2017 trade/draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dangerfield would still have wanted to go home to Geelong so it would have been a wasted pick.
That would not have been the problem for the captain hindsight experts. Could you imagine the complaints draft night about using a pick the club received for Judd on another Victorian kid who said pre draft he was going to stay in Victoria for another 12 months?

Here's a spanner in the works, maybe Masten was worthy of pick 3 but his development is the issue? Played a full year of senior WAFL football in 2007, one of WAs best players in the championship winning team (many at the time thought he should have won the Larke Medal).

Wouldn't be the only player Eagle drafted around that time that just floundered. 2007 was when Worsfold got a new contract extension, total power and all the good player developing assistant coaches like Harris, Micale, Ross and Wiley were shown the door.

Or is that taking the captain hindsight crap too far?

That would not have been the problem for the captain hindsight experts. Could you imagine the complaints draft night about using a pick the club received for Judd on another Victorian kid who said pre draft he was going to stay in Victoria for another 12 months?

Here's a spanner in the works, maybe Masten was worthy of pick 3 but his development is the issue? Played a full year of senior WAFL football in 2007, one of WAs best players in the championship winning team (many at the time thought he should have won the Larke Medal).

Wouldn't be the only player Eagle drafted around that time that just floundered. 2007 was when Worsfold got a new contract extension, total power and all the good player developing assistant coaches like Harris, Micale, Ross and Wiley were shown the door.

Or is that taking the captain hindsight crap too far?
Absolutely spot on. Our development was deplorable afterwards.

Everyone hated on Jones. He was even booed at times. Yet he help us win a premiership. You wait and see what Masto will do... #hatersgonnahate #mastoforprimeminister #yolo

Jones blocked and put his body on the line and tackled

Ask chris judd what he thinks about rojo

Rojo was a workhorse, wouldn't be much use in our team today. Back then we had Kerr,cousins and Judd who needed guys like rojo to block and do the 1 %ers

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Rojo was a workhorse, wouldn't be much use in our team today. Back then we had Kerr,cousins and Judd who needed guys like rojo to block and do the 1 %ers

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
agreed, but we need all players doing what RoJo did and that should be lead by the veterans. I have barely seen selfless footy in the last 10 years. 2015 we played selflessly but its been an anomaly since '07.

Workhorse/selfless or not, Rojo used to make my blood boil.

Surely did more harm than good playing him as much as we did (50-50 contest in the grand final aside)
That miss from 10m out against Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Workhorse/selfless or not, Rojo used to make my blood boil.

Surely did more harm than good playing him as much as we did (50-50 contest in the grand final aside)

Ask Chris Judd what he thought about RoJo.

Did the hard things and 1%ers that made the rest look good. You need that balance in any team.

That's because it allowed Judd to go all out attack.
Which is the point, you need someone to do the grunt work in order to make Judd do what he did.

No RoJo/Chick/Stenglein/Embley doing blocks and sheppards in packs and the likes of Cousins/Kerr/Judd have a harder time of it.

Everyone knows what Judd said regarding Jones.

But does did his blocking make up the rest of his game? Virtually played a man down, but it's cool he blocked for Judd?
I am sure you're aware how team sports are played.. not everyone is a star and players blocking, tackling, 1%ers and tracking the opposing teams damaging mids are vitally important to a teams structure.

Judd, Cousins and co definitely imply without Jones they wouldn't have been as good players or at least as damaging because they would have had to worry about their opponents more instead of knowing they had Jonesy covering their holes defensively whilst they burst forward. Was definitely a place in the side for a player like Jones back then. Not so sure he'd get a game nowadays.

Everyone knows what Judd said regarding Jones.

But does did his blocking make up the rest of his game? Virtually played a man down, but it's cool he blocked for Judd?
He took a good overhead mark did RoJo

Umm and he could block too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back