List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't think a player has ever announced he's moving clubs mid season let alone to which side.

you dont need them to come out and announce it to know what is likely to happen (i.e. they stay or go)

look at danger everyone knew what was going on. buddy everyone knew. beej we knew. you might not always know the destination but you atleast know if he's going or staying

Don't think a player has ever announced he's moving clubs mid season let alone to which side.

If Fyfe (or Martin) are still unsigned heading into the second half of the season then it's highly likely they've agreed in principle to a deal elsewhere.
If that happens it won't be hard to work out where they're headed.

Brb: figuring out a trade for Dunstan and getting a big Saints logo with "Fyfe is Lyfe" as the motto tattooed across my chest.
Careful mate:eek:
My "Who Gives a Bugger we've got Plugger" tattoo i got in 1994 looked pretty silly in 1995:oops:

Careful mate:eek:
My "Who Gives a Bugger we've got Plugger" tattoo i got in 1994 looked pretty silly in 1995:oops:

And looks even sillier now given it's across your arse cheeks

you dont need them to come out and announce it to know what is likely to happen (i.e. they stay or go)

look at danger everyone knew what was going on. buddy everyone knew. beej we knew. you might not always know the destination but you atleast know if he's going or staying
Besides Danger, no one knew at the half way point of the season where those players were going.
I agree that the longer it drags out the more likely it is he'll leave, but to say we will know what the go is by th half way point is completely incorrect. Unless he has re-signed then no one will know what he's doing.

If Fyfe (or Martin) are still unsigned heading into the second half of the season then it's highly likely they've agreed in principle to a deal elsewhere.
If that happens it won't be hard to work out where they're headed.

Yep , we all knew where buddy was going. And there he is at GW.......WTF?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"I'm waiting until seasons end but can't see myself at any other club" = "I'm out of here at season's end."

Not even we could afford both if given the opportunity unless we moved on Steven or Armitage.

Cue the "where is Armo being traded to" 2017 edition.....

Besides Danger, no one knew at the half way point of the season where those players were going.
I agree that the longer it drags out the more likely it is he'll leave, but to say we will know what the go is by th half way point is completely incorrect. Unless he has re-signed then no one will know what he's doing.
I'm pretty sure everyone knew buddy was going. They just incorrectly guessed it was GWS. When hawthorn started resigning all their other players it was a dead give away

Anyways in the words of Freos list manager "i will start to worry if fyfe isn't re-signed by mid year"

Because how many clubs could afford them? And they won't go to a team that's not on the rise or is not a chance of success in the near future.
We can eliminate all non-Melbournian clubs immediately, given that one of the reasons he'd move is for media exposure. That leaves 10 options.

1 Hawks, 2 Geelong, 3 Bulldogs, 4 Collingwood can't afford him, either in money for FA, or picks for trade. They've already spent big to get their big names.

5 Kangaroos, 6 Carlton, 7 Essendon, 8 Richmond are all pretty undesirable, both in terms of culture and in terms of challenging in the foreseeable future.

That leaves 9 St Kilda, and 10 Melbourne. And as if he's going to go to Melbourne. Only washed up hacks and crazy people go to Melbourne.

Gotta say, when you look at it that way, the odds look good for us.

We can eliminate all non-Melbournian clubs immediately, given that one of the reasons he'd move is for media exposure. That leaves 10 options.

1 Hawks, 2 Geelong, 3 Bulldogs, 4 Collingwood can't afford him, either in money for FA, or picks for trade. They've already spent big to get their big names.

5 Kangaroos, 6 Carlton, 7 Essendon, 8 Richmond are all pretty undesirable, both in terms of culture and in terms of challenging in the foreseeable future.

That leaves 9 St Kilda, and 10 Melbourne. And as if he's going to go to Melbourne. Only washed up hacks and crazy people go to Melbourne.

I wouldn't rule out collingwood and Hawthorn so quickly. Long term deal means anyone can match the offer really

Melbourne has a stacked midfield. I doubt they would be bothered making a play for Fyfe. Nor would they be keen on paying the trade price.

I wouldn't rule Richmond out. They have a strong hand in the next draft (like us) and are a 'big 4' club. I know they have an ordinary list but Fyfe might be interested in going there. He even spoken of some affection he had for the Tigers after he won the Brownlow.

Stranger things have happened. But I agree, if Fyfe wants to leave Freo Saints would be a mighty attractive option.

I wouldn't rule out collingwood and Hawthorn so quickly. Long term deal means anyone can match the offer really
Will Hawthorn be able to create salary cap space for him once they've placed O'Meara on the LTI list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back