Oppo Camp 2017 Trade & Free Agency Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what you're saying here or what relevance RFA or UFA would have if the qualification period ran concurrently with the standard playing contract. The contracts still run until the end of October but the qualification period runs for another 5-6 months after that. What does it matter if you qualify on the 1st of November or the 1st of March? You're still in the final year of your contract just means there's less incentive for the player to sign until after that period ends.

Only thing I can think of is that AFL/AFL PA doesn't want in season negotiations and other clubs making offers to players. Happens anyway so again it's moot.
The relevance is the distinction between players being RFA and UFA and how they come to that conclusion clearly, after all that is what we are discussing. I think the afl just picked an arbitrary date and a line between the 2. There doesn't seem to be a real reason for this, and maybe that is all there is 2 it. We wont this until we can get an explanation. I get where you're coming from as there doesn't seem to be a clear answer.

If we were going to give up picks for a player, it should be Josh Kelly from the Giants. With the Giants losing 1000 daft point, it effectively means that, if they win the Premiership (VERY real possibility), they don't have a first rounder. On the basis of them needing points for academy picks, we could get Kelly cheaper than what we may have been able to before the Whitfield saga.

If we were going to give up picks for a player, it should be Josh Kelly from the Giants. With the Giants losing 1000 daft point, it effectively means that, if they win the Premiership (VERY real possibility), they don't have a first rounder. On the basis of them needing points for academy picks, we could get Kelly cheaper than what we may have been able to before the Whitfield saga.
I do agree that GWS is the best place to go to do a trade as they have been extremely good to deal with with most clubs getting players they want for unders imo.

I dont believe that Josh Kelly will be wanting to move 'yet' But word is that Jacob Hopper is the player that wants out and would be a great get and Mathew Kennedy is another i would be trying to shake loose both will become very very good midfielders

I do agree that GWS is the best place to go to do a trade as they have been extremely good to deal with with most clubs getting players they want for unders imo.

I dont believe that Josh Kelly will be wanting to move 'yet' But word is that Jacob Hopper is the player that wants out and would be a great get and Mathew Kennedy is another i would be trying to shake loose both will become very very good midfielders

We now have a strong inside mid presence. Our outside runners, or quality outside mids are lacking. Kelly is a much better fit for us now than Kennedy is, but Kennedy will be a gun.

We now have a strong inside mid presence. Our outside runners, or quality outside mids are lacking. Kelly is a much better fit for us now than Kennedy is, but Kennedy will be a gun.
Rioli,Markov,McIntosh,Drummond,Bolton,Bellis But can never have enough quality Inside mids plus Martin,Cotchin,Prestia & Caddy can also play outside as well

But hey- I wouldnt knock back Kelly but dont believe he will be getable

Josh Kelly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old upload on Dusty's dads Instagram, you'd have to imagine it's his leg. For a supposed diehard Saints fan, that's a pretty damn good way to say they love Tigerland.

Attachments

• 15966339_1148248671962467_1022759853_o.jpg
    15966339_1148248671962467_1022759853_o.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 5
The one player I would absolutely love to land in 2017 trade period is Steven May. Great defender who plays on the bigger bodied forwards. Would free up Rance a lot more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one player I would absolutely love to land in 2017 trade period is Steven May. Great defender who plays on the bigger bodied forwards. Would free up Rance a lot more.
Was really hoping we would have a crack at his partner Rory Thompson who until recently wasn't signed past this year. Another genuine gun tall at either end would be more than welcome

Been harping on this for awhile now.Don't trade for any GWS players that will land them 1st or 2nd rnd picks otherwise they will dominate the comp for years to come.They will be forced to let players go at a cheap rate or via the PSD if every club agrees that the only clubs that will benefit from this would be the lower clubs for a short period of time.Rather that than the way its currently heading.

Old upload on Dusty's dads Instagram, you'd have to imagine it's his leg. For a supposed diehard Saints fan, that's a pretty damn good way to say they love Tigerland.

And on the other leg he could get Dusty in a St Kilda jumper !

Ben Lennon has a massive tiger on his torso, Before it was finished asked for a transfer

Was really hoping we would have a crack at his partner Rory Thompson who until recently wasn't signed past this year. Another genuine gun tall at either end would be more than welcome

I think a key defender is a much more pressing need than a Key Forward. If we play 2 forwards (Jack and Griff), we still have Elton who can come in if one of them go down. If Rance/Astbury goes down, we only have young kids, or Batchelor to come in who would be undersized for the role he would have to play.

I think a key defender is a much more pressing need than a Key Forward. If we play 2 forwards (Jack and Griff), we still have Elton who can come in if one of them go down. If Rance/Astbury goes down, we only have young kids, or Batchelor to come in who would be undersized for the role he would have to play.
Didn't Elton play 90% of last year down back?

Didn't Elton play 90% of last year down back?

Played up forward when he was given the games at AFL level. He and Chol swapped at VFL level. Chol started forward, Elton back. Halfway through they swapped with Elton forward, Chol back.

That bad eh! Cant even go back to cover an injury.

He could go back, but his defensive game isn't very strong. He is a much better forward than he is a defender by the length of Flemington straight.

What is our fascination with drafting Key Forwards and trying to play them as defenders?

Schulz, Gourdis, Griffiths, Astbury, Elton all drafted as forwards, all played defense.

He could go back, but his defensive game isn't very strong. He is a much better forward than he is a defender by the length of Flemington straight.

What is our fascination with drafting Key Forwards and trying to play them as defenders?

Schulz, Gourdis, Griffiths, Astbury, Elton all drafted as forwards, all played defense.
Because most defenders were junior AFL fwds who transition to defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back