List Mgmt. 2017 Trade/Draft/FA SuperMegaUltra Thread - Post Trade-Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

This is probably old news to many of you BF luminaries, but thought it worth a post -
(a collection of recent media insights to the WCE Trade season (or lack of Trade) and upcoming Draft period)

"It emerged during the trade period that West Coast list officials were strategically targeting five picks inside the top 50 at next month's draft and the club has accomplished its goal.
The Eagles managed to keep hold of its prized first selection and now have picks at 13, 21, 26, 32 and 37 - all inside the first two rounds.
It is understood the club is eyeing off a host of West Australian young guns in the 2017 intake."

Schloithe looms as a potential mature-age draftee.. Tim Kelly, 22, has also been linked with a draft call-up to West Coast...Their prolific ball-winning and mature, hardened bodies are believed to appeal to Eagles recruiting strategies... Subiaco small forward Liam Ryan, a speedy and high-flying goal opportunist is firmly in Eagles recruiting sights. Initial plans on how to further develop Ryan's obvious talents and implement defensive facets into his play around goal in tandem with established Eagles scoring force Josh Kennedy as well as further evolution for already listed small forward Willie Rioli, is understood to be already be in motion.

West Coast looks certain to insist on bigger midfield and on-ball duties for rising team leaders Elliot Yeo, Liam Duggan, Jack Redden and Dom Sheed on the inside and outside receivers Andrew Gaff and Lewis Jetta. West coast could run with up to a maximum of eight rookies as recent draftees Dan Venables, Jake Waterman, Kurt Mutimer, Luke Partington, Josh Rotham, Tom Cole, Tom Lamb and Willie Rioli all emerge.

West Coast's trading strategy has enabled the club to clear crucial salary cap room to launch multi-million dollar contract talks with rising superstars Elliot Yeo and Jeremy McGovern who the club judged as its best two players this season.

West Coast is also gambling heavily on a high premiership finish next year with its approach to the draft.
In trading next year's first round selection, in a swap of draft picks with Gold Coast just hours ahead of the closing deadline in Melbourne, Eagles football managers are playing roulette with next year's choice in what experts tip to be one of the best drafts in AFL history.
If West Coast accomplish an ambitious top four to sixth-place finish with their distinctive youth selection and development policy, that 2018 draft pick will be late into the selection process.
However a tumble out of finals contentions and a low-down-the-ladder finish will see the strategy backfire with the club surrendering a crucial top-10 pick.

9b751993c25ae11dddae6ddcdd30bb40.jpg

Stop Cal. You're drunk.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good summary.

Waterman is a tad difficult to define though, isnt he 194cm so taller than both Darling and Allen? I would class him as a modern kp forward.

Yeah I don't disagree with that. It will be great to watch him play next year and get a better idea of what role is best suited to.

Good summary.

Waterman is a tad difficult to define though, isnt he 194cm so taller than both Darling and Allen? I would class him as a modern kp forward.
No waterman is shorter than Allen and same height as darling.

No waterman is shorter than Allen and same height as darling.

I am sure the heights listed are doctored Waterman was drafted at 191cm and twelve months later he has now shrunk:huh: to 190cm per the Eagles site.:D

Allen listed at 193cm. But ok Allen is slightly taller.

Sure a bit of 'ducks and drakes' are played out with player stats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at our previous draft selections we've frequently drafted players who have slid a little bit.

Having our selections are great but can't help feel we will reach for selections we could have got later.

I am sure the heights listed are doctored Waterman was drafted at 191cm and twelve months later he has now shrunk:huh: to 190cm per the Eagles site.:D

Allen listed at 193cm. But ok Allen is slightly taller.

Sure a bit of 'ducks and drakes' are played out with player stats.
Yeah but how tall is McGovern?

Do we have a mock draft thread?

1 Lions - Davies-Uniacke
2 Freo - Rayner
3 Carlton - Dow
4 Norths - Cerra
5 Freo - D Fogarty
6 Pies - Brander
7 Saints - Brayshaw
8 Saints - Stephenson
9 Dogs - Coffield
10 Blues - S Hayes
11 GWS - Higgins
12 Crows - Naughton
13 Eagles - HUNTER CLARK
14 Swans - Constable
15 Lions - Balta
16 Dogs - O'Brien / Bonar
17 Richmond - Oscar Allen (need tall forwards more than anything)
18 Lions - Ballanden
19 Gold Coast - Ed Richards (Saad replacement)
20 Richmond - Naish
21 Eagles - OBrien / Bonar
22 Cats - Ling
23 North - Petrucelle
24 Cats - N Murphy
25 Richmond - ruck forward
26 Eagles - Meirs / T Kelly
27 GWS - ruck
28 GWS - L Fogarty
29 Melbourne - tall
30 Carlton - half back
31 Melbourne - Meirs
32 Eagles - T Kelly / Meirs / B Miller
33 Swans
34 Saints
35 Cats
36 Melbourne
37 Eagles - B Miller / L Ryan

Last edited:
Haven't had a good one since the early 2000s when Cuz & Huntaaaaaaa rocked some gross versions.

So I guess it's:
Butler -> Ah Chee
Priddis -> 13
Mitchell -> 21
Giles -> 26
Petrie -> 32
Hill/Lamb/Wellingham -> 37

39/5/2 moving to 40/4/1.
With Watson moving to 'A' rookie list, does that mean one of Gorter/Snadden has to go as well?

Did Cavka retire last pre-season? If so, his spot will be free too.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just a few names around the mark
13-Clark,constable and Higgins
21-Fogarty,bonar and obrien
26-Kelly,worpel and bonar
32-starcevich,spargo and kreuger
37-Ryan,Hayden,Sam Taylor and Ben miller
I think there's a good mix there and I do think we need a kpf in a hurry

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back