List Mgmt. 2017 Trade and Free Agency Discussion - #Leverpulled and #Harleyrevved

Remove this Banner Ad

So according to my mate Rocky is pumping his price up in anticipation of a north bid.
imagine most uncontracted players in the league would be up to something similar
"Boss North has offered me 5 mil over 5"
"You haven't even played a game yet. And you're a rookie"
"Yeah but it's North"
"True. How's 3 over 4?"

imagine most uncontracted players in the league would be up to something similar
"Boss North has offered me 5 mil over 5"
"You haven't even played a game yet. And you're a rookie"
"Yeah but it's North"
"True. How's 3 over 4?"
Until the bluff gets called...

"Have fun at North"

"Ok! Im sorry! Ill take a pay cut"

Jake Niall reporting Adelaide's price is two first rounders.

I'd start at our 2017 1st and 3rd and move from there.

Why would Adelaide a week our from a preliminary final be pricing uncontracted players? That's levers management trying to prepare Melbourne for worst case scenario so the deal hopefully gets done early.

Why would Adelaide a week our from a preliminary final be pricing uncontracted players? That's levers management trying to prepare Melbourne for worst case scenario so the deal hopefully gets done early.
List management and coaching are two different departments. It's not all that surprising

Saad would be a great signing imo.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Saad is Hunt with less over head skills but much better kicking skills. If we could get him for a second its a bloody steal.

Also Rory Thompson could be worth a look as that big bodied neutralizing key defender. Pushes Omac out of the side and immediately improves us.

Jack Leslie is another big bodied defender who has good marking ability. Tore us a new one in the first half against GC

List management and coaching are two different departments. It's not all that surprising

Coaches will attend list management meetings. I'd be extremely surprised if Adelaide had an official stance around the price of a player who hasn't left yet. Plus is that news all that surprising anyway? If they did have a price it was never going to be low to begin with that's not how you negotiate

Coaches will attend list management meetings. I'd be extremely surprised if Adelaide had an official stance around the price of a player who hasn't left yet. Plus is that news all that surprising anyway? If they did have a price it was never going to be low to begin with that's not how you negotiate
Its in the media and its MFC trade news. It belongs.

Its in the media and its MFC trade news. It belongs.

I also woke up minutes ago mate it's Thursday morning here so excuse my mood.
I think I'd be annoyed if I was Adelaide that some one was pricing players to journos in the lead up to their biggest game in 2 decades.

I also woke up minutes ago mate it's Thursday morning here so excuse my mood.
I think I'd be annoyed if I was Adelaide that some one was pricing players to journos in the lead up to their biggest game in 2 decades.

Fair. I think it goes on regardless now - has since Ablett left for GC.

Saad is Hunt with less over head skills but much better kicking skills. If we could get him for a second its a bloody steal.

Also Rory Thompson could be worth a look as that big bodied neutralizing key defender. Pushes Omac out of the side and immediately improves us.

Jack Leslie is another big bodied defender who has good marking ability. Tore us a new one in the first half against GC

Genuine question - how much footy do you watch? I know I don't watch enough to have an opinion on those blokes :/

Fair. I think it goes on regardless now - has since Ablett left for GC.

Genuine question - how much footy do you watch? I know I don't watch enough to have an opinion on those blokes :/

Alot less this season but I get access to every game live and on replay so I'll watch the last quarters of every close game and a lot of full games before bed.
Saad has been at the GC for a while and he's electric with the footy in hand. Beautiful run and carry. Think McKenna from essendon but not dual sided.

Rory Thompson was a suns pre listed player mate he is a ranga but was a big part of their side when they were 7-3 that year in tandem with May. He's tall and strong could play the Astbury role at the Tigers.

Leslie I haven't seen as much of but he tore us apart with intercept marking in the first half against GC. Good size and a really confident player. They would be after a 2nd for him.

Every club would be talking to managers and organizing deals throughout the 2nd half of the year regardless of who they are.

No to Thompson, just an average player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every club would be talking to managers and organizing deals throughout the 2nd half of the year regardless of who they are.

No to Thompson, just an average player.

So was Davey Astbury mate. He can play that lock down role on tall keys like him an allow Frost Hibberd Lever to use their attributes elsewhere.

I already followed up on the lever thing below mate, would be irresponsible for the club not to have him at that price but I'd be shocked if any talks are seriously happening a week out from a prelim

So was Davey Astbury mate. He can play that lock down role on tall keys like him an allow Frost Hibberd Lever to use their attributes elsewhere.

I already followed up on the lever thing below mate, would be irresponsible for the club not to have him at that price but I'd be shocked if any talks are seriously happening a week out from a prelim

Astbury becoming a good player doesn't mean others just randomly become good players too.

Lever won't be doing any of the talks but his manager would be the go between.

Astbury becoming a good player doesn't mean others just randomly become good players too.

Lever won't be doing any of the talks but his manager would be the go between.

Of course not mate but when you are giving away all your assets then you need to look outside of Hurley/May/Rance for defensive cover. If Thompson is on the market for a 3rd I'd take him.
Not saying he's going to be an AA but he can become a role player in a finds side no doubt and he's a better player than Omac currently
He's also 200cm and 100KG. Exactly the sort of player everyone is asking for.
Fun fact GC won 6 games with him in the side last year and lost 8 in a row without him.

That's what I said about him earlier, his management would have leaked this price.

Of course not mate but when you are giving away all your assets then you need to look outside of Hurley/May/Rance for defensive cover. If Thompson is on the market for a 3rd I'd take him.
Not saying he's going to be an AA but he can become a role player in a finds side no doubt and he's a better player than Omac currently
Fun fact GC won 6 games with him in the side last year and lost 8 in a row without him.

That's what I said about him earlier, his management would have leaked this price.
I reckon Thompson will be available for free

Would also be happy to take Thompson, would give us some cover against the gorilla FF's who currently tear us a new one.

Haven't seen much of Saad this year, but he has been very good in previous years with lots of run from half back combined with good kicking. Would be interested in him at the dees.

I reckon Thompson will be available for free

Hawthorn and Collingwood will probably offer more than us. But 200cm 100kg blokes don't just come for free often who have played good footy before. We would be silly not too offer a 2 year deal with a trigger for a 3rd with games played. That way if Omac does step up we can flick Rory as well.

We're not giving away any KPD assets to get Lever though. If the club is set on playing TMac mainly forward I think yeah I'd take Thompson on the cheap but I have a feeling they'll play him back.

I think you'd be surprised on the clubs talking part during the season, they are all unofficial talks but clubs definitely do communicate regarding player movement.

We're not giving away any KPD assets to get Lever though. If the club is set on playing TMac mainly forward I think yeah I'd take Thompson on the cheap but I have a feeling they'll play him back.

I think you'd be surprised on the clubs talking part during the season, they are all unofficial talks but clubs definitely do communicate regarding player movement.

I mean giving away 2 first rounders handcuffs in our ability to find a key back a little. Especially a 200cm one. Lever will never be a key defender, blokes don't wrestle for the mark down back anymore they leave it to someone who can hold the forward and they come third man in. That's what Lever will do but we still need a bloke who can wrestle a key back. McDonald is no where near that guy yet.

I mean giving away 2 first rounders handcuffs in our ability to find a key back a little. Especially a 200cm one. Lever will never be a key defender, blokes don't wrestle for the mark down back anymore they leave it to someone who can hold the forward and they come third man in. That's what Lever will do but we still need a bloke who can wrestle a key back. McDonald is no where near that guy yet.

I'd be stunned if we end up giving two firsts for Lever.

I'd be stunned if we end up giving two firsts for Lever.

I would too. Considering that's Adelaides 'opening price' you would expect it too meet somewhere in the middle. This year is a KPD draft as well so if we can give them next year's first then we can snag a developing tall.

What do we think about 2 firsts for Lever but gettin back adelaides first this year as well?

So a first and what I would say is a good upgrade for Lever.

Shuffle the decks in their favour later in as well?
We will get back a 2nd or swap 2nd & 3rd rounds picks imo

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back