List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought against Collingwood it was the best a backline of ours had performed as a group since probably the Lyin years.

Our biggest issues by far have been the midfield (and getting smashed in the ruck against Melb and Coll) and our terrible kicking for goal. And running out of steam late against the better sides we've played. West Coast had 50 more disposals than us in the last and Geelong a whopping 70 more. Our pressure took a big dive after 1/4 time against Melb and they outscored us by 50+ from that point on.
This

LACHIE Whitfield has committed his future to the Giants as he burns up the track awaiting a Round 8 recall.

The Greater Western Sydney midfielder has two more weeks to serve of an ASADA ban after dodging a non-existent illicit drugs test.

Heavily linked to St Kilda despite being contracted for 2018, Whitfield was said to be upset with the fallout of his ban and treatment.

But Giants football boss Wayne Campbell told the Herald Sun Whitfield was happy to remain at the club.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ialSF&utm_source=HeraldSun&utm_medium=Twitter

LACHIE Whitfield has committed his future to the Giants as he burns up the track awaiting a Round 8 recall.

The Greater Western Sydney midfielder has two more weeks to serve of an ASADA ban after dodging a non-existent illicit drugs test.

Heavily linked to St Kilda despite being contracted for 2018, Whitfield was said to be upset with the fallout of his ban and treatment.

But Giants football boss Wayne Campbell told the Herald Sun Whitfield was happy to remain at the club.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ialSF&utm_source=HeraldSun&utm_medium=Twitter

Sensationalised headline. Wayne Campbell reading from Platitude 101. Nothing artlice for mine.

I thought against Collingwood it was the best a backline of ours had performed as a group since probably the Lyin years.

Our biggest issues by far have been the midfield (and getting smashed in the ruck against Melb and Coll) and our terrible kicking for goal. And running out of steam late against the better sides we've played. West Coast had 50 more disposals than us in the last and Geelong a whopping 70 more. Our pressure took a big dive after 1/4 time against Melb and they outscored us by 50+ from that point on.
I agree they were good against Collingwood, but to fair it was the worse forward line we have played

seriously into kelly now lads. Hes not the only star we are after tho, (fyfe cough fyfe) which should come as no surprise, as we are seriously taking a look at pretty much every uncontracted player.
Clubs just not going all in on one player tho at the moment, surveying all possible scenarios in order to try get best outcome for many years to come. so whether that means spending little less on kelly for one or two years and then back ending his deal in order to be able to get another gun either established player or highly rated youngster 19-23 year old in, or even seeing how or if we can afford to get in 2 established stars which could let to a squeeze out or two, we wait and see. We're making moves. 3 first rounders and millions ready to splash out is a very grouse position to be in.

Extremely keen on Martin, he's in brownlow form. Same age as fyfe and every bit as good. I reckon he's more of a pure midfielder(forward) while Fyfe is like a utility that plays midfield and forward. He's good for 25+ and goals weekly. The explosiveness is just something we don't have. he'll probably stay at Richmond but I'd be pissed if the club didn't have a genuine crack at him. They've gotta pay someone the big coin, I'd rather it be martin than rockliff.

I reckon our defence looks worse than last year and having two big lump backs stops the gorilla forwards but I think the backline with Dempster and Fisher worked better as we reloaded from the backline. We still need a full team defence but have some zoning and some one on one, It looks ordinary to me- he offers what we had with Delaney. I wish we had had a chance to see Dempster along side Carlisle, It would have looked much more balanced.
Seriously, two different issues.

Do we look because 2 have retired or because of Brown?

Brown has been awesome.

seriously into kelly now lads. Hes not the only star we are after tho, (fyfe cough fyfe) which should come as no surprise, as we are seriously taking a look at pretty much every uncontracted player.
Clubs just not going all in on one player tho at the moment, surveying all possible scenarios in order to try get best outcome for many years to come. so whether that means spending little less on kelly for one or two years and then back ending his deal in order to be able to get another gun either established player or highly rated youngster 19-23 year old in, or even seeing how or if we can afford to get in 2 established stars which could let to a squeeze out or two, we wait and see. We're making moves. 3 first rounders and millions ready to splash out is a very grouse position to be in.

IMG_3051.jpg

SEN very briefly mentioned this. Garry Lyon then speculated that if Whitfield is committing to the Giants then it appears likely that Josh Kelly will be on the move because GWS have accepted they can't afford him.

Make of that what you will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club should listen to its fans ,
Most of us want Rocky !
FFS make it happen you campaigners.
( apologies cough medicine & Whiskey) :drunk:

Tom Rockliff would be a great addition to our team. He's pretty much exactly the same age as Jack Steven so age profiling isn't really of concern

I didn't realise that, it's a great point, and I feel like he could play another five years without too many issues. He's completely different to Shaun Burgoyne but we'd hope he would have a similar effect - turn up at 27-28, help us win some flags, in the end play more games for us than the Lions.

I'm sold, let's do it!

The club should listen to its fans ,
Most of us want Rocky !
FFS make it happen you campaigners.
( apologies cough medicine & Whiskey) :drunk:
What if rocky is going hell for leather because it's his last contracted year and is chasing the $$$ only to then do an armo or Daisy Thomas and go back to spud like

I.e. we could be buying at his absolute peak here only for him to never get back there again

What if rocky is going hell for leather because it's his last contracted year and is chasing the $$$ only to then do an armo or Daisy Thomas and go back to spud like

I.e. we could be buying at his absolute peak here only for him to never get back there again
Then again he might be firing under the new coach... they are up and about this year.

Can't wait to see who gets pilfered from the GWS list this year. Would take Greene in a heartbeat. Hate the little campaigner but can play.
Would run rings around any small forward on our list and can play midfield.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back