the post-R15 leaderboard but is only listing as having received 2 votes in R14 (presumably he got 11 votes in R15? Had a good game that week, IIRC... but not listed on the vote-getters) - so any of the above could be slightly unreliable...

Last edited:
Lachie is hammered.

Can confirm, Lachie was in good form when we rocked up at 7pm. Continued his good form throughout the evening. Necked a full Boags before giving his first speech just offstage.

Spoke to Ben Brown (who by the way is wearing a pin supporting same sex marriage - what a ******* champion) and I'm paraphrasing, but he said he's not going anywhere. North is home. Loves this club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can confirm, Lachie was in good form when we rocked up at 7pm. Continued his good form throughout the evening. Necked a full Boags before giving his first speech just offstage.
I like this. Champion, will be missed.

Spoke to Ben Brown (who by the way is wearing a pin supporting same sex marriage - what a ******* champion) and I'm paraphrasing, but he said he's not going anywhere. North is home. Loves this club.
love the bloke.

2 votes more than Jed Anderson ffs :drunk: What's he not doing right? Impresses me everytime I watch him
The club would rate him highly. Its why they're developing him in various roles. He has the full scope and they would see the same thing we do.

Difference is Jed barely got a game and Mountford did in the latter half....and will. Jed will mostly be in the 2s for most of next year unless he dramatically improves.

Very surprised on his vote tally though.

Rapt to see Garns get a top 10 finish, great reward for his body giving him an extended crack this year.
And he would be further along in development if he wasn't injury plagued. We got a glimpse of what is ahead of us :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back