#3 - GCS: Paddy Dow
#4 - CARL: Luke Davies-Uniacke
#5 - FREM: Hunter Clark
#6 - COLL: Jarrod Brander
#7 - STK: Darcy Fogarty
#8 - STK: Nick Coffield
#9 - WCE: Andrew Brayshaw
#10 - WB: Joel Garner

The problem is that you still have to have a full list and pay everyone on it. It always looks good to begin with but starts to bite you in the ass a few years later when you can't afford to pay up and coming players or attract other talent. I think it really limits the chances of success. Look at Sydney's success so far with Tippett and franklin. You could argue that Boyd help the dogs win but he's played only a handful of good games for them. Hawthorn have recruited role players over the years to good effect however they never threw too much money to attract a star. Geelong have issues as well I reckon. Sure they are near the top but they are a long shot to win the premiership and they would be maxing the cap too I'd imagine? I would definitely argue that history suggests throwing lots of money to attract one player can be a hinderance. Draft smartly, pick up trade bargains on undervalued players or role players and then develop them well for team coherrance. On top of all this I think it speaks volumes about a bloke who chases money over premierships. We don't need another pay cheque collector

That all makes sense for the Swans and pre cap increase.

But the Swans have serious quality depth to use cap space on qe dont. Are we going to keep ovee paying under achievers like Le cras, Wellingham and Emac?

The overall cap just increased by $2 mill, who do we pay that to?

I think we are in the position to front load a contract in a big way which then provides flexibility later. Remember Hurn and Kennedy are 30 next year as well.

94000 comments ? **** me senseless, that's 25 comments a day everyday for 10 years. Like you fella, but what do you do for fun ?

For fun? I post on BigFooty.

In fairness to my good self, I spammed a ****load in the early years, I post a lot less nowadays.
And the board is a poorer place for it. Before I started posting, you were one of my favourite spammers. I start posting and barely a whisper from you...It's almost as mysterious as what the hell has happened to Cole and Keys.

Random stab at a top ten because I'm bored:

#1 - NTH: Cameron Rayner
#2 - BRIS: Adam Cerra
Reckon WB will beat Hawthorn?

Gonna be a hard final week for tipping.

And the board is a poorer place for it. Before I started posting, you were one of my favourite spammers. I start posting and barely a whisper from you...It's almost as mysterious as what the hell has happened to Cole and Keys.
Tbh I think they might be holding back Cole for the Josh Kelly trade. Cole and a second for Josh Kelly sounds pretty fair considering how good Cole projects to be (a rich mans Andrew Embley).

Would Brayshaw be a flight risk? I know he's got grandparents here but with a brother at a Melbourne club and an uncle who's a recent president at another one I'd be worried he'd be lured back.

Hard to say without interviewing the kid I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd honesty steer away from drafting a brother of an already established player. Seems like most of them want to play together these days.

I've stepped away a bit due to huge amounts of frustrations with our list, I don't wish to give our lovely mods extra work.

I wouldnt exactly call that a strong connection. I dont even speak to my uncle or cousins. Strong would be parents or siblings. Think there is 0 chance of him coming here
Depends on person to person. Some people are super close to family and grew up with their cousins as if they were their siblings and others hate their cousins and uncles aunties

I've stepped away a bit due to huge amounts of frustrations with our list, I don't wish to give our lovely mods extra work.

Wuss.

Yer like how did Zac Jones to the Dees trade pan out?:D

Oh and that works both ways. Angus might come West.:thumbsu:
Meh, Zac is more likely to win a flag at swans that at the dees.

On the other hand dees are more likely to win a flag than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back