2017 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would you want to consider trading Stef ?? Archie isn't up to it. Brisbane have a good core group in the middle, and Stef is a big part of that.
Stef won't be around when we're pushing finals it's better to trade him now while he still has currency Brisbane have Oscar McInerney and Archie Smith capable ruckman and Ballenden a Ruck/Def in our Academy I don't think it would be problem going younger

Kyle Langford + 2nd rounder for Todd Goldstein.
Why would we trade a 1st round pick that we've put 3 years worth of development into and a 2nd round pick for a 29 year old ruck that isn't even an upgrade on what we've already got?

t6Eofsn.jpg

Stef won't be around when we're pushing finals it's better to trade him now while he still has currency Brisbane have Oscar McInerney and Archie Smith capable ruckman and Ballenden a Ruck/Def in our Academy I don't think it would be problem going younger
Definitely has merit, and there are a few clubs who would want an A grade ruckman. Still has 2 more years on his contract. What do you think he is worth or what do you think you could get for him ??

Definitely has merit, and there are a few clubs who would want an A grade ruckman. Still has 2 more years on his contract. What do you think he is worth or what do you think you could get for him ??

Throwing Smith/McIrnerny to the wolves probably isn't a bad idea at this stage. Stef's great and the way he looks after himself, he can probably play until 34/35.

I'd be interested to feel what opposition fans feel he is worth. If he was traded, it'd be back to a Vic club.

Not sure of he's worth probably a 2nd round pick probably to a club like the Bulldogs would really complement their midfield

This argument shits me to no end. Think of the value that Martin supplies in getting your young midfield first use of the ball enabling them to be better and learn learn faster. I see this from some Carlton supporters "oh Gibbs and Murphy won't be thee for the next tilt" yeah well it's been a ******* long time between tilts however we need them to teach, provide and show the young draft picks how it's done.

Throwing out Martin, who is damn good and giving it to Archie who is not, will be a huge hindrance on your side and it's development. His value to you is an investment to the likes of McLuggage, Witherden, Keays, Cox and also the talls in Schache, Hipwood and Andrews.

If your club thinks like this, which I don't think they do, you'll be asking for PP's again.

Pick 5 for Pick 13 + Pick17
I know we don't have those picks, but as discussed we could have something very similar come the end of the year.

Should our picks end up being 5-7 and 8-10, would Brisbane entertain a trade for pick 1? Not necessarily just those picks either

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would be two trades that I'd be very happy to do, would give us 3x top10 picks. Would give us access to some really good midfield prospects.

I know we don't have those picks, but as discussed we could have something very similar come the end of the year.

Would be two trades that I'd be very happy to do, would give us 3x top10 picks. Would give us access to some really good midfield prospects.

Yeah would be a win for both, at this stage we need elite talent over quantity and you guys need as much talent as you can get.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This argument shits me to no end. Think of the value that Martin supplies in getting your young midfield first use of the ball enabling them to be better and learn learn faster. I see this from some Carlton supporters "oh Gibbs and Murphy won't be thee for the next tilt" yeah well it's been a ******* long time between tilts however we need them to teach, provide and show the young draft picks how it's done.

Throwing out Martin, who is damn good and giving it to Archie who is not, will be a huge hindrance on your side and it's development. His value to you is an investment to the likes of McLuggage, Witherden, Keays, Cox and also the talls in Schache, Hipwood and Andrews.

If your club thinks like this, which I don't think they do, you'll be asking for PP's again.

Archie would be the better tap Ruckman IMO. His work around the stoppage is quiet good, has good aggression and follows up really well. Around the ground is a very different story, Stef would be miles ahead, but he'd be one of the better ruckman in the league for that.

At some point we will need to bite the bullet and Archie needs to be given a decent go. If we let Stef go soon it gives us time to address this if Archie isn't up to it, also gives Oscar a better development opportunity in the reserves.

Pick 5+Steele Sidebottom for Jonathan Patton+Jacob Hopper

GWS gets a top 5 pick+a significant midfield upgrade which also helps them replace Kelly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would you want to consider trading Stef ?? Archie isn't up to it. Brisbane have a good core group in the middle, and Stef is a big part of that.
Stef is over rated IMO, he had a great 18 months a few years ago and has been living off that reputation ever since. He is of zero value up forward, his disposal is ponderous and since the Steven May hit he squibs contests. Would rather give McInerney, Smith, Eagles, Ballenden a crack and if the powers that be deem another is needed grab the best mature age ruck from the state leagues as a rookie, I also think Josh Walker would offer far more around the ground if given a chance in the ruck.

Pick 5+Steele Sidebottom for Jonathan Patton+Jacob Hopper

GWS gets a top 5 pick+a significant midfield upgrade which also helps them replace Kelly
No chance.
Didn't Patton sign on for an other couple of years recently?

Besides,
GWS would want that at least for just Patton. If you want hopper as well then keep going...

No chance.
Didn't Patton sign on for an other couple of years recently?

Besides,
GWS would want that at least for just Patton. If you want hopper as well then keep going...
I believe Patton is out of contract at the end of the year?

First round pick + Alex Neal Bullen for Zak Jones, Michael Talia and a second round pick

Williams and pick 9 for Lever

Trade Crameri to Melb pick 31

Trade Roberts to Carlton for pick 38

Trade Clay Smith to Brisbane pick 39-31 for pick 18

Go to the draft with Lever

Lever

Love it....

Sam Day for Cam Pedersen and a second round pick(ideally Swans pick if my above proposal went through)

Lever

Love it....

Doubt Melbourne will want Crameri,
Carlton have no need for Roberts
Also think the clay smith deal is under a for lions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lever

Love it....
You have got to be joking right.
Crameri gets you a late third rounder if you're lucky.
Pick 39 and 31 doesn't equal 18 this year.
Carlton don't need tall defenders, although your valuation of Roberts is on the money

Lever

Love it....
Your not getting pick 31 for Crameri. He has barely played for two years and is 29. Will be a fourth rounder at best.

Brisbane aren't doing that deal either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back