List Mgmt. 2017 Trade and Free Agency Discussion - #Leverpulled and #Harleyrevved

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully the dees footy department aren't as petulant as some posters would want them to be. Dahlhaus made the right call to stay at the bulldogs and won a premiership. Now things have changed and he would be a great get. Better we take advantage or else it's Geelong or Essendon. You get too proud in AFL you are going to get hurt.
Narrrrr he ain't leaving

Would like to add Lever to partner with Omac and Frost down back and release Tmac to the forward line and spare ruck role, however only if we don't end up badly overpaying for him. Don't want to be in the kind of position where we cripple our trade / draft position for two years on one player. Still it would be great to see him in the red and blue next year.

Would like to add Lever to partner with Omac and Frost down back and release Tmac to the forward line and spare ruck role, however only if we don't end up badly overpaying for him. Don't want to be in the kind of position where we cripple our trade / draft position for two years on one player. Still it would be great to see him in the red and blue next year.
Talk in Adelaide is similar to what Carlton did to them with Gibbs, 2 first rounders = overs.

I agree I want to see the club trying to still bring in talent through the draft. I can cop this year missing a first rounder but not next years as well, which is meant to be a super draft and the fact it would be 3 years in a row without a first round pick. Though first round picks won't necessarily mean the players we get will be any good. But it still gives us a better shot of landing a gun rather than fluking one later in the draft.

I agree I want to see the club trying to still bring in talent through the draft. I can cop this year missing a first rounder but not next years as well, which is meant to be a super draft and the fact it would be 3 years in a row without a first round pick. Though first round picks won't necessarily mean the players we get will be any good. But it still gives us a better shot of landing a gun rather than fluking one later in the draft.

Or we could take a 21 year all Australian defender instead of hoping for one in the draft... people over rate the hell out of picks

Or we could take a 21 year all Australian defender instead of hoping for one in the draft... people over rate the hell out of picks

No doubt he is a gun player, and picks do tend to be overrated, but I don't want to trade two first rounders for an intercept defender. Not necessarily because I think we will draft two better players, but your draft picks are one of your main forms of trade currency and I would like to leave us with some to chase other players as well. A first and a second is fair, and would be putting a reasonably high value on Lever.

No doubt he is a gun player, and picks do tend to be overrated, but I don't want to trade two first rounders for an intercept defender. Not necessarily because I think we will draft two better players, but your draft picks are one of your main forms of trade currency and I would like to leave us with some to chase other players as well. A first and a second is fair, and would be putting a reasonably high value on Lever.

First round is a nominal word that describes 18 picks, in reality if we make finals next year it's pick 10 and 12 say. Would you be OK with losing Hogan for 10 and 12? On the points system that's essentially a top 3 pick or something.

I'd love to give as little as possible but lever for 10 and 28 would be a steal.

First round is a nominal word that describes 18 picks, in reality if we make finals next year it's pick 10 and 12 say. Would you be OK with losing Hogan for 10 and 12? On the points system that's essentially a top 3 pick or something.

I'd love to give as little as possible but lever for 10 and 28 would be a steal.

I hope Hogan doesn't leave, but if he did want to go then I would be pretty damn happy with pick 10 and 12. While I would be less happy with 10 and 28, I also know realistically that it is a pretty good return for a player who wants to be traded. I also tend to value key forwards higher than defenders and I think that is a fairly common trend across the AFL

I hope Hogan doesn't leave, but if he did want to go then I would be pretty damn happy with pick 10 and 12. While I would be less happy with 10 and 28, I also know realistically that it is a pretty good return for a player who wants to be traded. I also tend to value key forwards higher than defenders and I think that is a fairly common trend across the AFL

Well I disagree with that trend. I reckon Alex Rance is more valuable than Josh Kennedy or Tom Lynch. The way footy is played these days I reckon gun defenders win more games for teams than forwards these days.

Well I disagree with that trend. I reckon Alex Rance is more valuable than Josh Kennedy or Tom Lynch. The way footy is played these days I reckon gun defenders win more games for teams than forwards these days.
Yep.
21 year old AA squad intercept markers dont grow on trees.
He will be peaking at the same time as Trac, Hogan, Brayshaw, Viney, Oliver & Weed as well.
He makes so much sense to recruit imo

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yep.
21 year old AA squad intercept markers dont grow on trees.
He will be peaking at the same time as Trac, Hogan, Brayshaw, Viney, Oliver & Weed as well.
He makes so much sense to recruit imo

Intercept marking is more important than one on one defending now as well, you never really see one outs where the bloke is leading towards the footy anymore anyway it's all inside zones or out the back. Currently we don't really have anyone who reads the ball strongly in the air and to get the best young player at it in the game would be immense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Intercept marking is more important than one on one defending now as well, you never really see one outs where the bloke is leading towards the footy anymore anyway it's all inside zones or out the back. Currently we don't really have anyone who reads the ball strongly in the air and to get the best young player at it in the game would be immense.
Yep. The best defenders in the league these days are intercept markers, not one on one defenders

Yep. The best defenders in the league these days are intercept markers, not one on one defenders

Footy has changed. Neither of Hurley or Rance take the best forward anymore. You find a bloke to nullify them and then let the star defenders pick off the poor kicks. McGovern is another who doesn't take the best forward.

Haha you're probably right as you pointed out he is only 21, I'm just being greedy.
The Melbourne man in me says a first and a second but that's because every supporter wants to win a trade. That would feel like we came out on top. In reality 2x 1sts with Adelaides second either this year or next which would be 33-36 is probably fair.

We re-contracted him later in the year?
Can't see us getting anything outside a very late pick.
He's out of contract this year
Re-signed in 2015 to 2017
Unless I missed some signings

Just heard hes looking for more games and a fresh start
Rippa bloke so if melb offer a deal He should take it

I heard Carlton were sniffing but pretty sure he got a 1 year extension a few months back.

We'd be lucky to get third rounders for Kent and JKH if they both request trades.

But if that does happen maybe we can package up three third-rounders for a decent second round pick, assuming that still is attractive for the clubs needing points for academy kids.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We'd be lucky to get third rounders for Kent and JKH if they both request trades.

But if that does happen maybe we can package up three third-rounders for a decent second round pick, assuming that still is attractive for the clubs needing points for academy kids.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Lets keep all the thirds we can! I'd rather half a half dozen speculative kids running around at Casey than the unpicked plodders who have maxed their potential.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back