List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & Free Agency Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it that bad? He is probably right in that next year should be a tough year unless our 20-23 year olds like Garner, Wood, Turner, Simpkin, Dumont, Clarke, EVW, Ahern, Neilson, Durdin etc all take a leap forward...Can that happen? Absolutely, but most outsiders wouldn't expect it. Lets face it as well...we want a season of blooding young kids with the hope they jump up but if they don't we can look forward to what could be an absolute star coming in next year in Rankine/Lukosious etc.

He hasn't got a great understanding of our list but he is probably correct in expecting we are expected to go a bit lower than last season. That might not be a terrible thing in the long term.
We know where we are at, he's just contradicting himself and pulling s**t out of his ass.

We need a separate thread for people to advertise who they are on twitter.

Directed at me?, I am just explaining why I think TW was wrong. and its the podcasts twitter anyway.

A tall forward?

Yes watching us last year I kept thinking where is our tall forward, we just don't have one, when oh when will we have a tall player that kicks goals?

tenor.gif

The list manager............from the man that brought you Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls with pick 8.

Save your outrage for someone worthier folks.

His track record is even worse than just that. For example, in 2004 he had five picks in the top 20 (including no 1 as a priority pick, something we never got). They were:

1. Brett Deledio
4. Richard Tambling (leaving Buddy there for Hawthorn at 5 :thumbsu:)
12. Danny Meyer
16. Adam Pattison
20. Dean Polo

This is indicative of a man who, frankly, doesn't actually know how to assess footballers.

His track record is even worse than just that. For example, in 2004 he had five picks in the top 20 (including no 1 as a priority pick, something we never got). They were:

1. Brett Deledio
12. Danny Meyer
16. Adam Pattison
20. Dean Polo

This is indicative of a man who, frankly, doesn't actually know how to assess footballers.

He's a certified snake oil salesman.

He employs maximum emphasis with minimal content.

People that don't see him coming, deserve what they get.

1. Brett Deledio
12. Danny Meyer
16. Adam Pattison
20. Dean Polo

Good god.

Out of interest, why would North delist Gibson? He’s been pretty consistent.
I remember when Pagan unexpectedly delisted Laidley. We found that he had a harder, faster flanker waiting in the wings, someone by the name of Pickett.

Would be brilliant if one of our newer players can show as much ability. The hardness would be a bonus.

nmfc corporate wear is shithouse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep pretty much sounds that Kelly and Dusty were plan A and like Brad, we didn't have a plan B as such...

Hi ho hi ho it's off to the draft we go....

Heath having a slight dig at the media "re: Destination Club"

We need a separate thread for people to advertise who they are on twitter.

I can't see a thing in any of those tweets and twitter is basically spyware that accesses all of your web traffic.

Don't bother getting me there folks, it is a very invasive site. I have canned it.

I'd prefer it if people just typed a short simple sentence, or an accompanying sentence.

Or Plan B was the draft?
The way these guys talk is as if clubs that didn't have a go at 2 of the best mids in the comp and are going straight to the draft have no plan whatsoever! EVERYBODY PANIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back