2017 trade/draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fivey.....Partington wasn't demanding selection. The public were baying for blood and Partington had been just OK. He DID however have that one stand out game 3 weeks earlier where he kicked 4 and had 28 touches. These 2 might become good players but either was demanding selection at that time they were picked. Lamb the same......happened to get 20 plus in las game and bang.......emergency spot and a trip to Sydney.
I'm all for supporting these kids but I don't think they're doing enough OR being developed correctly at EP.
This. So much this. Add Karpany to that list, got games by just being ok at EP

I agree if it's very front loaded it could work. I doubt somebody like Kelly would agree to a contract like that though

And exactly why would you presume that?

Or even know actually? Are you his financial advisor?:D

Norths off him 9 mill over 9 years.

Eagles counter with 1.5m for 2 years and then 850k per year for next 7 years.

Tax isnt an issue, already in the top bracket, he just gets his money quicker and can use it.

To be honest I.d rather throw 700k at Zaharakis, save the two first rounders we'd need to land Kelly and draft Clark or Brayshaw this year and another mid next year.

It's a travesty that Cole's not permanently in our best 22, but that's another story.
I just think that I'd rather give a young guy a go (particularly with the position we are in with under 25s) who's shown something over guys like Masten etc. With the way East Perth plays they may not absolutely dominate a WAFL game before they're ready for the AFL, sometimes you just have to take a chance based on the fact that they've shown a bit.

Fivey.....Partington wasn't demanding selection. The public were baying for blood and Partington had been just OK. He DID however have that one stand out game 3 weeks earlier where he kicked 4 and had 28 touches. These 2 might become good players but either was demanding selection at that time they were picked. Lamb the same......happened to get 20 plus in las game and bang.......emergency spot and a trip to Sydney.
I'm all for supporting these kids but I don't think they're doing enough OR being developed correctly at EP.

Apparently youngsters only deserve selection if they rack up 34 touches and 5 goals like Judd.

If Partington didn't demand selection after his last month for East Perth then none of our untried players have in the last 16 years.

I think I've read this before,maybe every offseason

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Has he been a Restricted free agent every off season? Has he still not signed at rd23 in a contract year? Have we had the 'war chest' we have this year before? Not long after I wrote that an article come out saying talks have stalled a little watch this space.

And exactly why would you presume that?

Or even know actually? Are you his financial advisor?:D

Norths off him 9 mill over 9 years.

Eagles counter with 1.5m for 2 years and then 850k per year for next 7 years.

Tax isnt an issue, already in the top bracket, he just gets his money quicker and can use it.

To be honest I.d rather throw 700k at Zaharakis, save the two first rounders we'd need to land Kelly and draft Clark or Brayshaw this year and another mid next year.

I agree with what you'd rather do to.

The reason I think that he wouldn't (I obviously can only presume) is that he can pretty much dictate his pay. Why get paid less next year than this year? Other clubs probably wouldn't force him to front load?? If he came over his way there wouldn't be many/if any conditions attached for him.

I saw or read somewhere that the hawks may want to try to offload more senior players. Puopolo was mentioned as an example. Poppy, willie and Ryan as small forwards next year??

Apparently youngsters only deserve selection if they rack up 34 touches and 5 goals like Judd.

If Partington didn't demand selection after his last month for East Perth then none of our untried players have in the last 16 years.
Mate.....If you're going on pure numbers he had some good games but a lot of wasted stats....ordinary Masten like efficiency and no defensive side. It was the subject of much discussion with experts on ABC Sports talk prior to him getting picked.
I'd love to be wrong and him become a GUN.......guess we'll see.

Mate.....If you're going on pure numbers he had some good games but a lot of wasted stats....ordinary Masten like efficiency and no defensive side. It was the subject of much discussion with experts on ABC Sports talk prior to him getting picked.
I'd love to be wrong and him become a GUN.......guess we'll see.

I'm not going on pure stats, I think I saw three of the last four games he played for East Perth. On form he deserved to be in our 22.

This. So much this. Add Karpany to that list, got games by just being ok at EP
And so many guys played AFL by being subpar to terrible. Sometimes you drop players who aren't performing even if the guys underneath aren't smashing down the door. We've put up with average and selfish football for 2 years now in the seniors. The senior players are to blame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their concerns on Partington were fair. I'd like to think if the MC had reservations on a players disposal they wouldn't necessarily rush them in.

Thoughts on trading Shep??
It's a position we have plenty of good players in, and if we get a decent trade it might let Yeo play HBF full time (IMHO his best spot).
Is he worth more than Matera??
Worth more than Matera. Has genuine pace can play tall or small and one of the only guys who can lock down on a dangerous small like Grey, Betts etc

Worth more than Matera. Has genuine pace can play tall or small and one of the only guys who can lock down on a dangerous small like Grey, Betts etc
Also we arent playing yeo down back ft as we dont have a spot for him - its because we desperately need pace in the guts.

Yeo doesnt really have footy nouse to be a mid. Undortunately we are robbing peter to pay paul as hes aa down back and middling through the middle.

yours are on and off the field

giphy.gif

I have it on good authority Partington was overlooked for a long time by WC match committee as they did not rate his decision making, nor disposal.

I haven't seen him look too out of place so far - your clubs problems are off the field - a boys club with a load of yes men.
Oh we have a few players in our regular 22 with ordinary disposal (or at least inconsistent).

I will admit, I haven't exactly gone through every page in this thread. But does anyone know what our Warchest is looking like come this off season, especially with all these retirements etc? Are we able to say 'make it rain' and pick up an elite player (should the cards align).

I will admit, I haven't exactly gone through every page in this thread. But does anyone know what our Warchest is looking like come this off season, especially with all these retirements etc? Are we able to say 'make it rain' and pick up an elite player (should the cards align).
We've probably got the most money to spend that we ever have/will have. Ours was one of the only clubs that didn't have automatic increases tied into the player contracts and the salary cap, so when the salary cap went up it didn't get divided up amongst the players already on the list. That combined with the retirements and the drop off of players like Mackenzie should mean we've got a heap of money to throw around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back