List Mgmt. 2017 Trade/Draft/FA SuperMegaUltra Thread - Post Trade-Period Edition

Fyfster

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont
My reading of these rules indicates that if an offer is matched he stays with his original club or goes in the draft , Under the title of compensation note the words allocated by the AFL.
RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

Players who are in the top 25 per cent of salaries at their club (that is, in the club’s top nine-10 paid players) are eligible for restricted free agency the first time they are out of contract, if they have served at least eight years with the club.

For example, a player who is contracted after his seventh year for one, two, three, four or five years will be eligible for restricted free agency when next out of contract having completed either eight, nine, 10, 11 or 12 seasons respectively.

A top 25 per cent player is eligible for unrestricted free agency when next out of contract, provided a player can never be an unrestricted free agent until completing at least 10 years’ service at one club.

For example, a player who signs a one-year contract after his eighth season is not eligible for unrestricted free agency until he has completed at least 10 years’ service.

Restricted free agents have the right to move to a club of their choice, subject to the current club’s right of first refusal over their services. That is, if the current club can ‘match’ the offer from a suitor club, the player must stay or enter the draft. The tabled offer includes only football payments and Additional Service Agreements (ASA) amounts.

COMPENSATION

A club that has a net loss of players transferring to/from other clubs as free agents in one transfer period is entitled to compensation via National Draft picks allocated by the AFL.

The compensation formula produces a points rating for players based on:

1. The new contract of the free agent;
2. The age of the free agent.

Draft picks are allocated to clubs based on the net total points for free agents lost and gained during the transfer period.

Draft picks will be allocated to one of five places:

• 1st round
• end of 1st round
• 2nd round
• end of 2nd round
• 3rd round

In applying the formula, an expert committee reviews the formula outcomes. The committee has the power to recommend alternative outcomes to GM – Football Operations where the formula produces a materially anomalous result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Godfather32

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
My reading of these rules indicates that if an offer is matched he stays with his original club or goes in the draft , Under the title of compensation note the words allocated by the AFL.
RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

Players who are in the top 25 per cent of salaries at their club (that is, in the club’s top nine-10 paid players) are eligible for restricted free agency the first time they are out of contract, if they have served at least eight years with the club.

For example, a player who is contracted after his seventh year for one, two, three, four or five years will be eligible for restricted free agency when next out of contract having completed either eight, nine, 10, 11 or 12 seasons respectively.

A top 25 per cent player is eligible for unrestricted free agency when next out of contract, provided a player can never be an unrestricted free agent until completing at least 10 years’ service at one club.

For example, a player who signs a one-year contract after his eighth season is not eligible for unrestricted free agency until he has completed at least 10 years’ service.

Restricted free agents have the right to move to a club of their choice, subject to the current club’s right of first refusal over their services. That is, if the current club can ‘match’ the offer from a suitor club, the player must stay or enter the draft. The tabled offer includes only football payments and Additional Service Agreements (ASA) amounts.

COMPENSATION

A club that has a net loss of players transferring to/from other clubs as free agents in one transfer period is entitled to compensation via National Draft picks allocated by the AFL.

The compensation formula produces a points rating for players based on:

1. The new contract of the free agent;
2. The age of the free agent.

Draft picks are allocated to clubs based on the net total points for free agents lost and gained during the transfer period.

Draft picks will be allocated to one of five places:

• 1st round
• end of 1st round
• 2nd round
• end of 2nd round
• 3rd round

In applying the formula, an expert committee reviews the formula outcomes. The committee has the power to recommend alternative outcomes to GM – Football Operations where the formula produces a materially anomalous result.
But we would likely match any offer you made to him meaning that if you did want him you'd have to offer up a trade, making any talk of AFL compensation pointless

Fyfster

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont
But we would likely match any offer you made to him meaning that if you did want him you'd have to offer up a trade, making any talk of AFL compensation pointless
You most likely would i understand that depending on how generous the offer was , Which would just mean we have pushed the price West coast pay up , My point has been all along that he stays , Unless the offer is stupid , If the offer is stupid then by matching you risk the suitor saying O.k i'm out as far as giving up players and or draft picks and then you are stuck with it ,Or he could just go the the draft With a do not touch if you are not.... sign on his forehead .As i have said all along i believe he will recommit to West Coast .

Carbine Chaos

Jubilant Masto
Apr 1, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Everton, Delhi, Perth
You most likely would i understand that depending on how generous the offer was , Which would just mean we have pushed the price West coast pay up , My point has been all along that he stays , Unless the offer is stupid , If the offer is stupid then by matching you risk the suitor saying O.k i'm out as far as giving up players and or draft picks and then you are stuck with it ,Or he could just go the the draft With a do not touch if you are not.... sign on his forehead .As i have said all along i believe he will recommit to West Coast .
Freo had the chance to sign McGovern for basically nothing years ago when Hasleby told the club to do so when he was fat and struggling on our rookie list.

Obeanie1

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Li
Just like Dangerfield did......oh wait a minute!!!

You really think a player like McGovern wouldnt get picked by a Gold Coast or Brisbane? They would bank on turning him or trade him for overs.

So its pony up with a decent trade or no banana IF he elected to go.

Brayshaw plus your 2nd as a min.;)

BeornJ

All Australian
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Moving to Hobart from Perth tonight.

Bring on round 19! Will anyone else be there? Ha ha.

When they show the Eagles Supporter base, it'll be me!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eaglespur

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Great joke. Never heard it before.

No, I'm enjoying a quieter life with mountain views, river views, breathtaking scenery, an over abundance of fresh and delicious food, and a generous pay rise with my gorgeous wife, and beautiful baby girl.
Tassy is awesome, good for you. Alot of the jokes come from WA folk who've never left or even been to Tas, I'd potentially love to live there one day so much beauty, clean air, nature ect.

Enjoy mate :thumbsu:

mick06

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United; San D uh LA Chargers
I'd love to move to Tazzy personally.

Just need to set myself up a bit more as i dont really trust the economy down there.

Get few more houses paid off and BAM.. I'm there.
Get some crypro coins matey and move down next month

Here2tellyouwhy

SA GREAT
Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Eagles
Yeah tassie is great. Might have to do some research on potcoin
Don't bother. It's probably just a scam or a joke.
Think it's trying to integrate the supply chain of the legal variety of the green stuff utilising blockchain.
Real pointless s**t in a practically non existent industry.

Top Bottom