Oppo Camp 2017 Trade & Free Agency Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SYDNEY Swans key forward Sam Reid looms as this year’s most attractive tall free agency target as clubs sweat on a $2 million boost in the salary cap.

The Victorian-born swingman has enjoyed the best start of his injury-marred career this year and remains out of contract at season’s end.

Reid, 25, has produced career-best results in goals (2.2), score involvements (5), marks (5.4) and disposals (14) over the first five rounds.

FREE AGENT: REID WANTS TO STAY WITH SWANS

POOR FORM: SAD EXIT LOOMING FOR SWANS STAR JACK

SYDNEY DERBY: GIANTS NOW BULLIES IN SWANS BACKYARD

Rival clubs including Richmond and Collingwood are searching for an established key forward and are waiting on an the AFL and the Players’ Association to confirm an expected 20 per cent increase in player payments as part of the protracted CBA negotiations.

The Tigers lost big man Tyrone Vickery to Hawthorn last year and key prong Ben Griffiths is battling a concussion problem, while Collingwood remains heavily reliant on third-year spearhead Darcy Moore.

Richmond is also circling Brisbane young gun Josh Schache but the Lions are confident he will stay under new coach Chris Fagan.

d5d59455bd68ac46f7694427760bf842

Sam Reid is a free agent at the end of the year.
0fd520740ef463b7963365e603dd8ab4

Brisbane youngster Josh Schache.
Reid’s management is expected to meet Sydney officials about contract talks next month, but the 196cm swingman is in no rush to sign after an injury-ruined 2016.

Reid did not play a single game last season due to a troublesome Achilles injury but is confident he has put those problems behind him, completing a full preseason.

This year’s free agency pool is headlined by superstar midfielders Nathan Fyfe and Dustin Martin, leaving Reid and Port Adelaide’s Jackson Trengove as the top key position targets.

Reid has repeatedly said he was happy to stay in Sydney, citing there was “not really any reason for me to look elsewhere”.

However, a lucrative and long-term offer from a Victorian rival could yet tempt the prized marking target to return home.

Industry sources said a fully-fit Reid was worth more than $650,000 a season.

2af355f15eb2128b5d64afee68ffbb05

Collingwood's Ben Reid outmarks his brother, Sydney’s Sam Reid. Picture: Phil Hillyard
Reid’s brother, Ben, told the Herald Sun last year he was keen to play alongside his sibling.

“He loves it up in Sydney, but I would love to play with him, no doubt,” Ben Reid said.

Sydney may be unable to afford another high-priced goalkicker, with star duo Lance Franklin and Kurt Tippett reportedly sharing in almost $2 million a year between them this season.

The Swans have also had to factor in significant pay rises for young stars Isaac Heeney and Callum Mills and midfield superstar Daniel Hannebery, who has finished top-five in the Brownlow Medal in the past two years.

89efe76f4c20e2083a55795d727d352a

The AFL abolished Sydney’s controversial cost of living allowance (COLA) which permitted the Swans just shy of an extra $1 million in its salary cap until this season.

The Swan can walk to the club of his choice under free agency rules in October after serving eight seasons in red and white.

A free agency move could secure Sydney a second-round compensation pick, depending on the terms of his deal at a new club.

Sydney has endured its worst start to a season in 23 years and will attempt to secure its first win of the season against Carlton at the MCG on Saturday.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate ,Need the audio after the last 2 goals of the crowd noise.
Could you please send it to the following.
Schache
Hopper
Kelly
Lever
Oh and one to Treloar for the LoL,s
Funny you say that, When watching the replay, I instantly thought about Prestia and Caddy when Caddy kicked the sealer. You can tell Caddy loved it, it appears he loves the attention, but I wish the camera had have caught Prestia at the same time. I imagine he would have just had a look around with the Biggest smile on his face!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny you say that, When watching the replay, I instantly thought about Prestia and Caddy when Caddy kicked the sealer. You can tell Caddy loved it, it appears he loves the attention, but I wish the camera had have caught Prestia at the same time. I imagine he would have just had a look around with the Biggest smile on his face!
Doubt Prestia would have faced a bigger crowd while up in the GC in total.:D

We ve positioned ourselves well with r1 picks to exploit this need either trade or invest in draft . Schashe for mine 1 X r1 and bachelor
No team would except Batchelor as part of a trade. He'll be delisted.

I would definitely be in the ear of Harry Dear, 198cm / 104kgs and looks to be behind a few players and considering the injuries to Jenkins,McGovern still doesn't get a look in. Looked extremely mobile and dangerous in the Jlt series and would come cheap

I would do S.Edwards+4th for Dear+3rd
We would clear another $300k off the cap as well, Shane will be superseded in a year anyway

I would definitely be in the ear of Harry Dear, 198cm / 104kgs and looks to be behind a few players and considering the injuries to Jenkins,McGovern still doesn't get a look in. Looked extremely mobile and dangerous in the Jlt series and would come cheap

I would do S.Edwards+4th for Dear+3rd
We would clear another $300k off the cap as well, Shane will be superseded in a year anyway

not giving up Edwards for a guy who can't get game despite injuries. Had 2 poor SANFL games, much rather Himmelberg who is already more consistent.

not giving up Edwards for a guy who can't get game despite injuries. Had 2 poor SANFL games, much rather Himmelberg who is already more consistent.
Im just going by Dear's jlt form and he looked really potent in the games i watched, If its Himmelberg then thats fine but im of the thought that Shane is 28/29 and not really going to be a need and if we can cash in his value in a trade for a player that will fill a need then im all for it

Im just going by Dear's jlt form and he looked really potent in the games i watched, If its Himmelberg then thats fine but im of the thought that Shane is 28/29 and not really going to be a need and if we can cash in his value in a trade for a player that will fill a need then im all for it

I'm all for cashing in but think you're under selling edwards value, he is a walk up start in every team bar GWS and makes them better (if fit). Young talls on the other hand taken in the 3rd round not playing senior footy have no value, if we cab talk either into coming it won't cost much unless they start performing at AFL level.

Personally think we should have taken Stewart or Richards last year.

I'm all for cashing in but think you're under selling his value, he is a walk up start in every team bar GWS and makes them better (if fit). Young talls on the other hand taken in the 3rd round not playing senior footy have no value, if we cab talk either into coming it won't cost much unless they start performing at AFL level.

Personally think we should have taken Stewart or Richards last year.
He wont get a look in at
Bulldogs
Adelaide
Geelong
Gws
Essendon
Melbourne

He wont get a look in at
Bulldogs
Adelaide
Geelong
Gws
Essendon
Melbourne

Bulldogs - Edwards would get in ahead of Lin Jong in my opinion.
Adelaide - Milera, Troy Menzel
Geelong - Darcy Lang
GWS - Nope
Essendon - Josh Green
Melbourne - Billy Stretch, Kennedy-Harris

This is based on the players that played on the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back