2017 Trade and FA thread

Crawb

Norm Smith Medallist
SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think the idea is we don't want picks around where Ballenden is going to get bids.

Hypothetically we use Pick 18 on Cameron. Then get say Pick 15 for Schache (for examples sake). We then trade 15+19 for a top 10 pick and a pick in the late 30s. That way we have we have three top 12 picks and two later picks that will add up to enough for us to land Ballenden when he's bid at in the late teens. That way we still land four Top 20 prospects - we just improve the quality of them.

This concerns me in regards to the Cameron trade on two fronts. 1, the talk of pick 12 might actually be a reality and 2. We might be using our second rounder from next year. 12 is way overs and also want to use our second rounder next year. We have two picks 18+19 and one of them should surely be enough. If we were really trying to move up the draft order it would be 12 and one of those. Understand it's along way to go and feel that next week is when we will really see things move.
It might not be 12 but the pick/picks we get for Schache that will be in play. Reading between the lines both Cameron and Schache will be resolved next week, and probably later than earlier.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Noble on RSN this morning.
. "When he re-signed his training went through the roof, but then by the end of the year he was buggered."

I wonder if Josh has an underlining problem health wise that hasn't been picked up. Would love to see him have some blood tests, he could be lacking something that gives him energy, be anemic (iron levels) etc...quite a few things can lead to lack of energy, stamina...and that in turn could lead to depression, general feeling down and miserable.

..just a thought.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I wonder if Josh has an underlining problem health wise that hasn't been picked up. Would love to see him have some blood tests, he could be lacking something that gives him energy, be anemic (iron levels) etc...quite a few things can lead to lack of energy, stamina...and that in turn could lead to depression, general feeling down and miserable.

..just a thought.
Agree, although I would say 100% that our club would have been all over that sort of thing already.

If we were to package up 18 and 19 for a top ten pick, Freo is the obvious target. Pick 5 is near enough the same points and they will need something like a late first rounder to pick up Wilson with perhaps something coming back. Their next best pick is 41.

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

..just a thought.

Just a heavy physical workload in general can do this. When your cardio is constantly in overdrive through training and running etc, it can have really adverse impacts on some people. Can lead to Adrenal fatigue and depression. Whilst most athletes thrive on workload, there are some people who simply can't or dont react well to the rigors. He may be in that boat.

The conversation was more hypothetical. Noble said having two picks closer together, for instance 18+19, gives you the ability to move up the order. He said Richmond is in a similar position with their picks.
Gold Coast will also be in for an upgrade. They currently have 2, 20, 23, 25, 36 and 38 with more to come for Matera and Saad. That's a shi*load of picks. I'd imagine they'd have lots of clubs coming to them for pick exchanges. Any two of 25, 36 and 38 we could use for Ballenden.

I'm expecting at least four of the final top 10 draft picks will have Lions or Suns names next to them.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brett C

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United

..just a thought.
Because the club and his doctors wouldn't have thought of this already

Brett C

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United
We should really be looking to keep pick 12... have a feeling there will be a bargain to be had at that pick. Perfectly placed for a slider.
Completely agree, our last 2-3 years of drafting has delivered some gems so I'd back the list management team to do it again

Sep 14, 2012
Broadbeach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Gold Coast will also be in for an upgrade. They currently have 2, 20, 23, 25, 36 and 38 with more to come for Matera and Saad. That's a shi*load of picks. I'd imagine they'd have lots of clubs coming to them for pick exchanges. Any two of 25, 36 and 38 we could use for Ballenden.

I'm expecting at least four of the final top 10 draft picks will have Lions or Suns names next to them.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Would love to turn one of our late firsts for two picks in the 20s.

Brett C

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United
Part of depression unfortunately .
Seriously this is what's wrong with the world. Has anyone with more than half a brain and connected with Josh ctually said he has depression or is it just idiots on BF. We have no idea what the issues may or may not be and the constant speculation is a waste of time.

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If we were to package up 18 and 19 for a top ten pick, Freo is the obvious target. Pick 5 is near enough the same points and they will need something like a late first rounder to pick up Wilson with perhaps something coming back. Their next best pick is 41.

If you speak to Freo fans about it, they're very much against the idea of trading down from #5. Apparently their list manager has said it's not on the table.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

..just a thought.

Unlikely but chronic fatigue is a possibility - IIRC Lynch had CF

Seriously this is what's wrong with the world. Has anyone with more than half a brain and connected with Josh ctually said he has depression or is it just idiots on BF. We have no idea what the issues may or may not be and the constant speculation is a waste of time.
Daniel riches has insider access and posted what he had been comfortable with which has been enlightening. Search for his posts.

Milk Steak

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Detroit Lions
I think we're really overthinking the Schache form thing. Maybe he just doesn't have the mentality to be a top AFL footballer. Maybe he will be,but I think any talk of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or depression are a bit of a reach to justify his disappointing development so far. If Schache was drafted by another club,we'd just be saying he looks like he could be a bust,not reaching for a medical diagnosis that justifies poor form.

Unlikely but chronic fatigue is a possibility - IIRC Lynch had CF

Also over training syndrome The overtraining syndrome is an imbalance in a simple equation: Training = Workout + Recovery. The full spectrum of overtraining can result in hormonal, nutritional, mental/emotional, muscular, neurological and others imbalances

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

You really need to read the book called "How to win Friends and Influence People"

...you might learn how to relate and put your point across politely.

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It's from Ricky Nixon, so treat with a grain of salt....

..although, would love to see him go to Hawks if he has to go anywhere else.
So would I but not for Hartung and WhiteX. Hodge shouldn't even be in the deal as he is worth nothing. Just feels like their future 1st is the easiest way with picks coming or going

Back