List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & Free Agency Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just got a like for a comment i made 77 pages ago.
Can you imagine when the poor bugger catches up and realises stuff all has happened.

Or hasn't happened more accurately

Ha don't wanna talk to flog Barrett on trade radio so we've created our own trade podcast? That's hilarious, love it.
Sounds like they wanna get guys like LMac, Ahern, Simpkin and other young guys into the midfield, so that's why Gibbo is gone.
Same with Mullett, clearly they want to give Hibberd, EVW and Williams a run in the back half next year.

Key points of the podcast:

- We have a three year list management strategy in place i.e tank for two years and then sign Josh Kelly.
- Wanted elite talent and aren't going to sign players just for the sake of getting someone in.
- DOB is a strong consideration when looking at talent.
- Club is very keen on shuffling picks around. They talked heavily about moving up, but hard to tell if they were referring to #4 or #22. From their wording you can almost guarantee a trade gets done involving pick shuffling.
- Regarding the delistings, we wanted to bring in four or five players in through the draft and Mullett and Gibson were just unlucky casualties of that mindset. They then praised the leadership that Waite and Thompson bring in regard to why they were kept.
- Don't expect anybody to be traded out.
- Language used regarding Mountford made him seem very much like a required player. Was brought up before Williams and Hibberd as far as young players who will step up in the abscence of Gibson/Mullett
- Very positive langauge used regarding Ahern. You get the feeling that Joyce is pretty excited about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back