2017 Trade and FA thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with what you say, even thought I enjoyed us winning the NEAFL GF, it seems very lopsided winning the reserves and losing the seniors. We must concentrate our money and talent in the seniors, the reserves are for finding and nurturing potential seniors.
Secondly, it's depth and training.
I trust our coaches to spot the potential and make the cut if it's not there

I agree with what you say, even thought I enjoyed us winning the NEAFL GF, it seems very lopsided winning the reserves and losing the seniors. We must concentrate our money and talent in the seniors, the reserves are for finding and nurturing potential seniors.
Secondly, it's depth and training.
I trust our coaches to spot the potential and make the cut if it's not there

Whilst this is true, we need to establish a winning culture and if our depth players are winners whilst playing the Fagan game plan, they will more likely translate that form to the seniors.

not a busy time of year at the accountancy office? You better change companies coz I need to get my gst in on Monday.
I work for myself. I do a little bit of tax, but far more in business advisory. Don't really do many BASes. Bookkeepers do then generally.

Besides... I like stats.

86 wasn't quite talented enough unfortunately,can't recall him even dominating a NEAFL game which isn't a good sign.Didn't leave a stone unturned though which is pleasing for supporters and a credit to himself.

Hi guys, just wondering what happened with two of your recent delistings?

Matt Hammelmann seemed to show glimpses at AFL level whilst his Inside Football review of his state league games seemed to suggest he goes alright.

Johnathan Freeman is the more interesting prospect. We are in need of a depth/developing KPF (or retain Shaun McKernan.. again ffs!). At 199cm, Freeman has height to ruck but is mainly used in attack?

Could you guys give me a brief run down of some reasons why they are on the look out for new homes and some positives they have in there games.

Not sure the Bombers will be taking a KPF/Ruck in the draft so late (picks 48, 67, 86) let alone in the rookie draft where you get virtually no hits in KPF's.

Hammelman lacks some physicality and has looked a bit lost at senior level. But he moves well and is a good height so there’s something to work with.

Freeman is talented and has good hands in a marking contest. But from the word go, he has struggled with work rate.

Matt Hammelmann seemed to show glimpses at AFL level whilst his Inside Football review of his state league games seemed to suggest he goes alright.

Johnathan Freeman is the more interesting prospect. We are in need of a depth/developing KPF (or retain Shaun McKernan.. again ffs!). At 199cm, Freeman has height to ruck but is mainly used in attack?

Could you guys give me a brief run down of some reasons why they are on the look out for new homes and some positives they have in there games.

Not sure the Bombers will be taking a KPF/Ruck in the draft so late (picks 48, 67, 86) let alone in the rookie draft where you get virtually no hits in KPF's.
Hammelman would do ok up forward in a good a good team. At this stage in career lacks that bit of urgency n competitiveness which will come one day when the coin drops. Freeman like Pobt said is a lovely mark but once the ball hits the ground.....good night.

There's something to work with in regards to Freeman, has the attributes to be decent tall forward. Hammelmann on the other hand didn't really show anything at AFL, whether it was forward or back. I don't get to see reserves footy so I can't comment on his form there,but he looked completely out of his element in the seniors.

Hammelmann is good on the lead and can kick a booming goal from outside 50. Our leading goalkicker in the twos with 41 from 16 goals.

Freeman as others have said doesn’t have much of a game if he doesn’t mark it and lacks aggression to play ruck. Really just a marking forward. 39 goals from 20 games in twos.

If you want a KPF, Hammelmann is slightly younger and probably has more potential. Neither are ruck options. Michael Close is a better KPF than both of them and is the player who deserves another chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take 2.

Hopefully doesn’t get deleted this time.

There are rumours from twitter that Witherden’s father is trying to talk Alex in to returning to Geelong/Victoria.

Apparently this might be more than just rumour.

Take 2.

There are rumours from twitter that Witherden’s father is trying to talk Alex in to returning to Geelong/Victoria.

source? it's probably the trade whisperer... I'd stay clear of those accounts.

Take 2.

If this is true then the father needs to pull his head in and let his son make the decision thats best for him.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Take 2.

Can you post a link to the twitter account??????????

Take 2.

For crying out loud!

If it's not the players wanting to go home to mummy, it's the fathers pushing them to come home to daddy.

What the hell is wrong with this late teen generation?

Once , when you got to that age you were killing yourself to get away from home , have independence from the influence of parents and forge our own identity. At least, that's the way I remember it.

I must be getting old.

Take 2.

What utter bullshit. Brad, Alex's father, has been nothing short of supportive towards his future at the Lions. Stop making up bullshit statements from fake twitter accounts.

Take 2.

This did not come from twitter. Link with date and time this was posted on twitter or Mods do your permaban thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back