List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & Free Agency Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we brought in Jones then Mullet is a huge chance to be sitting as depth.
At the moment Mullett >>>>>>>> Atley.

I actually like Jones as a footballer and wouldn't mind him here. He's a really aggressive, attacking runner out of half back and does his defensive stuff well enough.

At the moment Mullett >>>>>>>> Atley.

I actually like Jones as a footballer and wouldn't mind him here. He's a really aggressive, attacking runner out of half back and does his defensive stuff well enough.

I expect Atley to be traded.

imho .. thats what it will take .. gws isnt giving kelly away for peanuts. they will demand the same as treloar at a MINIMUM .. and kelly is much better than treloar imho.

My fear is they demand one of Simpkin, Garner or Wood.

I would trade none of them, not because they are better than Kelly, but because they are all exactly what we need too - creative, talented, hard to match up forwards.

Say we get pick 3. I would trade that and Goldy for Kelly and something else from GWS like a pick around 25 - 30. Or pick swap that gets us up around there.

You have to give up quality to get quality, but there's no point getting in a Kelly if you're trading out the assets he's being brought in to help reach their own potential.

People need to be realistic. Hard to think of a player of Kelly's quality and crucially age being traded.

You mention Treloar being better than Kelly and I agree. If Treloar was an 8.5 then Kelly is 9.5.

We are going to have cough up a pile of gold to get the diamond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Jones moves he'll be looking to play midfield, not off halfback.

I think he needs to. He's a great burst player and has a good kick on him too. He is made for the midfield for mine.

We have 2 midfielders really at the moment in Cunners and Dumont. JZ is playing there but I see him perhaps transitioning to a mid/hf over next few years. Swallow will be finished soon and Higgins is 29 and injury prone.

We have some young up and comers but Jones would be a great addition for us if we can get him.

Some of these trade speculations have me shaking my head.

Tom Mitchell, a 70 game player who has averaged over 28 disposals in his last 50 games, went to Hawthorn for pick 14 and change.

People are throwing up some completely ridiculous trades..

Tom Mitchell, a 70 game player who has averaged over 28 disposals in his last 50 games, went to Hawthorn for pick 14 and change.

But Mitchell is a classic DreamTeam player.

He is a quality player but his possessions are rarely damaging.

Round the back handpass merchant.

Compare and contrast to Kelly getting the ball on the wing, taking a bounce then putting it just so with a 50m laser for Benny Brown to seize at the proverbial highest point 35m from goal on a slight angle.

Ideally you need to be trading with a club that has or will likely face cap issues and will see themselves contending in the medium term. In other words, willing to part with an expensive player.

Like, GWS.

:thumbsu:

Ideally you need to be trading with a club that has or will likely face cap issues and will see themselves contending in the medium term. In other words, willing to part with an expensive player.

Like, GWS.

:thumbsu:

They will cop our 1st rounder and bolt out the door. Otherwise, we front load him and get him in the PSD for nix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back