2017 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

1st round pick (5-8) + De Goey for Peter Wright who seem to have worsened from last year.

Don't think GC would be keen on that. 2MP has already shown he's capable of being a reliable 2nd key forward and he's a great second ruck option. You would want more for Moore (sorry lol)
If that's the case maybe best to just go for schache or a decent option instead or maybe just head for the draft. getting someone like Wright/Lynch would be excellent if if it's going to cost us more than an early 1st rounder+De Goey (pick 5 who hasn't disappointed from our perspective) then that's just a bit too pricey.

If that's the case maybe best to just go for schache or a decent option instead or maybe just head for the draft. getting someone like Wright/Lynch would be excellent if if it's going to cost us more than an early 1st rounder+De Goey (pick 5 who hasn't disappointed from our perspective) then that's just a bit too pricey.
Yeah I might be overrating 2MP but I just don't see many other blokes his size that capable up forward. If he's uncontracted your hypothetical would probably work imo.

Yeah I might be overrating 2MP but I just don't see many other blokes his size that capable up forward. If he's uncontracted your hypothetical would probably work imo.

I agree with you 2MP would be worth more than De Giry +first.

Covers the ground well, competes hard, has a good mark and a solid kick. Pretty much what you want from a key forward.

Handy (or would be) as a relief ruck too. Think what Collingwood would want for Darcy Moore as a reasonable comparison in terms of trade for them.

2MP is developing really well for GC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was Brisbane I'd absolutely do it. They will set themselves up with McCluggage , Berry , Keays , Hooper and Kennedy for the future. But also have Rockliff , Zorko and Beams to guide them for the meantime.

From memory BL have Port's first rounder pick. That could be used in the draft for a forward pocket player or KPD
Port's pick would most definitely be used on Connor Bellenden

I'd give up a 4th rounder for JC.
Isn't he headed for Geelong next year

Would Sydney or Port look at Motlop as a FA?

Outside run and polish

Refuse to believe he can't be turned around as a player

Brisbane apparently have 2 million dollars free in the salary cap what do they do with it my guess is Brisbane would target midfielders maybe Hopper and Parish anyone else who is OOC that we could target
With the salary cap set to rise 20%, won't most clubs have an extra $2 million?

I'm all for throwing a wheelbarrow full of cash at Parish.

With the salary cap set to rise 20%, won't most clubs have an extra $2 million?

I'm all for throwing a wheelbarrow full of cash at Parish.

I did read 16 afl clubs have contracted players with clauses in their existing contracts that mean their existing contracts rise in line with the new cap. 2 clubs have no players with those contracts. Was port and another (maybe west coast I forget)

So those other 16 clubs won't have 2 million extra as some of that will be eaten up into existing contracts. They didn't say how many existing contracts on those teams had that type of clause though. For some teams it might be 2 players or 22 who knows.

But your point does stand though, everyone's cap is rising.

I wouldn't get my hopes up that these guys would come to you just for money
I never said they would I just said we would most likely have 2 million spare as we haven't paid 100% of our salary cap for the last 3 years and we would target midfielders just mentioned 2 that could be a chance of coming and then asked what other midfielders are OOC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back