List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & Free Agency Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will cop our 1st rounder and bolt out the door. Otherwise, we front load him and get him in the PSD for nix.

That won't happen.

We will deal with them and pay a good price.

Kelly himself will demand as much.

What do you value Ats at?

I have no problem trading Shaun if it gets Kelly in the door.

Personally I see him as a makeweight or a second rounder at best. Could probably flourish at a team like the Swans letting everybody else around him do all the hard work.

I'm not sure why anyone would be worried abount a good player pushing out not good enough players out of our side, especially when said added player is in a young age demographic.

Zak Jones is already as good as Ziebell, has genuine leg speed around the contest, I'm guessing that's what would appeal to the list managers.

Anyone who doesn't want us to chase Zak Jones hasn't seen enough Zak Jones. Gun kid.

Exactly, he will be better than his brother, has genuine leg speed as well.

I like Zak Jones but I worry about who he'd push out. If it's Gibson I'm all for it but it might see guys like Mountford looking elsewhere.
Mountford isnt in the best 22 so that doesnt matter anyways, also Jones is a proven gun, unlike more than half of our list.

That won't happen.

We will deal with them and pay a good price.

Kelly himself will demand as much.

Our 1st round pick IS a good price.

I'm confused. What is live trading?

Is that - "s**t they took the kid we wanted to draft. Hey carlton we will trade you atley and pick 20 to get pick 12 so we can get the other kid we wanted"?????

If that's ot the draft will take 12 hours to finish and be anarchy. Some teams would make off like bandits because another didn't have enough time to mull it over properly. Thank goodness we have draft guru cameron joyce at the helm (not sarcastic. I like him).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re Zak Jones, he looks like he could end up being a well rounded midfielder, both inside and out, but he gets a lot of uncontested pill. Is he playing off half back or something?

They will cop our 1st rounder and bolt out the door. Otherwise, we front load him and get him in the PSD for nix.

Would i be right in saying that the only club that could finish below us and match a big front loaded contract would be Carlton if they finish below us?
Especially if Gibbs is gone and the Thomas contract is renegotiated.

Re Zak Jones, he looks like he could end up being a well rounded midfielder, both inside and out, but he gets a lot of uncontested pill. Is he playing off half back or something?

All of the JLT and round 1 he played midfield, but was pushed out as players come back in.

He'll want to play midfield if he leaves and i think he can.

Is that - "s**t they took the kid we wanted to draft. Hey carlton we will trade you atley and pick 20 to get pick 12 so we can get the other kid we wanted"?????

If that's ot the draft will take 12 hours to finish and be anarchy. Some teams would make off like bandits because another didn't have enough time to mull it over properly. Thank goodness we have draft guru cameron joyce at the helm (not sarcastic. I like him).
Pretty much. The AFL are starting to mimick the NFL and NBA. Which I'm not totally against.

Watch the NFL draft tomorrow to get an idea.
It would be great to have in the AFL but the only way i can see it working properly would be if clubs had more power over player movement.

Anyone who doesn't want us to chase Zak Jones hasn't seen enough Zak Jones. Gun kid.
Yeah he would be a great acquisition. Can play. :stern look

Exactly, he will be better than his brother, has genuine leg speed as well.
I rate Nathan. Did so as a kid and his career hasn't disappointed. So if Zak ends up being a better player than Nathan then s**t he will be good. :stern look

That's exactly what it is. Just like in the NFL.

Except.. as always we cherrypick the bits we like and don't like.

Live trading? Sure. But no priority picks? Well we need to sort that out.

You call it a 'combine'? No idea what that means but we love itl! We'll do that. Oh fyi we have this bastardised academy thing we want to keep for the NE to pick the eyes out of the best kids who attend.

Free agency! Free agency for everyone just like the NFL! Oh, publication of player wages? What the.. oh you're dropping out...

Twilight grand final! Yes! What, but you get there via an uncompromised draw? Ew.

Yeah he would be a great acquisition. Can play. :smirking look

I rate Nathan. Did so as a kid and his career hasn't disappointed. So if Zak ends up being a better player than Nathan then s**t he will be good. :happy look
That's better.

Would i be right in saying that the only club that could finish below us and match a big front loaded contract would be Carlton if they finish below us?

Especially if Gibbs is gone and the Thomas contract is renegotiated.

I don't know buddy.

Our 1st round pick IS a good price.
If Trealor is market price then our first and a sweetner will be required. Collingwood got Trealor and pick 28 for pick 7, 2016 first round and 65.

If we finish 4th last I reckon 4 and mid to high 20's pick is about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back