Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
Also on jack darling , I think he is Still a decent player but for sure he is not fulfilling his potential at all. Im ok with keeping him, but I do wonder if a change would actually be what's best for him also, just feels like one of those situations where a new scene could do him wonders.

One thing forsure tho, we have to get a KPF this year.. Were missing JK so bad. Or even another decent KPF and moving gov forward post Kennedy on a permanent basis.

Ben Brown from Norf is out of contract this year ..Maybe Rawlings can persuade him to move to Perth??
He would be a great pickup as Kennedy replacement..200cm and marks the ball at its peak .

Convocation

Premium Gold
Jun 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
What are people thoughts on the club chasing Tom Phillips, currently with the Pies?

Young player who in his own words is modelling his game on Isaac Smith. Has a massive tank, good left boot (73.6% DE) and given the challenge of being able to maintain a spot in a deep midfield at the pies (12 of 14 games), his obviously well regarded

His out of contract at the end of this year, and if he turns out like Smith would be a real asset. Currently averages 20 Disposals, 4.2 marks a game in 18 games total.

Would expect he’d take Masten’s spot, or Gaff if we traded him out.

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Agree with you Monocle, something has gone wrong in his game or the way he is being coached. He has gone from being a damaging third tall/KPF to barely affecting games. The fact that he hasnt contributed at all in the last few games is genuinely concerning.

Daring`s game v Melb he appeared to be playing a role to allow Petrie to present at the ball with the defencive height mismatch that Petrie had and seemed to work ..

Aug 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Ben Brown from Norf is out of contract this year ..Maybe Rawlings can persuade him to move to Perth??
He would be a great pickup as Kennedy replacement..200cm and marks the ball at its peak .

There's somebody I would throw the kitchen sink at. We so desperately need a Kennedy replacement. I would happily put our first on the table but I doubt it would be accepted.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
What's P.Cripps' contract status like? Is he holding off until the end of the year?

We need to throw all the money we can at him. EMac will be on a lower contract, LeCras will probably retire, Butler probably retire, we have the money.

Cripps signed a contract extension last year 2016 which will end in 2019 ..

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
There's somebody I would throw the kitchen sink at. We so desperately need a Kennedy replacement. I would happily put our first on the table but I doubt it would be accepted.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Do we desperately need a replacement though? Scoring goals hasn't been that much of a problem while he's been out, getting smashed in the midfield is a bigger problem imo and something we need to sort out as a priority before we look at a ready made key forward.

The Ghost Rider

Debutant
Jun 27, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
What's it going to take to get Andrew Gaff to the Giants?

Also hearing the bombers may be interested in his services but both would need to pay a packet to get him across.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

Also hearing the bombers may be interested in his services but both would need to pay a packet to get him across.
Look, I'd be really reluctant to do it but if you threw us Coniglio I guess we could bear to part ways with him

liam123

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast

I'd take a first rounder or a promising young kpf or a decent crumbling forward or a decent well rounded mid or...

The club won't trade him though I don't think

May 14, 2011
And I'm feeling so boohemian like you.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Brisbane Lions,
Definitely would do a Gov jr for Darling trade.......blah blah blah, so not a big difference in terms on age. Similar size and potential output.

If they have a similar output potential, and are seemingly like for like, why would you trade Darling if the trade is a nil all draw?

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Think Gaff is a bit like Shuey in that he has a strong attachment to the club and like Shuey and has come to lovng Perth. That said if he does go home it would be to Melbourne and I can't see the club shipping him off unless he requests a trade back home. His form in the last year has been poor but a bloody good footballer when he is going. His work ethic and work rate his high so I can see him finding his best form.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Think Gaff is a bit like Shuey in that he has a strong attachment to the club and like Shuey and has come to lovng Perth. That said if he does go home it would be to Melbourne and I can't see the club shipping him off unless he requests a trade back home. His form in the last year has been poor but a bloody good footballer when he is going. His work ethic and work rate his high so I can see him finding his best form.
If he remembers how to kick he certainly adds something to the team, I just feel like he's way too slow to be a really great outside midfielder and his lack of speed really limits how much damage he can actually do

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
If he remembers how to kick he certainly adds something to the team, I just feel like he's way too slow to be a really great outside midfielder and his lack of speed really limits how much damage he can actually do
He doesn't have blistering pace but IMO he isn't slow. That said he looks much slower this since. I rekon he is carrying a couple niggles/injuries. Not only does he looks slower but he struggles to get great depth in his kicking and he seems to be squibbing it a bit when he needs to win the ball (normally he doesn't do what masto does). He might just need a few weeks rest IMO.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
He doesn't have blistering pace but IMO he isn't slow. That said he looks much slower this since. I rekon he is carrying a couple niggles/injuries. Not only does he looks slower but he struggles to get great depth in his kicking and he seems to be squibbing it a bit when he needs to win the ball (normally he doesn't do what masto does). He might just need a few weeks rest IMO.
Nah, he's very slow imo, no acceleration whatsoever. He keeps on running and running but it's at one pace, he gets the ball but can't attack with it because he's got no speed to get any separation from his opponent.

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
If they have a similar output potential, and are seemingly like for like, why would you trade Darling if the trade is a nil all draw?
They are not like for like. One knows how to mark with his arms extended, the other marks in his hands with his elbows at 30 degrees right in front of his face. If we had the other this season, we'd be doing better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back