Not open for further replies.

Nev57

All Australian
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
subi
In 2018 we will potentially see the following midfielders who did nothing in 2017 due to injury or not being on the list.

Naitanui
Venables
Hunter Clarke / ?
Ah chee
Kelly / Shloithe

On top of that we will hopefully see midfield improvement with

Duggan
Partington
Cole

Look at Richmond and how they improved. It was across the board improvement with a team first attitude. Hopefully our Rioli can also add some spark and pressure up forward.

Yep not forget what Rioli and Watson could bring to the table get em fit and ready for round one

A number of players that it seems we should be looking at from other clubs all going elsewhere..

Matthew Kennedy to Carlton
Jake Stringer to somewhere other than the Bulldogs
Tom Rockliff to Port
Devon Smith to Essendon
Daniel Menzel to somewhere else

Even Impey!

All mid forward types, some more mid than others. Probably our weakest spot on the ground looking at LeCras and Hills efforts this year.

Only two of those that would actually have been attainable are Rockliff, who'd be a Priddis replacement in that he gets big numbers with no hurt factor, or Kennedy.

Smith and Impey wanted to go back to their home state, Stringer didn't want to leave Melbourne because his kids are there, Menzel is in no way a mid.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
KP players always worth more than mids of similar ranking. Ie. A feinge kp is worth more than a feinge mid. Schofield often got the job on Franklin and has played how many games copared to Ah chee?

You also conveniently ignored the pick swaps.
I used the AFL rated pick values to come out with an equivalent much like the initial post mooted Schofield being worth roughly pick 45. It gets a little complex when futures are involved, but the difference between a current 3rd/4th round pick and a future pick of the same round is negligible. It was also far less than convenient given there's maths involved rather than a simple single pick for player swap.

Apr 8, 2016
Vietnam
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
Wilson has close mates at Freo and grew up a Docker fan. His agent stated this morning that he only wanted to go to Freo and we were not given a chance.
He also played for Peel and aren't his parents/family in Mandurah or something like that? It has been reported he has bought a house in Cockburn already and makes it very convenient for both family and training if he is planning on starting a family (again which is reported as the reason for coming home I think).

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Blues are trying to get Matt Kennedy for pick 39, lol fair play to them

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
If that's the case we should swoop in with our pick 30 or future 2nd and pay him an extra 100-150 compared to what they will, we have the cap space.
On that, I think the club is quite wary of contracts coming up next season that would demands pay increases, including McGovern and Yeo.

bodazoka

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 12, 2008
Kalgoorlie
AFL Club
West Coast
Only two of those that would actually have been attainable are Rockliff, who'd be a Priddis replacement in that he gets big numbers with no hurt factor, or Kennedy.

Smith and Impey wanted to go back to their home state, Stringer didn't want to leave Melbourne because his kids are there, Menzel is in no way a mid.

I did say forward/mid TYPES, Menzel is better than some of the current FP/HFs we have. You mention Kennedy so you agree with that then? and my main point is that we don't seem to be looking at all.

Stringer, Rocky and Impey (and maybe others?) all had strong views about which clubs they wanted to go to. I'm not sure that's entirely within our control?

Rocky IMO has been shopping himself around for at least the last 2 years, I don't think he had a real preference outside of leaving Brisbane and cash, Menzel is similar IMO. I would of liked Kennedy for sure at our first rounder this year.

I did say forward/mid TYPES, Menzel is better than some of the current FP/HFs we have. You mention Kennedy so you agree with that then? and my main point is that we don't seem to be looking at all.

Kennedy is the only player you listed who we would be any chance of getting who I'd be interested in.

The club may or may not have pursued him and/or any of the others. They rarely do anything out in the open so how would we know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back