2017 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah would be a win for both, at this stage we need elite talent over quantity and you guys need as much talent as you can get.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We showed last year were willing to downgrade a high pick, would be dependent on the talent we thought would would be still available at the Hawthorn pick thou.

Kind of hard seeing it happen as it needs to be significant enough to tempt you, and slight enough to tempt us.

Stef is over rated IMO, he had a great 18 months a few years ago and has been living off that reputation ever since. He is of zero value up forward, his disposal is ponderous and since the Steven May hit he squibs contests. Would rather give McInerney, Smith, Eagles, Ballenden a crack and if the powers that be deem another is needed grab the best mature age ruck from the state leagues as a rookie, I also think Josh Walker would offer far more around the ground if given a chance in the ruck.

Stef's disposal is only really ever that bad when he is on the run essentially playing as a midfielder. Notice it more with him because he get's it more than most. I don't think he squibs contests personally. He was comfortably in AA discussion earlier in the year before we brought in Archie for a few games.

Oh yeah, The Trade Whisperer has been long praised for his inside knowledge and successful track record of players' trade and contract situations.
AKA Tony Sheehan

Should our picks end up being 5-7 and 8-10, would Brisbane entertain a trade for pick 1? Not necessarily just those picks either.
Really does depend on where the picks end up.

Picks 7 and 10. Nope.

Picks 5 and 8 would give it some serious thought.

If we could get Paddy Dow and Nic Coffield with those picks, I would do it.

Pick 5 for Pick 13 + Pick17

Would you consider Ports first round pick (owned by Brisbane), plus Brisbane's second round pick (currently pick 18), plus Michael Close for Collingwood's first pick plus pick 36 (Brisbane's third round pick owned by Collingwood).

Michael Close gives you a competent, mature body KPF to hold down the fort until your young KPF's come in to their own.

Personally I'd prefer the one elite player. Look what happened with Melbourne and Kelly. We still have ports 1st for another mid.
The fear is the Port pick might end up being used to match a bid for Ballenden and that might not be perceived as getting maximum value form the pick.

AKA Tony Sheehan

Really does depend on where the picks end up.

Picks 7 and 10. Nope.

Picks 5 and 8 would give it some serious thought.

If we could get Paddy Dow and Nic Coffield with those picks, I would do it.

Would you consider Ports first round pick (owned by Brisbane), plus Brisbane's second round pick (currently pick 18), plus Michael Close for Collingwood's first pick plus pick 36 (Brisbane's third round pick owned by Collingwood).

Michael Close gives you a competent, mature body KPF to hold down the fort until your young KPF's come in to their own.

The fear is the Port pick might end up being used to match a bid for Ballenden and that might not be perceived as getting maximum value form the pick.
Probably have Close in a seperate deal as he's steak knife at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't you rather keep pick 5? You guys need top end talent badly. The further you go down this draft the less likely your needs will be met. It depends on your sides needs though. Personally I wouldn't do it. Top 5 picks are worth keeping.

Shhhhh. Don't talk them out of it, they might be crazy enough to do a deal with us once we get the Reid compo and something for Jones leaving

First round pick + Alex Neal Bullen for Zak Jones, Michael Talia and a second round pick

No one has responded... generally means it's pretty close to fair value. Totally dependant on where it falls but I could imagine us going Jones and Talia for your first. Neal Bullen is a solid player but we have a few of his type developing at the moment so we mightn't bother with that side of the deal.

No one has responded... generally means it's pretty close to fair value. Totally dependant on where it falls but I could imagine us going Jones and Talia for your first. Neal Bullen is a solid player but we have a few of his type developing at the moment so we mightn't bother with that side of the deal.

I'll pass thanks. Why don't we just take their first and be done with it- IF and I mean IF Zac Jones wants to depart and frankly I haven't heard him want to yet.

Pick 5+Steele Sidebottom for Jonathan Patton+Jacob Hopper

GWS gets a top 5 pick+a significant midfield upgrade which also helps them replace Kelly

GWS are not having a fire sale! Patton is worth what he was drafted at basically! Has had a fantastic season. You'd be lucky to get Patton alone for that- and I'm not sure GWS would want Sidebottom anyway.

Has Motlop ever laid a tackle
yup..

3 in the last 2 weeks.

Tripled his average. On fire right now and building his value nicely. :cool:

Go Catters

Who do you think you are.. Carlton?

Go Catters

That's one way to put it. Almost fell off my chair....this the same Goldstein that has been dropped this week from a side coming 17th right? He's been awful this season. A club might trade for him but on form you are taking one massive punt at anything more than a second round (mid) selection...and I doubt Geelong really need him anyway. Half the reason your mids do well is your quick ruck men.

Yeah fair play. He's more ready built than Foote, Florent and Fox but the latter two definitely have a higher ceiling. Florenz will take a bit of time to develop to AFL standard, and Fox has great smarts but can't accumulate at AFL standard as of yet. If you want a mature age option who still has at least 7-8 years of good footy ANB is up for sale, otherwise more than happy if we somehow got Jones and Talia for our first. Might need to throw in a third rounder to get it done but that's fair

Western Bulldogs probably say no. why would they get rid of Dale when they could just give North a pick and be done with it?
They have a plethora of young midfielders/flankers like Williams, HoneyChurch, Daniel, Smith, Dunkley, Jong, Libby, Wallis, Bont, Macrae, Dahl etc. list goes on. Thought Dale is the one who has shown enough upside to be worth a second rounder, but not enough to be considered inexpendable. North would definitely want either a first rounder or youth with any promise

They have a plethora of young midfielders/flankers like Williams, HoneyChurch, Daniel, Smith, Dunkley, Jong, Libby, Wallis, Bont, Macrae, Dahl etc. list goes on. Thought Dale is the one who has shown enough upside to be worth a second rounder, but not enough to be considered inexpendable. North would definitely want either a first rounder or youth with any promise

A first rounder for a ruck who has been dropped by the 17th ranked side? Can I have some of what you are on? Mid second sure. WB's 2nd should be enough with a few swaps here and there. Dale will still have a role next year at the Dogs. I'd easily offer more than North would for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back