2017 trade/draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zac Clarke delisted. Is he physically broken? If not would be happy to rookie list as our fourth ruck

The latest is former Essendon champion Matthew Lloyd, who believes Fremantle ruckman Zac Clarke is a better player despite receiving just a a fraction of the pay and publicity.

“To see Clarke take his seven grabs last weekend and the way he gets around the ground, I don’t think he lacks anything that Naitanui has,’’ Lloyd said.

“For all the talk that goes with Naitanui, I think this guy (Clarke) is probably a better player at the moment and has huge growth in him.

“I can see Zac Clarke being the best ruckman in the competition in the coming years, whereas I couldn’t say that for Naitanui at the moment.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...s/news-story/a8763d2f32941cb7ac444018a8c697b3

upload_2017-10-6_14-26-42.png

giphy.webp

The latest is former Essendon champion Matthew Lloyd, who believes Fremantle ruckman Zac Clarke is a better player despite receiving just a a fraction of the pay and publicity.

“To see Clarke take his seven grabs last weekend and the way he gets around the ground, I don’t think he lacks anything that Naitanui has,’’ Lloyd said.

“For all the talk that goes with Naitanui, I think this guy (Clarke) is probably a better player at the moment and has huge growth in him.

“I can see Zac Clarke being the best ruckman in the competition in the coming years, whereas I couldn’t say that for Naitanui at the moment.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...s/news-story/a8763d2f32941cb7ac444018a8c697b3

View attachment 425301

giphy.webp

giphy.gif

Boys if you want some lols please check out the latest travel thread on the main board.

Why are we letting freo get Wilson and Matera? Both would slot straight into our best 22 easily and both have their best footy in front of them.

Why are we letting freo get Wilson and Matera? Both would slot straight into our best 22 easily and both have their best footy in front of them.

Agreed. we like to sit on our hands in the trade period.... send our first picks for people like Wellingham

Not sure how wide to draw this but McInnes and Barrass were both injured at the end of the year they were drafted and were not able to do a preseason and hence their first year was a miss. I think Maginness was also injured when we drafted him.

Barrass no, dislocated a finger late in his draft year but played the whole national carnival. His first pre-season was affected by a hip injury which wasn't known about when he was drafted: http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2014-04-25/player-in-focus

McInnes yes.

Maginness no

Lamb maybe even Karpany

Lamb no, underage year was injury affected but not his draft year: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-15/meet-tom-lamb

Karpany no, played a full year for WWT across various levels including being BOG in the colts grand final, on top of his State duties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. we like to sit on our hands in the trade period.... send our first picks for people like Wellingham

Which is it, do we sit on our hands or trade our first rounders?

Both aren't heaps better than our current options and we'd have to give up overs to lure them. If they nominate Freo so be it, but I'd rather we don't do a Shane Kersten or Joel Hamling - not all homesick players should come and play for us.

We just got rid of a slow inside midfielder with poor kicking skills.

No thanks.

Gibson seems to me to be more of a slow outside midfielder with poor kicking skills.

It's quite funny that during the season our own players are spuds and no good and get smashed on here by our supporters.
Trade week comes around and no player is as good as what we have, everyone discussed no matter where they are from is a spud and we are a team of superstars under performing. Very funny stuff this time of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back