List Mgmt. 2017 Trade and Free Agency Discussion - #Leverpulled and #Harleyrevved

Remove this Banner Ad

Would Josh Shacke interest us for a first round draft pick?

Not sure if we have the salary cap space, but he'd help that forward/ruck spot on our list.
No we have Weideman as a developing young forward. If we want a forward a ready made one would be more handy to us.

I see the trade period negotiations have started. Do we need to appoint an official BigFooty Demons Trade Delegate? If so, I nominate Dez! .

I know he looks like he'd be at home in Fitzroy..... but just no.

View attachment 373668

I think this is what Little Lord Fauntleroy looks like now.

1488772508268.jpg

I know he is highly inconsistent but Steven Motlop would be worth looking at IMO. He is a free agent so the only cost would be salary cap space. Over the last three years he has averaged over 20 disposals per game and kicked 75 goals in 53 games. He adds some pace and skill on the outside which is the key area I feel we are deficient from a list management point of view. (While a second key back and second key forward would add to our side, I have confidence that Oscar and Weideman will make it as good AFL players.)

I know he is highly inconsistent but Steven Motlop would be worth looking at IMO. He is a free agent so the only cost would be salary cap space. Over the last three years he has averaged over 20 disposals per game and kicked 75 goals in 53 games. He adds some pace and skill on the outside which is the key area I feel we are deficient from a list management point of view. (While a second key back and second key forward would add to our side, I have confidence that Oscar and Weideman will make it as good AFL players.)

Agree. When he's on, he's a very good player, and we need some more pace. Will cause much gnashing of teeth with his inconsistency and occasional lackadaisical inept displays.

Would consider. I would prefer him to Zaharakis, if only to rid myself of the creeping feeling that our list of trade targets is somewhat bomber heavy.

Agree. When he's on, he's a very good player, and we need some more pace. Will cause much gnashing of teeth with his inconsistency and occasional lackadaisical inept displays.
McDonald (either) to Motlop could become the stuff of legends

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we can't get May we should go after Fyfe. Track and Oliver look great prospects but Fyfe is a sure thing and would be the first elite mid we've had in a long time.
Oliver is already a sure thing. Can still get a lot better but he's orbitilng the A grade already

Oh dear, this talk of Pittard, Motlop and Zaharakis is making me more depressed than our 16th straight loss to Norf and the ensuing Higgins av I have to wear for a month.

View attachment 373747

I hear we're making a play for Milkshake's vastly less talented twin brother.

Oh dear, this talk of Pittard, Motlop and Zaharakis is making me more depressed than our 16th straight loss to Norf and the ensuing Higgins av I have to wear for a month.

View attachment 373747

Agreed, wouldn't take any of the three. I mean are people really wanting to get MORE flakey players into this side? LOL

So we need either a big forward who can go into the ruck, a key defender or another genuine onballer as our targets.

Watch us get another hbf'er

Agreed, wouldn't take any of the three. I mean are people really wanting to get MORE flakey players into this side? LOL

Eh, flakey and inconsistent is better than consistently bad.

Jake Nial just mentioned we are interested in Zak Jones along with 3 other clubs.
Good player, but we have about 5 blokes who can play that role. There should be 3 blokes we should be targeting strongly, and 3 only.

Fyfe
May
2 Metre Peter.

All fill a need and all are guns who can take us next level. If we don't throw ourselves out there like Kangas and Saints, we sit back and watch these teams climb above us, like Geelong getting Danger etc. Grow some balls Dees, and go get one of these guys, whatever it takes..

If we went for Fyfe I'd expect Freo to match, so we'll have to trade for him. It'd likely be daylight robbery like Dangerfield to Geelong, the trade could look something like this:

Melbourne get: Fyfe

Freo get: Melbournes 2017 1st
Dean Kent
Melbournes 2018 2nd

Not sure how much discussion about him but what about Gaff. Loves Melbourne [and supported the D's} and at school with Viney.Would add great outside run and would learn to play the MCG. Like Oliver to Gaff To Hogan

Forget Fyfe for gods sake. Can we at least talk about realistic targets?

Could we even fit May into our cap?

At least we are finally heading towards the advantage of being a 'destination' club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back