List Mgmt. 2017 Trade/Draft/FA SuperMegaUltra Thread - Post Trade-Period Edition

Aug 4, 2004
Lilliput
AFL Club
West Coast
Did you even read what I was referring to or did you just read what you wanted to read to suit your argument?

Here I will make it big for you so you don't ignore it:

This does not apply to just midfielders but to all picks.

I was refering to the general overrating of draft picks.

My stats are already there. Took you 20 years to find a very limited list of a dozen or so A grade mids taken in the second round. Piss poor strike rate. So instead of taking those speculative picks we should of traded them for know quantities like Tim Kelly. I 100% stand by that call.

Thats the best you got champ?

Let me repeat your words big boy in the hope it sinks a second time:

“So we should not pick a A grade KPP for a 1 in a 100 chance for A grade mid? Thank god you are not on our recruitment team.”

How do you know the KPP draft prospect is A grade? How do you know the midfielder is not A-grade. Your point was you don’t get elite midfielders outside the top 10. You got absolutely owned on that.

The current top 4 in the Brownlow market are midfielders and ALL were taken outside the top 10.

Kelly is currently Brownlow favourite. Ergo he’s elite. He was no WAFL plodder as you suggested.

You were wrong. That’s OK. But don’t make up sh#t about Kelly being a WAFL plodder to make yourself feel better.

Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Let me repeat your words big boy in the hope it sinks a second time:

“So we should not pick a A grade KPP for a 1 in a 100 chance for A grade mid? Thank god you are not on our recruitment team.”

How do you know the KPP draft prospect is A grade? How do you know the midfielder is not A-grade. Your point was you don’t get elite midfielders outside the top 10. You got absolutely owned on that.

The current top 4 in the Brownlow market are midfielders and ALL were taken outside the top 10.

Kelly is currently Brownlow favourite. Ergo he’s elite. He was no WAFL plodder as you suggested.

You were wrong. That’s OK. But don’t make up sh#t about Kelly being a WAFL plodder to make yourself feel better.

Actually what I said the odds on getting elite mids outside the top 10 is very poor. Which is true. How is telling the truth being owned? You own examples proved it. Over 20 years how many mids were selected in the second round? Math would say hundreds. How many A grades came out? A dozen? What are the odds champ?

He was a plodder pre 2017. Why wasn't he drafted in those 4 years if he was so elite?

Or do you think you know better then every clubs recruiters?

Aug 4, 2004
Lilliput
AFL Club
West Coast
Actually what I said the odds on getting elite mids outside the top 10 is very poor. Which is true. How is telling the truth being owned? You own examples proved it. Over 20 years how many mids were selected in the second round? Math would say hundreds. How many A grades came out? A dozen? What are the odds champ?

He was a plodder pre 2017. Why wasn't he drafted in those 4 years if he was so elite?

Or do you think you know better then every clubs recruiters?
Kelly was a diamond in the rough. Recruiters are heavily biased to junior pathways. If blokes miss out on getting drafted in their under 18 year it gets much harder.

Kelly had injury problems that held him back in his under 18 year and after that. He had a full-time job as an electrician and a young family.

Nobody who saw him play in the WAFL would describe him as a plodder. It was a stupid comment.

nameless

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal

Way to leave out the rest of my post where I freaking nail it!

That's a fairly exciting list of unproven players, got to think a few of them could really make it.
Personally I've seen enough of guys around the 30-50 game mark in Sheed, Duggan and Barrass to say they will be high quality players.
We'll be hoping 5 or so of these guys can really step up to another level over the next 1-3 years.

Hoping 5 of those guys can step up and 5 of them did!

Back