2017 trade/draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure he's saying that he squirts..

Playing very flippy floppy football at the moment that doesn't always stand up and has fallen away sharply of late , but has acted to the best of his ability, form has dived from where it once was.
Seems more interested in cricket than football.

I will show myself out .

Gold Coast will demand 2 first rounders for him - no thanks. He is talented but his light frame is not giving much in our midfield.

He has signed an extension so cannot see it happening
We can wait til he's a free agent. He's a star IMO but I haven't watched him for a year or so. May have stagnated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Nelson and Sheed re-signed, this is where our delistings/retirements will come from:

Contracted until the end of 2017 (9):
Eric Mackenzie - Signed 4-year contract (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) in June 2013.
Mark LeCras - Signed a 4-year contract (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) in June 2013.
Sharrod Wellingham - Signed a 2-year contract (2016, 2017) in August 2015.
Malcom Karpany - Signed a 2-year contract (2016, 2017) in October 2015
Josh Hill - Signed a 1-year contract (2017) in September 2016.
Sam Mitchell - Signed a 1-year deal (2017) when traded in October 2016
Sam Butler – Signed a 1-year contract (2017) in October 2016.
Tom Lamb - Signed a 1-year contract (2017) in October 2016

Never really doubted Sheed would leave nor Nelson for that matter but always happy to get our Victorian players like Nelson locked away.

Doesn't leave any priority signings coming out of contract at the end of this year

Our main priority now should be getting Venables to extend beyond 2018

Some hard decisions coming on the list if we want to make much more than the minimum three list changes

Butler and Lecras retired?

Lamb traded maybe

Mackenzie leaves as a FA?

Hill not given a new contract?

Mitchell retires which I'd rather he play on

Maybe Priddis reads to tea leaves and pulls the pin

McInnes, Snadden, Gorter and Tunbridge all fighting to keep a spot on the rookie list and Petrie most likely retires

2/3 Darling's last games have been very positive. If we get the balance right in our forward half he shouldn't be going anywhere... Must've been a stressful time these last few months. Bloke is younger than me and I can't even imagine having a family :D

Some hard decisions coming on the list if we want to make much more than the minimum three list changes

Lamb traded maybe

McInnes, Snadden, Gorter and Tunbridge all fighting to keep a spot on the rookie list and Petrie most likely retires
If lecras retires I'd keep hill.rioli is unproven and injury prone, but if we get Matera hill may be shown the door

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Lamb traded maybe

Butler is looking more like retiring - we may have seen the last of the Butman
Lecras - I would say is done and needs to retire but he may get another year (so long as he knows it is depth) and cannot see Freo offering $$$$ nor him leaving Perth
Hill - has not been that much of a favoured son but who knows. Playing him (and Lecras) ahead of Parto, Karps, Mutimer and soon to say Venables and Rioli will not be popular nor of any sensible
Will be interesting on the Petrie and Mitchell options - the majority are still regretting extending Priddis meaning Sam is more likely to coach (Saturday was another case of we cannot play them both) while Drew has been much more than I thought he would and deserves his spot in the side and looks far from cooked
I would like to see us offer eMac an extension but he may want to test FA. Based on recent form, he may attract a decent offer for 2 years
Lamb is interesting as he has improved yet not been given a game. Not sure there is anything to gain from a trade so expect to be delisted and go home.

Summary:
Main List: 4 Outs: Butler, Lecras, Lamb, Mitchell (should be Matt)

If lamb can show another couple of good wafl games playing further up the ground i'd happily give him a contract extension. He tried to get a trade end of last year and there were no takers. If it stays that way do we think he's worth a 1 year extension?

Lecras - I would say is done and needs to retire but he may get another year (so long as he knows it is depth) and cannot see Freo offering $$$$ nor him leaving Perth
Hill - has not been that much of a favoured son but who knows. Playing him (and Lecras) ahead of Parto, Karps, Mutimer and soon to say Venables and Rioli will not be popular nor of any sensible
Will be interesting on the Petrie and Mitchell options - the majority are still regretting extending Priddis meaning Sam is more likely to coach (Saturday was another case of we cannot play them both) while Drew has been much more than I thought he would and deserves his spot in the side and looks far from cooked
I would like to see us offer eMac an extension but he may want to test FA. Based on recent form, he may attract a decent offer for 2 years
Lamb is interesting as he has improved yet not been given a game. Not sure there is anything to gain from a trade so expect to be delisted and go home.

Summary:
Agree that Butler is a certainty to retire

Depending on salary cap limitations (which there shouldn't be with the 20% cap increase) I'd like to see us payout Giles for his 2018 contract and delist him as I struggle to see what he offers next year

Summary:
Agree with you Asterix. Gorter, McInness and Tunbridge should be gone from the RD at the end of the year too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back