List Mgmt. 2017 Trade/Draft/FA SuperMegaUltra Thread - Post Trade-Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't had a good one since the early 2000s when Cuz & Huntaaaaaaa rocked some gross versions.

So I guess it's:
Butler -> Ah Chee
Priddis -> 13
Mitchell -> 21
Giles -> 26
Petrie -> 32
Hill/Lamb/Wellingham -> 37

39/5/2 moving to 40/4/1.
With Watson moving to 'A' rookie list, does that mean one of Gorter/Snadden has to go as well?

You might be right, I haven't actually bothered to work it out yet.

What was the benefit of us moving Watson from B to A? Did we have to in order to retain him?

If it's a choice between Gorter and Snadden I know which one I would prefer.

With 5 picks in the top 40 we need to brace ourselves that we will be picking a ******* random name no one has ever heard of before. Something Gerrick Weedon-esque.

Would be interesting to see how our actual 2nd round drafting compares to pre-draft consensus of where the players should have gone. Lamb, Weedon, Newman, etc.

You might be right, I haven't actually bothered to work it out yet.

What was the benefit of us moving Watson from B to A? Did we have to in order to retain him?

If it's a choice between Gorter and Snadden I know which one I would prefer.
Moving Watson from B to A means we can play him whenever we want with out having to upgrade. This is due to the new rookie rules for Cat A.

With 5 picks in the top 40 we need to brace ourselves that we will be picking a ******* random name no one has ever heard of before. Something Gerrick Weedon-esque.
My money is on either the half man / half wild boar from the Pilbara, or an unknown human highlight reel Simmo secretly scouted on his recent trip to the Tiwi islands

Last edited:
Would be interesting to see how our actual 2nd round drafting compares to pre-draft consensus of where the players should have gone. Lamb, Weedon, Newman, etc.

2009: Stevens slid slightly, Weedon was out of nowhere.
2010: Darling & Lycett both slid.
2011: Newman and McInnes were about right.
2013: Karpany was a bit of a reach.
2014: Lamb slid.
2015: Cole slid slightly.
2016: Rotham slid.

This is based mostly off BigFooty perception with a bit of Cal Twomey and Emma Quayle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our senior squad could have the following players with <10 games.

Draft Pick 13
Draft Pick 21
Draft Pick 26
Draft Pick 32
Draft Pick 37
Daniel Venables
Tom Lamb
Luke Partington
Tom Cole
Josh Rotham
Kurt Mutimer
Malcolm Karpany
Mathew Allen
Willie Rioli
Jake Waterman

That's a fairly exciting list of unproven players.
That's a lot of youth. Have we gone too far the other way?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Had to laugh at the facebook coments that Danger, Ablett & Selwood are the greatest midfield of all time.. they would be fourth.
3rd would be Brisbanes Premiership Midfield.
2nd would be our 06 Midfield and you all know what 1st would be:
Priddis, Mitchell & Masten!! How tantalizing! Of coarse it's on 2017 form.

Had to laugh at the facebook coments that Danger, Ablett & Selwood are the greatest midfield of all time.. they would be fourth.
What about Hasleby, McManus and Bell

I reckon they might go Rayner and Brander. They can be ballsy with their drafting.

I think most on here want Hunter Clark for our pick. I also like Lochie O'Brien although his lack of contested game might put off alot on here. He is a laser kick which I think may appeal to us.

If the Nick Shipley rumour is true I wonder if we would consider bidding on him with pick 21. GWS I assume would match as they have 27 and 28, so other than that I'm hoping for a slider out of Sam Hayes, Joel Garner or Oscar Allen.
I'd be surprised if freo reached again for a tall.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

05 midfield was better.

My money is on either the half man / half wild boar from the Pilbara,

You saw him here first.

images

Remove this Banner Ad

Back