List Mgmt. 2017 Trade/Draft/FA SuperMegaUltra Thread - Post Trade-Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

2009: Stevens slid slightly, Weedon was out of nowhere.
2010: Darling & Lycett both slid.
2011: Newman and McInnes were about right.
2013: Karpany was a bit of a reach.
2014: Lamb slid.
2015: Cole slid slightly.
2016: Rotham slid.

This is based mostly off BigFooty perception with a bit of Cal Twomey and Emma Quayle.

So 2 out of 10 were a reach? Maybe it's not that we're tanking 2nd round picks, but we're actually trash at development.

I just saw the Eagles put up a pic of Snadden and refer to him as a rookie so guessing he is still on the list? Assuming he is, and that we are taking 5 ND picks, this means we have 2 RD picks.

So 7 spots to fill through the drafts.

What mix of types are we after?

I would say that we need 4-5 non-talls and 2-3 talls.

2-3 talls:
tall def
tall forward
project ruck

4-5 others:
2-3 mids
1-2 small forwards or forward/mids
0-1 medium def or def/mid

We dont need 3 talls out of 7 odd picks.

Club has said we are looking for running mids and fowards. Id be happy to use 37 on a tall wither a ruck forward or a kp forwaed / back like a Ben Miller.

Maybe rookie a young ruck.

Bu in the main draft we need four or five picks on inside mids and medium small fowards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We dont need 3 talls out of 7 odd picks.

Club has said we are looking for running mids and fowards. Id be happy to use 37 on a tall wither a ruck forward or a kp forwaed / back like a Ben Miller.

Maybe rookie a young ruck.

Bu in the main draft we need four or five picks on inside mids and medium small fowards.

I think 2-3 picks on talls is about right. We will need more KPDs at some stage, and now is the time for a project ruck if we are going that route. We also don't have any genuine big tall forwards outside of Kennedy and Allen. I suppose Vardy can play as a tall forward.

I think if we took 4-5 picks on inside mids and small-medium forwards we would have to ignore best available (just based on the law of averages). Which is ok to some extent but not too much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back