Status
Not open for further replies.

Moorabbin Ghost

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2015
Australia
AFL Club
St Kilda
Armo, Dunstan, Sinclair, Hickey/Longer, Bruce, Lonie, Paddy, Savage.

Not including players who've played less than 10 for us I'd say these guys could be on the table as players who are on the fringe.

Geez it's going to be an interesting trade period. I'd say Hickey/Sav/Dunstan are our preferred trade out options. I really rate all 3 so it's a strange situation. There could be merit in Bruce being traded too, especially if the return is amazing and Battle/Marshall are the real deal.

If it nets us two players the quality of Dusty, Kelly, Whitfield, Lever or Fyfe then I think I'm up for it.

Paddy?!!!
Untouchable.

I don't reckon I can ever recall wanting a player like I want jelly. He is an absolute star already and he's still just a kid in footy terms. I'll be awfully flat if we miss him..... But I have a feeling I'm not going to be disappointed

Touch wood

Seems north and the saints are gonna have to pluck a lot of draft picks out of nowhere to get all these players haha saints and the roos only clubs looking to actively trade lol
We have 2 firsts probably in the top ten in 2017 and next years to trade, dont know what Roos have

Paddy?!!!
Untouchable.

I have a very strong desire to pick up:

Fyfe and/or Kelly and/or Martin and/or Whitfield and/or Lever.

But that desire is no stronger than my desire to keep Paddy.

I certainly hope the club considers him untouchable (the p66 example of Cameron is fine as an illustration but of course something like that won't happen in reality)

How likely is it that Richmond match and force a trade for Dusty? Because no club has enough currency to trade for both Kelly and Martin. When wooing a restricted FA, you need to demonstrate how you could complete a trade if needed. I'd like to know how North fans believe they'll sufficiently appease GWS - who will want the world, and Richmond - who also will want a hefty amount.

Reading the tea leaves.. the champagne started popping around the same time North escalated their chase for Dusty around the same time St Kilda started seriously being talked about as in the frame for Kelly around the same time Josh spoke a lot of hot air at a presser

Last edited:
I'd disagree, but maybe we'd get something in return. Either way, we've got the currency with 3 firsts to get both Kelly and Lever while getting a 2nd rounder back this year.

Assuming we get Fyfe as a FA then the only issue we have is paying for all three. Trading both Armo and Hickey - who would both be surplus to needs - gives us that cash while also giving us another pick in the 2nd round (being really conservative and valuing Hickey as a 2nd while Armo goes for nothing).

If Hickey goes that means our backup first ruckman is either Marshall, Holmes or Pierce . Marshall is still unproven and raw . Holmes and Pierce struggled in the vfl so far . Longer is improving but what if he gets injured then we are screwed. We need a new ruckman hopefully we can draft one.

Sent via HAL

Got to be Hickey.
He is definitely the player with the best currency on the fringe of the 22.
He's no fool and I'm pretty sure the club would have indicated to him that they will be going with Longer as first ruck. I would imagine there's no way he wants to hang around playing in the VFL. With him being contracted too means the control is all in our hands. Would be a win/win for the Hick and the club if they have decided Longer is the way they want to go, which appears apparent right now.

Yep. Browne not sure what we offered, graphic had offer 8-9 and 1 mill +.

Saints tell Browne we have offered Kelly more money for less years, oh and we are looking at May.

All on the day Kelly presser with no committment to GWS. Classic ' concentrating on my football' and 'I love the club' etc.

Co-incidence? Unlikely.

Anyone gone to the norfy board to ask RUOK?

Surely it's more like the SAME money over less years? Not MORE money over less years?

Ie 9mil over 7 or something vs norfs 9 over 9?

I assume we're all happy paying jelly 1.3mil a year long term?
I would have said no way before this season...
But he's shown he's worth every cent with his form under intense spotlight this year.

With kelly, fyfe, martin etc all firmly in play on the open market... wouldn't it be fascinating to hear Moorabbin Ghost personal opinion on our top 4 prospects in 2018?

One footy fan to another MG... i reckon our 2018 top 4 prospects are a 5/10.
what do you reckon? ;)

Out of curiosity, how is it different to how North has handled it?

North came straight out with their offer all over the media. No one from the club has actually come out and said upfront that we are chasing him, nor what we are prepared to pay. Thus far it's all been media speculation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't reckon I can ever recall wanting a player like I want jelly. He is an absolute star already and he's still just a kid in footy terms. I'll be awfully flat if we miss him..... But I have a feeling I'm not going to be disappointed

Touch wood
funnily enough, I'll be touching wood if we get Jelly

Touch wood

All this talk of us of being in the hunt for all these big name free agents has me touching wood too!

Surely it's more like the SAME money over less years? Not MORE money over less years?

Ie 9mil over 7 or something vs norfs 9 over 9?

I assume we're all happy paying jelly 1.3mil a year long term?
I would have said no way before this season...
But he's shown he's worth every cent with his form under intense spotlight this year.

With kelly, fyfe, martin etc all firmly in play on the open market... wouldn't it be fascinating to hear Moorabbin Ghost personal opinion on our top 4 prospects in 2018?

One footy fan to another MG... i reckon our 2018 top 4 prospects are a 5/10.
what do you reckon? ;)

I'd give our chances a 7/22.

If Hickey goes that means our backup first ruckman is either Marshall, Holmes or Pierce . Marshall is still unproven and raw . Holmes and Pierce struggled in the vfl so far . Longer is improving but what if he gets injured then we are screwed. We need a new ruckman hopefully we can draft one.

Sent via HAL

Any ruckman we draft is going to be 4+ years away from playing. If we wanted a backup (which I don't think we'd need) then we'd trade for one. But that defeats the point as any ruck worth having is going to cost as much as what we'd get from trading Hickey.

Sent via HAL

Sam Hayes ? ;)

North came straight out with their offer all over the media. No one from the club has actually come out and said upfront that we are chasing him, nor what we are prepared to pay. Thus far it's all been media speculation.

Have they officially come out and verified the claims?

Not having a go, just thought all that we have heard about North and their offers has been through the media and media speculation as well :thumbsu:

Before posting this let me make one thing clear - I love Luke Dunstan, I haven't criticised him all year and I'm not going to, and I think he will be a terrific player for a long time. But if we were looking at Lever from Adelaide, would we consider trading Dunstan and a possible future 2nd rounder for him? Seems low on confidence and falling out of favour, on the fringe being in and out of the side over the last month. Is a South Australian and would fit in well with the Crows midfield in my opinion. Could be the fresh start he needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back