Oppo Camp 2017 Trade & Free Agency Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking like it's all but a certainty that one of Schache, Reid or Gunston will be lining up for us at CHF in 2018.

This side is absolutely flying this year, despite dropping 3 winnable games and letting a 9-1 start slip away. We've had decent injuries so far and are fielding one of the youngest teams in the comp. A lot of us, including myself, were not expecting a finals year in 2017.

Top 4 next year if we keep Dusty and get one of the 3 CHF's above.

Looking like it's all but a certainty that one of Schache, Reid or Gunston will be lining up for us at CHF in 2018.

This side is absolutely flying this year, despite dropping 3 winnable games and letting a 9-1 start slip away. We've had decent injuries so far and are fielding one of the youngest teams in the comp. A lot of us, including myself, were not expecting a finals year in 2017.

Top 4 next year if we keep Dusty and get one of the 3 CHF's above.
We need a chf who is also capable of rucking. That'd be my preference otherwise you are looking at a chf and another tall capable of giving Nank a chop out, then we lose some of that ground level pressure. Hope our list managers think this one out and target someone that fits the role come trade period this year

We need a chf who is also capable of rucking. That'd be my preference otherwise you are looking at a chf and another tall capable of giving Nank a chop out, then we lose some of that ground level pressure. Hope our list managers think this one out and target someone that fits the role come trade period this year

Griggs looks the goods for another year atleast

Just mentioned on SEN that Richmond have been talking with Jack Gunstons people and we are eager to get him

would be a great get, and with hawks sucking s**t gettable now

Schache can pinch hit in the ruck in a similar mould to Tom Boyd. He's 199cm, so the same as Nank and a willing ruckman when called upon.
Yeah im all for chasing Schache. Would give up our first this year for him.

Is Gunston a FA ?
Wouldn't be worth trading for imo, need to give up to much.

hawks will be rebuilding though, and they have nuttin thanks to their JOM and Tom trades - they need round one picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pros and Cons of the 3 likely CHF targets in the 2018 trade period:

Schache - 1st Rd + 3rd Rd + pick swap, roughly 600-700k
Pros:
Youngest, highest ceiling, ruck assistance

Cons:
Lots of unknowns, potentially expensive

Reid - FA, roughly 600-700k
Pros:
Cost effective (FA), ready made, ruck assistance, swingman ability

Cons:
Injury prone

Gunston - 1st Rd + pick swap, roughly 600-700k
Pros:
Genuine A grader, capable of 40+ goals, invaluable experience

Cons:
Potentially expensive, no ruck assistance, not a genuine pack marking CHF

I think the only way to decide between the lot will be what each would cost us come trade week. The most cost effective of the 3 is Reid, obviously. Gunston is the ready made goal kicker. Schache is the long term investment that I think will pay dividends as soon as he's in the 22.

We need players with abut of mongrel and arrogance about them., Gunston, Reid and shack have none of that. all a fraction soft which is def not what we want, can't believe we wouldn't have a crack at Sicily

We need players with abut of mongrel and arrogance about them., Gunston, Reid and shack have none of that. all a fraction soft which is def not what we want, can't believe we wouldn't have a crack at Sicily

He's too small if we're looking for a CHF. Only 189cm. Would be a good pickup, but not the answer to our CHF woes.

Silicy is exactly what we don't need. A 6'2 forward who is not versatile, can't help in the ruck and is a FIGJAM.

hawks will be rebuilding though, and they have nuttin thanks to their JOM and Tom trades - they need round one picks
I wouldn't do a R1 pick for Gunston, keep the picks and back in our new recruiting man.
I just think we need to continue to build depth via the draft. Immediate needs via FA.
So far so good with our superstars no injury concerns but now is the time to start looking at another kpf/kpb and inside mid. Reiwoldt and Rance wont be around for ever.

I wouldn't do a R1 pick for Gunston, keep the picks and back in our new recruiting man.
I just think we need to continue to build depth via the draft. Immediate needs via FA.
So far so good with our superstars no injury concerns but now is the time to start looking at another kpf/kpb and inside mid. Reiwoldt and Rance wont be around for ever.

we need a key forward, and they dont come cheap. I'd pay a round one for gunston

we need a key forward, and they dont come cheap. I'd pay a round one for gunston
no worries, agree to disagree. A 3rd tall while very handy wouldn't have been our biggest or most important area to address in relation to mature recruits. Ruck stocks are thin and a genuine kpf is a higher priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back