List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & Free Agency Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's the big fish Al Swearengens?

Well as this is the 2017 trade period thread. Am hearing there's moves a foot, not going to shot my wad early but yeah keep checking this thread over the next year or so.

One name keeps getting a run, could be an interstate type and we might be looking at a Buddy type deal.

Will drop some hints as this unfolds. This is very big!

Well as this is the 2017 trade period thread. Am hearing there's moves a foot, not going to shot my wad early but yeah keep checking this thread over the next year or so.

One name keeps getting a run, could be an interstate type and we might be looking at a Buddy type deal.

Will drop some hints as this unfolds. This is very big!
We have to look at throwing the kitchen sink at a big fish to make it possible for that player to want to come to North. With the amount of cap space we will have next year we just have to and everyone here knows it.

U can only imagine what type of offers will be thrown at a player like Fyfe next year from clubs and we have to be in it to win it.
I'm happy what we have got this year in low risk high reward deals but next year we go big and try our best to land a big one...

Last edited:

We have to look at throwing the kitchen sink at a big fish to make it possible for that player to want to come to North. With the amount of cap space we will have next year we just have to and everyone here knows it.

U can only imagine what type of offers will be thrown at a player like Fyfe next year from clubs and we have to be in it to win it.
I'm happy what we have got this year in low risk high reward deals but next year we go big and try our best to land a big one...

next year is the year, as these types of players come at trade cost and 2018 we will hopefully need our picks for Thomas and some FS's.
we have to be prepared to not be worried about draft selections and just get a ready made gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My wishlist would go something like

Fyfe >>>>>>>> Heeney

daylight

Kelly > Shiel > Martin

My wishlist would go something like

Fyfe >>>>>>>> Heeney

daylight

Kelly > Shiel > Martin
Really? Fyfe is an amazing footballer but he's coming off some serious injuries and is five years older than Heeney. Bontempelli would be at the top of my list but I don't see him ever leaving Western.

Really? Fyfe is an amazing footballer but he's coming off some serious injuries and is five years older than Heeney. Bontempelli would be at the top of my list but I don't see him ever leaving Western.
Yeah, I ******* love Nat Fyfe.

Clearly the best player in the league imo and, if he stays fit, will remain so for at least the next 5-7 years.

I understand preferring Heeney though, it's just that my personal preference would be Fyfe because of how much I like him.

Yeah, I ******* love Nat Fyfe.

Clearly the best player in the league imo and, if he stays fit, will remain so for at least the next 5-7 years.

I understand preferring Heeney though, it's just that my personal preference would be Fyfe because of how much I like him.
I can respect that. I'm a big fan too. Almost redefined footy in 2015 with his contested ability in the air and on the ground. Would have loved to see him go back to back for Brownlows this year. A lot more dynamic a player than Dangerfield.

I can respect that. I'm a big fan too. Almost redefined footy in 2015 with his contested ability in the air and on the ground. Would have loved to see him go back to back for Brownlows this year. A lot more dynamic a player than Dangerfield.
Yeah, it sounds kind of stupid, but I think the league missed him this year. He was just that dominant in 2015 that it just felt strange that he wasn't out there this season.

I hope he can get over his injuries and get back to his best. IMO he's a special, once in a generation type player to watch.

Yeah, it sounds kind of stupid, but I think the league missed him this year. He was just that dominant in 2015 that it just felt strange that he wasn't out there this season.

I hope he can get over his injuries and get back to his best. IMO he's a special, once in a generation type player to watch.
I don't think it's stupid. Thought the whole H&A season was a bit flat to be honest. A lot of ordinary games of football. Few stand out players having years of note. Luckily a good finals series redeemed the year a bit because it was a fizzer.

David Swallow plays the full year and we all get blood flowing because he's a ****in Jet! He decides he wants out because GC are s**t and heads to North!

However, I'll take Nat or Heeney

We should have 1.2m p/yr in the bank for a star!

Thats our war chest!
We should have a s**t load more than that in the coffers.

Offered 700k to treloar last year. Lost boomer,spud, petrie, wells (550k), dal (~450k). I'm assuming a number of players will have their contracts front loaded just to make up the minimum. Wood took over black's salary. I'd be shocked if we didn't have around 2 million to play with.

2017 trade period:
Heeney - 1.1 million a year for 6 years
Kelly - 850k a year for 6 years
Goldstein traded for picks = will free up a lot of money for players deserving of a pay increase.

2018 midfield:
Heeney, Cunnington, Kelly, Clarke

Rotating with:
Dumont, Ahern, Hrovat, Ziebell, Taranto, Mountford

I don't think it's stupid. Thought the whole H&A season was a bit flat to be honest. A lot of ordinary games of football. Few stand out players having years of note. Luckily a good finals series redeemed the year a bit because it was a fizzer.
Agreed.

As much as I dislike them, I think a largely subdued season was somewhat saved by the Dogs winning the flag and the romanticism and relief for their long suffering fans that came with it. I think a Hawks or Swans premiership would have put a boring cap on a very meh season.

Agreed.

As much as I dislike them, I think a largely subdued season was somewhat saved by the Dogs winning the flag and the romanticism and relief for their long suffering fans that came with it. I think a Hawks or Swans premiership would have put a boring cap on a very meh season.
It was a great run of wins and a ripping GF. Had a particularly good day because I managed to get an invite to #50's GF party and watched the whole game sitting next to Big Benny Brown.

There's probably no point dropping Fyffe's or Heeney's name considering they would be on the radar of 17 other clubs - with many having a greater history of actually getting big deals done.

Would happily take a Shiels, Swallow, Kelly, Whitfield rumour

We should have a s**t load more than that in the coffers.

Offered 700k to treloar last year. Lost boomer,spud, petrie, wells (550k), dal (~450k). I'm assuming a number of players will have their contracts front loaded just to make up the minimum. Wood took over black's salary. I'd be shocked if we didn't have around 2 million to play with.

2017 trade period:
Heeney - 1.1 million a year for 6 years
Kelly - 850k a year for 6 years
Goldstein traded for picks = will free up a lot of money for players deserving of a pay increase.

2018 midfield:
Heeney, Cunnington, Kelly, Clarke

Rotating with:
Dumont, Ahern, Hrovat, Ziebell, Taranto, Mountford

we trading Goldie again? this will be the fourth year in a row we are trading Goldie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back