Not open for further replies.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Zaha turns to s**t when the tough gets going and quite frankly we have too many of his calibre. The bombers will contend soon and have so much midfield talent and he will looks a million buck in that midfield soon.

Bacchus

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2008
Down South
AFL Club
West Coast
Wish list

trade out masten for what ever we can get ( pick 30-40 in a weak draft )

Same with redden pick 35-50

Go hard for Zaharakis as a free agent who is an instant upgrade on masten .

Make a big offer to Hopper Gws . Could be our inside bull for 10 years .

B. Hurn Barrass Sheppard
HB . Yeo Mcgovern Watson
C . Zaharakis Sheed Gaff
HF. Venebles Darling Jetta
F. Cripps Kennedy Lycett/vardy
Foll . Natanui Shuey Hopper
int nelson Duggan Partington Cole
Wouldn't get a packet of soggy chips for Redden, looking like the worst trade ever.

Wouldn't get a packet of soggy chips for Redden, looking like the worst trade ever.
By west coast or all clubs?

You have a point if it's our worst ever trade but Richmond trading for Chris Yarran or Saints trading fir Andrew Lovett are just two off the top of my head that'd be worse than Redden

Bacchus

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2008
Down South
AFL Club
West Coast

You have a point if it's our worst ever trade but Richmond trading for Chris Yarran or Saints trading fir Andrew Lovett are just two off the top of my head that'd be worse than Redden
I was thinking only of West Coast. Can't remember a worse one, Brisbane would have been laughing all the way to the bank. I recall Redden being quoted as saying that Leppitsch didn't rate him. Sadly for us, Leppitsch seems to have been right.

Last edited:

Woobla Stainz

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2014
Perth NOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Real Madrid

Freo and Sylvia is one of the worst IMO haha Bennell been a bust so far too.

See most of Fremantles trading history for bad trades

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Zaha turns to s**t when the tough gets going and quite frankly we have too many of his calibre. The bombers will contend soon and have so much midfield talent and he will looks a million buck in that midfield soon.
Zaha averaged 4.7 tackles and 3.6 clearances last year .Way better than masten

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
Salary cap at Gws would be tight . Struggle to get midfield time .
Zaharakis is shuey mate get into his ear .

Don't really wany JJ . He runs and kicks it long every time . Most of the time it doesn't advantage a team mate . It would be like bringing in another wellingham .

JJ is pretty versatile can play HBf , Wing and also Fwd line he has played less than a 100 games another 2 or 3 years he will be a pretty good player ..

Convocation

Premium Gold
Jun 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
This has been taken from one of the papers in the eastern states who did all the hard work. Should be up-to-date given if was in today's paper. Apologies images don't line up. I couldn't attach my spreadsheet.

Image 1.PNG

Image 2.PNG

image 3.PNG

Image 4.PNG

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
With the new pay deal our 2017 salary cap just went up by 20% and unlike most other clubs we reportedly didn't include a clause in our contracts to automatically apply the CBA increase

This sounds like pretty good management to me and Vozzo deserves a tick for it and perhaps gives some light on reports our salary cap was tight at the end of last year.

Gives us some money to throw at potential recruits as well as having something up our sleeve to encourage Nelson and Sheed to ink new deals as the priority signings among players coming out of contract this year

Hopefully we get in Venables ear and get him to extend his contract beyond 2018
Not to mention Priddis/Wellingham/LeCras will all be on significantly less money next season, we could have a fair bit to play with. I imagine some of it would have gone to Shuey, however.

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Anyone hear SEN? Apparently us, Adelaide and Essendon have set up our contracts so that we get a decent amount of room when the increase comes, while other clubs have contracts that already cover the increase.

I didn't hear it myself only heard from a friend that it was something along these lines. Was just looking for more info about it if anyone has any.

This plus the downgraded contracts of EMac Prid and Lecca. Would give us a nice amount of room to resign some of our young guns. Maybe we are making a play at someone big?
Only just read this after I replied to Keys above, in regards to players being on less next season. Hopefully we have something good up our sleeves and don't waste money on another Wellingham / Redden type

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Zaha averaged 4.7 tackles and 3.6 clearances last year .Way better than masten
Different players. One is an outside crab and Zaha is an inside/outside player. Zaha is a very good player but we would need to give him something nice to lure him over and I don't believe it's worth it as Zaha turns to pop in a tag or when under pressure and I think for his quality and experience that's a bit of negative.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
This has been taken from one of the papers in the eastern states who did all the hard work. Should be up-to-date given if was in today's paper. Apologies images don't line up. I couldn't attach my spreadsheet.

View attachment 384222
View attachment 384223

View attachment 384224

View attachment 384225
Pedersen couldn't have timed his return to form alongside 'accidental' injuries to Gawn and Spencer any better.

Possibly would have been delisted if they both stayed fit. Is now one of the most in-form big men in the competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back