Oppo Camp 2017 Trade & Free Agency Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i answered this earlier, but i'll do it again for clarity (might have been a different thread)

the multi-cultural academy players are available to everyone in the Draft, there's some conflict over whether there is bidding - some articles mention it, others don't - but whats known is,
IF they aren't taken we can list them as Cat-B rookies, so they're development kids really, which is a big +ve for 'country' aboriginal players moreso than 'city' aboriginal players as IMO it makes it easier to avoid a dayle garlett/liam jurrah situation as this ought to allow these players to settle into the professionalism of a club without the pressure to instantly perform as they're always compared to their peers

This year just past the one player we had coming through that i can remember was Kayle Kirby who was picked up by Collingwood. If they didn't and no-one else did then we would have had the option to get him as Cat-B for nothing
Are you piecing this together from what you've read ?

ddc1eef6af17f8defda345b5a3572182.jpg

Damn. One of the ones I really wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has been unlucky with injury. Watch him dominate this year. Has all the ingredients.

Unlucky? Or just not 'big' enough? Dod his shoulder in his first game vs us. Always thought he wouldnt have the body to play afl.

Will watch him closely now

I was reading some sports news this morning, and in an NRL article I saw that one of the Brisbane players, Ben Hunt, had decided to sign with Illawarra on a very large deal from the season 2018 onwards. He is still playing for Brisbane this season and doing all the preseason positive talks with fans.

But it got me wondering, I don't think AFL fans would react the same way, I don't think we support the club>player quite as much. No player in particular, but lets say a Fyfe, Martin, Kennedy etc came out and said they would be playing for a different club in 2018, would we still treat them the same for this year and would it be good to stop the media nonsense?

Last edited:
Was watching that video about the caddy trade, you know the Spanish guy laughing.
Geelong need to trade in a first round pick. We have two. In fact we have Geelongs.

Hypothetically, what could Geelong give us that we would give up a 1st round pick for?

On HUAWEI LYO-L02 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was watching that video about the caddy trade, you know the Spanish guy laughing.
Geelong need to trade in a first round pick. We have two. In fact we have Geelongs.

Hypothetically, what could Geelong give us that we would give up a 1st round pick for?

Dangerfield or gtfo

They could give us Deledio back. Oh wait...:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kolodashnikov

We really need a tall forward.

Would throw the kitchen sink at 2m Peter. We will have the picks to make it happen.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm quite certain he just re-signed.

Assuming we hold onto dusty, and I'm fairly confident we will, KPF should absolutely be the focus ahead of another mid.

Don't know who that is right now but we have 2 first rounders to play with and at least 1 of them should go towards a genuine gun key forward, it is the major hole in our side this year

Assuming we hold onto dusty, and I'm fairly confident we will, KPF should absolutely be the focus ahead of another mid.

Don't know who that is right now but we have 2 first rounders to play with and at least 1 of them should go towards a genuine gun key forward, it is the major hole in our side this year
We havent bought our way out of trouble since the salary cap was introduced. We need to recruit our own guns. Our kpp's have been lacking for years. This hasnt just crept up on us...
Move on pal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back